What Are You Listening to? Part IX: If You Read It Backwards... You Might Get Nausesous

Durckad

Beethoven,

. Hadn't listened to this in a while. Still gobsmacking.

I think that there are better performances on You Tube (including one that actually is by Richter). Shall I post the links?

Perhaps on the 16th of December we should post hundreds of links to all the best performances of Beethoven to be found on You Tube all at once to this thread. That way more than just you, I, and the couple of others hereabouts that appreciate the quality of this music will be led, or so one might hope, to celebrate Beethoven's birthday properly. (Mods: this is a jest not a threat :)

Perhaps on the 16th of December we should post hundreds of links to all the best performances of Beethoven to be found on You Tube all at once to this thread. That way more than just you, I, and the couple of others hereabouts that appreciate the quality of this music will be led, or so one might hope, to celebrate Beethoven's birthday properly...

There is only one thing to say.

So Theda if it is wolves you want, try this:

Paul Kantner & Grace Slick:

When I was a Boy I Watched the Wolves

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=SXOe_rbN-nI

Oooh, cheers. I like this!!

eta: Actually, I really, REALLY like this. Going on my favourites :P

Definitely my cup of tea, but then, my music taste is very much eclectic.

Oooh that's cool. I just watched Stoker like...a week ago maybe? Less than that. Not my favorite of Chan-Wook Park's movies but still good. But the scene when they played piano together was awesome. I had assumed that it was some well-known piece they were playing. The fact that it's an entirely new work is pretty cool. Philip Glass is amazing.

is one of my favorite pieces of all time.

EDIT: Pretty sure I posted

months ago, but goddamn it makes me fucking orgasm.

Yeah, I enjoyed Stoker, it was quiet and creepy in all the right ways. The piano scene was fantastic, very, very beautiful. The music is beyond powerful in that scene as well, it seems to be their relationship translated perfectly into music. Lovely.

Archived