Daenerys as a villain?

Thomask

There are probably a lot of threads about daenerys becoming The Mad Queen. I am just wondering how people feel about that. I personally feel like Daenerys is becoming some sort of a antagonist to many of the other POV's. What do you want to happen to her in the future? So would it make a good story for her to become mad and/or even a villain?

How would you feel if she became mad and how would you feel if she becomes an antagonist to most (all except lets say 2) of the other POV's?

I'd feel bad for the Dragons because this will likely mean that they die and so Dragons become extinct again, poor creatures always suffer more because of bad masters. :frown5:

I'd also feel sorry for the little frightening girl that she was, who then gained too much power and responsability all-of-the-sudden, corrupting her furthermore.

But anyway, as a villain, she would be pretty badass.

I'd feel bad for the Dragons because this will likely mean that they die and so Dragons become extinct again, poor creatures always suffer more because of bad masters. :frown5:

I'd also feel sorry for the little frightening girl that she was, who then gained too much power and responsability all-of-the-sudden, corrupting her furthermore.

But anyway, as a villain, she would be pretty badass.

Even if she becomes mad, perhaps some of the dragons survives? I hope at least...

Dany is different than most Villain Protagonists in that she is highly sympathetic instead of just being a jerkass and part of the story being told from her POV. Ok, "villain" is actually a bit of a stretch, but antagonist is not. Her latest set up really has all the pieces in place for her to be an antagonist to the peeps in Westeros we all know and love. I believe this is why we dont get a direct POV of Dany aside from her own. (Tyrion, Quentyn, and Barristan are all POV chapters that are near, but never took place directly with Dany. Every time Quentyn and Barristan would interact with her, it was through her own POV, not theirs. This is significant.)

Seeing how i find it highly unlikely that Dany will be able to control all three dragons, i think her showing up on Drogon (who looks just like Balerion the Black Dread) people in Westeros will shit bricks. If she does what i think she will do (fight Aegon), she will look like a marauding usurper to the people of Westeros. Our fave characters included.

Also, Dany doesnt have to be batshit to be an antagonist.

This is more discussed than R+L=J and it almost always turns into a bloodbath. I personally think that she won`t go mad, and neither will she become the man villain of the series.

Yeah sorry. I didn't think it where that many... but I was just wondering if people actually likes this notion or if they dislikes it. I didn't mean to just make another similar thread though :)

Yeah sorry. I didn't think it where that many... but I was just wondering if people actually likes this notion or if they dislikes it. I didn't mean to just make another similar thread though :)

No worries. Let`s hope this one will be a civilized discussion not like the other ones :P .

I don't think she'll become a true villain, but she'll be seen as such by most of Westeros. My guess is that GRRM is going to make her find out the hard truth that nobody was really clamoring for her return, and that songs about glorious conquerors are ultimately just songs.

By what constitutes the things needed to be done to become a "villain" in this series, no Dany is not even close to becoming one.

It really bothers me to see these biased opinions towards her, especially since she has done nothing completely "wrong" on purpose. At least not something she THOUGHT was wrong. I am not saying she hasn't made mistakes within her time as a queen, however, using her own words, "she is a young girl and does not understand the ways of war."

To judge someone, you have to know the shows they walked in....and in this case we GET to see exactly that. She was raised and abused by a psychopath older brother and then given to a strange barbarian to be his wife. Though she came to love him, she had to completely change herself, and let herself have the motivation to survive.

Both her husband (protector) and son die, and she is left with pretty much nothing. Through an act of destiny, she is able to hatch three dragons that are her wildcard. She then travels through a vast desert, watching her people die, and then is admitted into Qarth pretty much only because people lusted after her dragons. She was never taken seriously, and all of her inquiries for help were ignored practically.

Yet, she STILL made a name for herself, and obtained what she wanted, while never becoming a tyrant and whilst still doing what she saw right. she put her whole war on hold, because she felt like the slaves deserved their freedom, in which she effectively liberated them. Yes, war is brutal, and yes she did shed blood, but in truth she was doing what semi needed to be done to try and obtain peace and to show that she should not be taken lightly.

The guys that are entering Dany's orbit arent very reputable. Victarion isnt someone id call a heroic figure by any means. So theres that...

OberynBlackfyre, the point is so far over your head right now. A lot of us arent talking about if shes a villain now. We are talking about how she will be seen by the Westerosi when she lands. I doubt its gonna be pleasant for her.

Arianne in her sample chapter seems rather poised to name Dany a kinslayer over Viserys.

Intent isnt gonna matter that much especially if Dany is resigned to kick ass and take names. We all know shes...not so good with negotiation. People in-universe WILL jump to conclusions about her.

The guys that are entering Dany's orbit arent very reputable. Victarion isnt someone id call a heroic figure by any means. So theres that...

Not to mention Marwyn who's got to be involved in some very unsavory magic, and Tyrion the Kinslaying, rapist dwarf...

Dany is different than most Villain Protagonists in that she is highly sympathetic instead of just being a jerkass and part of the story being told from her POV. Ok, "villain" is actually a bit of a stretch, but antagonist is not. Her latest set up really has all the pieces in place for her to be an antagonist to the peeps in Westeros we all know and love. I believe this is why we dont get a direct POV of Dany aside from her own. (Tyrion, Quentyn, and Barristan are all POV chapters that are near, but never took place directly with Dany. Every time Quentyn and Barristan would interact with her, it was through her own POV, not theirs. This is significant.)

Seeing how i find it highly unlikely that Dany will be able to control all three dragons, i think her showing up on Drogon (who looks just like Balerion the Black Dread) people in Westeros will shit bricks. If she does what i think she will do (fight Aegon), she will look like a marauding usurper to the people of Westeros. Our fave characters included.

Also, Dany doesnt have to be batshit to be an antagonist.

We got, Selmy and Quent. Soon to be Tyrion.

Antagonist to who? Slavers? Antagonist to Littlefinger? Varys? Cersei? All the characters are antagonists to other characters. Are all the characters going to suddenly team up against Dany? Is that how it goes? Really?

Wait fighting fake Aegon makes her look like a Userper? Fake Aegon who is busy sacking the Storm Lands? I wonder who they will view as the real Targ, the Targ with the Dragons, or Aegon who is with the Gold Comapny who made a habbit of attacking Westeros and the Targs.

OberynBlackfyre, the point is so far over your head right now. A lot of us arent talking about if shes a villain now. We are talking about how she will be seen by the Westerosi when she lands. I doubt its gonna be pleasant for her.

Arianne in her sample chapter seems rather poised to name Dany a kinslayer over Viserys.

Intent isnt gonna matter that much especially if Dany is resigned to kick ass and take names. We all know shes...not so good with negotiation. People in-universe WILL jump to conclusions about her.

I'm not necessarily talking about this thread, yah know.

And of course she is going to SEEM like an antagonist to many, once she lands. However I guess what I was stating is whether or not she really IS an antagonist.

And it might be "bad for her in Westeros", but is that going to matter? She is going to have probably one of the largest armies, plus three full sized dragons.....so I think that (depending on the situation with the White Walkers) she could be seen as a horrible menace in the beginning, then as a savior to the land in the end.

People forget that the endgame here is not the Iron Throne, the endgame here is who is left standing after the Long Night comes.

We got, Selmy and Quent. Soon to be Tyrion.

Antagonist to who? Slavers? Antagonist to Littlefinger? Varys? Cersei? All the characters are antagonists to other characters. Are all the characters going to suddenly team up against Dany? Is that how it goes? Really?

Wait fighting fake Aegon makes her look like a Userper? Fake Aegon who is busy sacking the Storm Lands? I wonder who they will view as the real Targ, the Targ with the Dragons, or Aegon who is with the Gold Comapny who made a habbit of attacking Westeros and the Targs.

:rolleyes:

There will be discord between factions. Hurrr. I think that is pretty clear. Did i say everyone is gonna team up and try to take Dany out? I dont remember saying that. If Cersei is miraculously around when Dany shows up, yeah Dany will appear as very bad news for that team. That team isnt gonna team up with Aegon. Theres plenty of foreshadowing to prove that not everyone is gonna believe Aegon's claim anyway. Obviously theres gonna be power plays about that very thing. Aegon and Dany will clash. It is known. There will be people going to Team Aegon fake or not. Remember what Varys says about power lies where men believe it to lie? A big fucking war is coming. Theres also the North to consider. These guys may be tangled up in trying to free Winterfell from the Boltons, plus the Other problem. I hardly think that everyone is gonna jump on Team Dany once she arrives. That sounds cheap. There is plenty of room for conflict.

I'm not necessarily talking about this thread, yah know.

And of course she is going to SEEM like an antagonist to many, once she lands. However I guess what I was stating is whether or not she really IS an antagonist.

And it might be "bad for her in Westeros", but is that going to matter? She is going to have probably one of the largest armies, plus three full sized dragons.....so I think that (depending on the situation with the White Walkers) she could be seen as a horrible menace in the beginning, then as a savior to the land in the end.

People forget that the endgame here is not the Iron Throne, the endgame here is who is left standing after the Long Night comes.

You really think she will be able to control all three of her dragons? Really?

:rolleyes:

There will be discord between factions. Hurrr. I think that is pretty clear. Did i say everyone is gonna team up and try to take Dany out? I dont remember saying that. If Cersei is miraculously around when Dany shows up, yeah Dany will appear as very bad news for that team. That team isnt gonna team up with Aegon. Theres plenty of foreshadowing to prove that not everyone is gonna believe Aegon's claim anyway. Obviously theres gonna be power plays about that very thing. Aegon and Dany will clash. It is known. There will be people going to Team Aegon fake or not. Remember what Varys says about power lies where men believe it to lie? A big fucking war is coming. Theres also the North to consider. These guys may be tangled up in trying to free Winterfell from the Boltons, plus the Other problem. I hardly think that everyone is gonna jump on Team Dany once she arrives. That sounds cheap. There is plenty of room for conflict.

You really think she will be able to control all three of her dragons? Really?

nooo...she would have riders. Like Aegon and his sisters haha. I mean even if ONE got loose, she'd still have two, to anyone else's NONE.

edit: is it not KNOWN Dany and Aegon will clash, it is just speculated.

Archived