47 replies to this topic

#1 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

One Commitment, One Passion, Only One Heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Does anyone else like watching Big Brother on CBS?

It's probably my biggest TV guilty pleasure. It is what I look forward to every summer for television viewing. Yes, I know it's crap. But it's entertaining crap.

Anyway, if there is any other BB fans on here, they announced this season's houseguests today and the series starts next week on June 26.

#2 Underfoot

Underfoot

what the dickens

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Big Brother is the only reality TV show I watch, and I love it with an embarrassing passion. Last year I even got the live cams for a month, when I was off work and school.

Very excited for the season to begin next week! Apparently it's starting earlier and ending later, or at least that's what I understand. I wonder if we're starting out with more houseguests then...

#3 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Looks like 17 houseguests this year. That seems like more than usual.

#4 Underfoot

Underfoot

what the dickens

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

According to Wikipedia, there were 16 HGs last year, which is apparently the same amount as BB9, but last year the coaches entered the game later, which would have made a difference. BB13 had 14 HGs, and BB12 had 13.

So yeah, more than usual, I'd say.

ETA:

Also, looks like one of the houseguests (Elissa) this year is Rachel's sister. I hope she's not half as annoying as Rachel was.

Edited by Underfoot, 20 June 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#5 Slurktan

Slurktan

Hideous C.H.U.D. #4

• Members
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I do watch and think it's sleazy and yet awesome. Hopefully this one is as good as Big Brother Canada from earlier this year. Or at least the completely fucked up ending.

#6 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

I hope she's not half as annoying as Rachel was.

Did you mean to say I hope she's at least as half as awesome as Rachel was?

Because seriously, Rachel was the bomb! I got so much entertainment from that girl. Seriously. She and Brendan were comedy gold!

#7 Underfoot

Underfoot

what the dickens

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

I loathed Rachel the first time around. So full of herself, so whiny, such a poor sport. But then, I loved Britney Haynes and so naturally I ended up hoping she would lose.

....but I have to admit, she was a pretty awesome competitor, and the entertainment/drama that stemmed from her existence in the house was awesome.

I actually kind of ended up rooting for her in BB13 when she came back, because her personality was toned down but her competitiveness was amped up.

#8 Reposado

Reposado

Trop de tequila ou pas assez?

• Members
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Did you mean to say I hope she's at least as half as awesome as Rachel was?

Because seriously, Rachel was the bomb! I got so much entertainment from that girl. Seriously. She and Brendan were comedy gold!

I hated them the first year. But eventually they grew on me. It was Brandon screaming "this is for you Rachel" during the challenges that did him for me.

The second year he was the star of an absurdly bad cast

Although I font like how they completely rigged it for them year two

Edited by Reposado, 20 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#9 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

Is it just me or does the houseguest Kaitlyn look totally like the female lead from The Mentalist.

#10 Louis Cachet

Louis Cachet

Landed Knight

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I used to follow the British BB most years.

Seen some weird shit late at night watching it.

#11 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

So did anyone watch last night?

I thought it was a pretty good start. There's some likable folks in the house (Spencer, Howard, Candice) and some that were really annoying (Gina Marie and David). It didn't take them long at all to figure out that Elissa was Rachel's sister. So far, she doesn't seem to have as big of a personality as her little sis. Disappointing. Maybe she turns up the volume soon though. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#12 Fiddler

Fiddler

Council Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

It was ok for a first episode. I mean it really doesn't get going strong for a few episodes.

Yeah there was no way she was going to hide she was Rachel's sister. It should have been obvious immediatly to fans of the show.

I'm interested to see how this "twist" works out. Could be very fun to watch or just atrocious to see underserving people winning that powere week to week.

#13 Underfoot

Underfoot

what the dickens

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Just caught up on last Wednesday's episode. Looks to be a pretty good season. Lots of drama ahead, it looks like. Right now, I'm liking Helen a lot (she seems to be staying out of power plays/alliances/drama based on the blogs I've read from the livefeeds). Also liking Andy, Spencer, Howard, Nick, and Aeryn based on the first episode. That is very likely to change very quickly.

Can't stand David, Jeremy, or Jessie, and that is not likely to change.

I hope that Elissa doesn't get out the first week; that'd be a let down.

#14 Fiddler

Fiddler

Council Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Ok, starting to get into the characters a little bit now and starting to have some leanings on likes and dislikes.

Liking Rachels sister so far. She is sort of annoying, but I like her little speech before voting.

Disliking the pizza guy. For some reason he just rubs me the wrong way, but big props to him for pulling out HOH and a sort of hottie out of the deal, lol.

Really disliking blond girl, surfer brah and thier muscley bodygaurd. People like that just rub me the wrong way and make me hate watching them on a show like this.

I wasn't to shocked by the vote. I figured someone would finally come up with the idea and implement it.

Also, holey hell that have not room is horrid. I can't imagine being a have not at all. It would be dreadful.

#15 Underfoot

Underfoot

what the dickens

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Since the eviction was yesterday, do I have to spoiler tag the results?

Spoiler

It's interesting what they choose to show on the aired version. I've been keeping up with what's going on on the live feeds. Here are a couple of the highlights:
  • Apparently Aaryn and GinaMarie have said that Candice is "already on the dark side because her skin is dark."
  • Jeremy wiped Elissa's hat on his butt

It's going to be a crazy ride this year.

Also, does GinaMarie remind anyone else of Jenna Marbles?

#16 Reposado

Reposado

• Members
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Disliking the pizza guy. For some reason he just rubs me the wrong way, but big props to him for pulling out HOH and a sort of hottie out of the deal, lol.

me too. i sorta dislike people that are just bad at the game and his response to the accusation of being in an alliance was just so dreadful.

so far i think jessie and amanda have potential entertainment value. (following nick around was gold)

spencer came to play and i think that howard and elissa are capable players at the moment,

nick definitely has a matt hoffman, thinks he's good at the game but isn't vibe

eta: also loved how judd longed to meet a "hot italian girl from staten island." pretty sure thats not an actual stereotype

eta

that had to be editing asking elissa to make it seem like a dilemma. there is no way she was actually considering putting up kaitlyn

Edited by Reposado, 10 July 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#17 Underfoot

Underfoot

what the dickens

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

I actually think she had considered putting up Kaitlin as a way to get to Jeremy. I agree about Nick thinking he's really good at the game, but isn't.

So far, my favorites are:
Helen, Amanda, Candice, Judd, and Elissa (and Howard if only he'd get out of the Moving Company)

Hate:
Spencer, Jeremy, Aaryn, and to a lesser extent GinaMarie.

I hope Nick goes home just to see the look on Aaryn and Jeremy's face.

Also, is it just me or is the Moving Company the lamest alliance in a really long time? I hope Elissa stays and it falls apart.

#18 Fiddler

Fiddler

Council Member

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

I am enjoying the season so far and I do like the twist of the MVP. It adds a new dynamic to the house.

I feel that Nick made an big error this week though. When Elissa went to him after the Veto and after he heard the "hulk smash" speech from Jeremy, he should have made a deal with her and tell her to put up Jeremy's girlfriend and get the votes to get her out. Then he could have had Elissa in his pocket with her, most likely, MVP each week to do his dirty work.

I think he could have got the rest of the moving company behind this, excepting Jeremy, and really shook the house up. Plus Elissa would still be there as a target for everyone else.

Then again, he may have tried that but the editing just didn't show it.

One last thing. Does Kaitlin's eybrows look incredibley odd to anyone else? Its almost like she had a uni brown and just shaved between her eyes. lol

#19 Reposado

Reposado

• Members
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

I feel that Nick made an big error this week though. When Elissa went to him after the Veto and after he heard the "hulk smash" speech from Jeremy, he should have made a deal with her and tell her to put up Jeremy's girlfriend and get the votes to get her out. Then he could have had Elissa in his pocket with her, most likely, MVP each week to do his dirty work.

yeah. what happened to weaponizing elissa?

really crazy that they didnt go to her BEFORE she put anyone up and cut a deal. "hey elissa you're the obvious target. you might see as as potential targets, but really we are your salvation. im not going to tell you ill take you to the end. you wouldnt believe me. but i do want you around for at least a few more weeks. if you put up "person x" (probably amanda) we will all vote for her.

they have 6 of the 11 votes this week as long as none of them are on the block.

then boom, the person who has been calling out their alliance is gone, they are edging closer to a majority of the house. they have 5 guys with a chance at hoh next week and elissa is STILL the target for most of the house.

does this require some thought? sure, but they have 24 hours a day to sit there and think about stuff like this.

#20 Slurktan

Slurktan

Hideous C.H.U.D. #4

• Members
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Good gameplay to get rid of Nick but I despise the fact that Elissa is still in the house. She actually seems like a fairly normal person relatively and seems pretty smart; however it is blatantly unfair that the producers are rigging this for her. It's absolute bullshit that one player gets an advantage over everyone else from the get go.

One last thing. Does Kaitlin's eybrows look incredibley odd to anyone else? Its almost like she had a uni brown and just shaved between her eyes. lol

Yes. Very much so. It has become off putting for me. I'd rather have her shave them off completely and use marker to replace even though that looks terrible.

Reply to this topic