Who is Val? Descendant of the Night King and his Other bride

serkneeler

I'm of the opinion that Val's eye color change was on purpose.

I believe in the recent live-streamed event to promote the WOIAF, during the introduction about how GRRM had to ask Elio about character's eye color and other geographical info of such to make sure he would not make a mistake, GRRM said because of the mistakes of 'earlier books'...

Remember that Elio and GRRM were writing to each other that pre-dates 2006, it was in 2006 that they made an agreement to make a world book/app encompassing Westeros and its history.

Meaning, he asked Elio to make sure he didn't do the mistakes he did in earlier books (1996-AGOT, 1998-ACOK, which were written way before, 1991 for AGOT).

Thus, because of that, I believe GRRM wanted Val's eye color change in ADWD (2011) to be on purpose.

There are very subtle things GRRM wanted to bring across with Val's return. I have my theories, but I will wait until its revealed in TWOW.

My eyes color changes naturally , its varies from pale blue to medium blue, then someday its pale green to forest green. Why people reads so much into eyes color?

Wouldnt she be paler from the exhaustion (sorry english isnt my first language) of searching for Tormund? She isnt allowed to be tired?

Edit (hit send too fast on my phone): im all for developpement and interesting twists, but those "clues" arent enough for me... Or maybe i am an undiscovered other.

My eyes color changes naturally , its varies from pale blue to medium blue, then someday its pale green to forest green. Why people reads so much into eyes color?

Wouldnt she be paler from the exhaustion (sorry english isnt my first language) of searching for Tormund? She isnt allowed to be tired?

Edit (hit send too fast on my phone): im all for developpement and interesting twists, but those "clues" arent enough for me... Or maybe i am an undiscovered other.

My eyes are a dark blue. They look bluer when I wear white. My eyes also look dark grey when I wear black, and violet when I wear purple.

Don't know if grey eyes would look blue if the person who has them is wearing all white. It's possible.

Archived