#2 Winterz

Winterz

King Bread desires no avatars.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Eh, I'll open it then.

Is there any open theory thread about the voice Varys hears his Red Priest master speak with?

Edited by Winterz, 26 June 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#3 sixgunbuddyguy

sixgunbuddyguy

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

follow up from previous thread. they do have blue cheese, but where are the caves that have the penicillium mold? i am intrigued now.

#4 sixgunbuddyguy

sixgunbuddyguy

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Eh, I'll open it then.

Is there any open theory thread about the voice Varys hears his Red Priest master speak with?

i suppose it could r'hollor, but why would he really want to talk over fried junk?

#5 Lost Melnibonean

Lost Melnibonean

Council Member

• Members
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Why do you say Red priest? We don't know if he was a R'hollerite, um R'hllorist, er R'hlloran, oh whatever, do we?

#6 RumHam

RumHam

Commoner

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

i suppose it could r'hollor, but why would he really want to talk over fried junk?

Well, if the Varys is a Blackfyre theory turns out to be true, maybe because there is power in king's balls?

#7 Winterz

Winterz

King Bread desires no avatars.

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Why do you say Red priest? We don't know if he was a R'hollerite, um R'hllorist, er R'hlloran, oh whatever, do we?

Sorry, I meant Blood Magic, we can't possibly know that he's a Red Priest with the few evidence we have.

Well he's using fire magic in a Free City (Red Priests are all over the Free Cities), it kind of confused me though.

#8 Nami

Nami

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

I've heard people saying that some trailer or whatever had the scene of Brandon dying and Aerys etc and they cut that out of the show. Anyone knows where I can watch that? have the link for it?

#9 SaltpansResident

SaltpansResident

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

Small and/or dumb question.

Do we ever have *proof* that Robb named Jon as his successor in his will? We know he fights with Catelyn about it in the Sept. We know he gets his lords to sign a will. He never actually states what the provisions of the final will are as far as I know.

#10 King Joffrey's Revenge

King Joffrey's Revenge

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Do we ever have *proof* that Robb named Jon as his successor in his will? We know he fights with Catelyn about it in the Sept. We know he gets his lords to sign a will. He never actually states what the provisions of the final will are as far as I know.

nope, we'll never know(till we do....) /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

#11 SaltpansResident

SaltpansResident

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

I feel like it must just really be a coincidence, because who else WOULD he name? And yet....

#12 Ser Grumpy

Ser Grumpy

I have no soul

• Members
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

From the official WOIAF app which GRRM approves:

Along the way, he [Robb] concludes that he must make sure Winterfell has an heir should anything happen to him, and over Catelyn's objections legitimizes Jon Snow and names him his heir.

#13 SaltpansResident

SaltpansResident

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thank you!

#14 Agirlsaysaname

Agirlsaysaname

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

I feel like it must just really be a coincidence, because who else WOULD he name? And yet....

He may have named a strong northern lord if he felt his family was wiped out. You know, for the good of the realm /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#15 not in the face

not in the face

Council Member

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

I've heard people saying that some trailer or whatever had the scene of Brandon dying and Aerys etc and they cut that out of the show. Anyone knows where I can watch that? have the link for it?

Bumping this question in hopes of an answer .

#16 mindchap

mindchap

Plumm Crazy

• Members
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Bumping this question in hopes of an answer .

Try the show forum, show questions tend to get ignored on this board.

#17 julyleo

julyleo

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

I know alot of people were shocked by the red wedding but there was lots of foreshadowing especially throughout book 2,it never surprised me,but the purple wedding really came out of left field in a good way.So my question is was there ever any foreshadowing of Joffs death?

#18 SaltpansResident

SaltpansResident

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

You know the dwarf lady who was freaked out by the sight of Arya in ASoS when she was with Beric? She said something about visions, including a girl at a feast with purple flames of poison around her head.

#19 mindchap

mindchap

Plumm Crazy

• Members
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

I know alot of people were shocked by the red wedding but there was lots of foreshadowing especially throughout book 2,it never surprised me,but the purple wedding really came out of left field in a good way.So my question is was there ever any foreshadowing of Joffs death?

You know the dwarf lady who was freaked out by the sight of Arya in ASoS when she was with Beric? She said something about visions, including a girl at a feast with purple flames of poison around her head.

From the Ghost of Highheart:

"I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs."

#20 SaltpansResident

SaltpansResident

Squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

Wow, I really mangled it. Thanks for correcting.