Prologue Lady Stoneheart shows mercy

Jamie doesn't need bargaining chips. He serves the role of hostage just fine, if alive, even he's mot exchanged. Dead he's worthless.

If LS is capable of rational thought, she'll realize a breathing Jamie creates far more trouble for Lanisters/Freys than a dead one. If they harm Edmure, his child, GreatJon, etc... then Jamie dies. It'll paralyze the Lannisters which means the Freys cannot act.

And what will Cersie give for her captive brother? I'd guess a lot. And considering the "Crown" has relieved the Freys of their prisoners, a captive Jamie exposes the Freys to retribution with impunity.

Jamie doesn't need bargaining chips. He serves the role of hostage just fine, if alive, even he's mot exchanged. Dead he's worthless.

If LS is capable of rational thought, she'll realize a breathing Jamie creates far more trouble for Lanisters/Freys than a dead one. If they harm Edmure, his child, GreatJon, etc... then Jamie dies. It'll paralyze the Lannisters which means the Freys cannot act.

And what will Cersie give for her captive brother? I'd guess a lot. And considering the "Crown" has relieved the Freys of their prisoners, a captive Jamie exposes the Freys to retribution with impunity.

Keeping him alive worked really well last time...just sayin

Keeping him alive worked really well last time...just sayin

Cat was an absolute idiot. Which I suspect LS is also. But the Blackfish may change the equation. A creepy woman who can't speak vs a respected and known loyal battle commander? The Blackfish wins hands down.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm hoping that whenever Jaime and Lady Stoneheart meet, it ends in an unexpected way.

Perhaps Brienne and Jaime will do trial by battle and when Jaime loses, UnCat gives him the gift and he comes back as UnJaime. That way UnCat can rest knowing that she has achieved some level of revenge on House Lannister.

I think that would be sick as hell, and it would be Stoneheart's ultimate revenge on Jaime for what he did to Bran and everything else his House has wrought upon hers.

I don't think LS is very concerned with strategery right now. She's out to get even.

Makes no sense. Stoneheart is all about vengeance, it's the point of having her in the story. The power of the character comes from the contrast Stoneheart strikes against Cat. I don't see her making it out of whatever's going to happen in the Riverlands (presumably a Red Wedding 2.0 at Rivverrun) alive.

There's also no reason for her to be in a prologue. Her immediate role in the story is in the resolution of the Jaime and Brienne saga, and that won't be in the prologue.

I don't think this will be a prologue. Also, we don't know what Bran is doing, or is capable of doing, but I see him focusing more on resurrecting Jon or the undead horde coming rather than saving the life of a Lannister.

This. If Bran is going to be saving someone in the first half of TWOW, it's gonna be Jon.

I don't see how Bran can save Jaime...it's known that Bran can only glimpse scenes of the past...but is unable to communicate through the trees (though perhaps it was him speaking to Theon at Winterfell) but Jaimie is now a hostage again and it remains to be seen how he can manipulate his way off the chopping block. The only way I can see this happening is to confess that Tomen is his son thereby undoing all the Lannister treachery that put them on the throne....what other bargaining chips does Jaime have aside from trading himself for Edmure.....but I think he's worth alot more than Edmure .....and the Lannisters are done in Kings Landing especially after Kevans death. Cersei is a mess and there is a 10 year old left to rule without one capable person to rule for him ....who knows if Jaime is not the first major character to be offed by Martin....remains to be seen....if he can kill off Ned and rob and Tywin...why not Jaime....

When Jamie left Kings Landing to end the siege at Riverun he always made sure he had scouts. He told himself he would never let himself be captured again by some trickery like Robb Stark did. He also over again and over again thinks to himself how the Hound would tear him apart now that he has to fight with his left hand. He also has heard of the death of his old pal Merrett Frey and Ryman Frey to BWB. He also knows how to fight and capture outlaws since he did it before back against the Kingswood brothershood. My point is the new cautious Jamie realizes his limitations and the dangers of the hound and the brotherhood without banners. I'm pretty sure when a pretty banged up Brienne shows up telling him to go off by himself with her to meet the Hound he is going to question it. Brienne being the honorable mule that she is probably wouldn't tell him anything, but I don't think for a second that Jamie is going by himself he will have people following him and most likely will take the bwb down.

My only issue is what was Lady Sparrow's purpose? Just to pick up the Frey hate? Seems like Beric could done that too. Maybe Edric needed a reason to leave and get Dawn? Maybe her purpose was for Brienne to break her vows to Cat in order to understand the hypocrisy of so many vows and for Jamie to take out BWB. I kinda hope LS has some plan with Tom Sevenstrings that will already be in place before Jamie takes out the BWB, which leads to an all out Frey vs. Frey civil war! The rat cook could only eat his own offspring and I think Freys will kill more Freys then anyone else will get to and still be hungry!

Archived