I gotta bad feeling about Sansa in TWOW

The Black Hawk

out of interest though what speculations are there for her story ?? I have tried to wade through the huge Sansa threads on here but they are so long. Is there a generally held opinion about what is in store for her?

Not really, although there are a few speculations.

Most likely she will be linked to Littlefinger's downfall somehow as he is the main engineer behind hers and her family's misfortune. There is also foreshadowing that she will be an integral part of rebuilding Winterfell. He training as a politician is very likely also for a reason, and she's learnt from a master how to plot to herd those cats to where you want them. She's also involved in a few beauty and the beast story arcs, so it remains to be seen how they will pan out and what the resolutions will be.

Apart from that, Sansa, like Arya, has a pretty unpredictable future.

out of interest though what speculations are there for her story ?? I have tried to wade through the huge Sansa threads on here but they are so long. Is there a generally held opinion about what is in store for her?

Not as far as I can tell. There do seem to be a few popular theories--Sansa is going to be the prophesied younger, more beautiful queen who displaces Cersei, Sansa is going to die because Lady died, Sansa is going to be the death of Littlefinger (either directly or indirectly), etc.--but I don't think there's one general capital-o Opinion about what's in store for Sansa. Her arc is actually very interesting in that sense; it could go in any number of directions. The business with Sweetrobin alone could work itself out in about a dozen plausible ways.

However, no matter how much we speculate, it will probably be the case that whatever happens next for Sansa is something no reader could be expected to anticipate. How many readers before the release of ADWD thought that Bran would remain stuck in a tree for the rest of the series? And yet, as of the end of ADWD, many readers are resigned to the likelihood that Bran is never leaving that cave and will remain stuck in a tree for the remainder of the series, even if no one saw it coming. I imagine that whatever happens to Sansa in TWOW and beyond, it will play out in a way no one could have predicted. After all, how many readers predicted before the release of ASOS that Sansa would wind up marrying Tyrion?

I would imagine that Sansa's future (or lack thereof, if she has the whiff of doom around her like Robb did) will be a lot clearer by the end of TWOW, heading into the "home stretch" of the series. Until then, though, it's pretty wide open.

There is also foreshadowing that she will be an integral part of rebuilding Winterfell.

It occurs to me that the snow castle scene will be even more poignant if Sansa never makes it back to Winterfell.

I think the "controversial" chapter means she will be implicit in Sweet Robins death.

Quite possibly.

Cheers Y'all. I do think she'll be the doom of LF glad I'm not alone in that. I love Sansa and would be gutted if she pegged it before the very end. I so want to see her rub everyone who plotted her family's downfall into the dirt.

In case no one realised cough cough I am a Team Stark fan all the way. I always come back to Neds words about the lone wolf and the pack I think the pack will be reunited and each member will use their own skills to collectively bring destruction to their enemies.

I just can't see Sansa actually killing SR but hey maybe that's what's so controversial about this chapter.

HAHA I definitely never saw her wedding to Tyrion coming that was left field, but of course the way GRRM wrote it made perfect sense to the plot. I'll be honest I want TWOW to shock me I'm looking forward to regaining that feeling of reading it without knowing whats coming. But alas with big gaps between books and the pull of forums one does tend to speculate about the future of each character and with so many minds working on it some one is bound to have pulled together a rough version of events.

Archived