Boardology - resurrected...

Mladen

Exponential growth of the forum rule:

In the last months, there are so many new members and new threads created in General that it is impossible to follow it.

I am by no means an old-timer, but even I remember the time when you could check far more threads that interested you and threads stayed on the first page much longer than now.

(The discussion was also much more intelligent, IMO, but let us not dwell on that.)

I will one day make you a StanStan Buck. :P

And yes, that hug helped. :)

:stillsick: :ack: :stillsick: :ack:

Sorry. You will not. Ever. Do not try ruining my day with such terrible lies.

The best king we meet in the books is Mance, and I do not even want him on the Iron Throne.

UPDATED LIST OF BOARDOLOGY (up to the post #85)

Troll Laws:

a. There will always be a troll in this forum

b. Trolls always provide some sort of amusement and/or frustration

c. Trolls will always take it too far

Law of Troll threads: All troll threads will eventually become chat threads.

In Jon thread about him being R's+L's, there'll always be one person that says the KG at the ToJ doesn't prove he's a legitimate Targ and Rhaegar and Lyanna married.

Kienn's Law: Unless two separate PoV characters have witnessed the same thing, it is not a fact.

Any Dany discussion will inevitably involve Stannis and vice versa.

Any thread started by Black Hawk will require code-breaking software to read.

TTTNE King's Law: when voted king, the said poster will immediately vanish for weeks at a time.

Any military discussion will at some point involve an argument over whether or not Westerosi soldiers are untrained levies are not.

Any time there's a discussion about Cat and Jon Snow, the expression "an innocent child" will be used at least 5 times per page.

The references and homages thread will be spammed with things that are neither references nor homages.

Every now and then there's always a thread questioning Ned's honour

In any Dany thread, someone will try to use Dany's relationship with Daario as a character flaw.

The lighter and flamer the thread, the more replies it has...

All posts by Mother of the Others require an experienced psychologist to understand.

Whenever a thread deals with how many troops an area can raise, Free Northman is always there.

In a Dany thread, there will always be someone calling her insane.

There will always be someone, who doesn't understand the right of conquest, who says she's the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, not Stannis.

The law of Butterbumps: In any pro Littlefinger thread, she shall eventually show up and demolish all arguments in favor of LF.

Every second character is ASOIAF is suspected of being secret Targaryen

It's not possible to discuss Darkstar without various theories he is either Ned's, Lyanna's, Ashara's or Rhaegar's son (ETA: or babyswaped with one)

Very large OPs often dont get fully read either, sadly

If Fire Eater posts a bit of foreshadowing, you never question it.

There is no Forum Games thread without being used

Any game's thread Nerolunar creates will always involve me, Bando, GMM, and Kobayishi Maru.

Every time you`re ready to say "Now I have seen it all" someone like MaesterHodor shows up....

Every discussion about Jaime must have at least one post saying that he`s the biggest scumbag in Westeros and one post saying that he`s more honorable than Ned.

Every thread about Cat will have at least one post claiming she started the Wot5K

Any thread involving Roose Bolton will inevitably end with how awesome he is.

You cannot like both Dany and Stannis. Choose one

There are also the Dayne Laws:

1 - Any thread that mentions Arthur Dayne will have somebody theorizing that he is still alive.

2 - Every thread about Darkstar will always have some troll claiming he is Rhaegar.

3 - "Darkstar" should always be posted in purple (or is that just me?) to symbolize that he is of the night.

4 - Any thread about Ashara Dayne will eventually descend into an argument about Septa Lemore.

5 - Any thread mentioning Edric Dayne will have multiple people commenting on how he would be a great match for either or both of the Stark girls.

6 - Any thread mentioning Dawn will descend into a debate about Lightbringer, and eventually about Jon Snow being AAR/TPTWP.

Discussion about Lemore was impossible without page-long debates about why Martin chose not to mention her eye colour.

Littlefinger Baelish law: You cannot go one day without Littlefinger Baelish replying to threads in the character of, you guessed it, Petyr Baelish.

King of Starks law: He has to use King in the North line with every given occasion

MaesterHodor's Law: All threads started by MaesterHodor are awesome. The awesomest will quickly be locked.

Littlefinger Baelish law: You cannot go one day without Littlefinger Baelish replying to threads in the character of, you guessed it, Petyr Baelish.

It's not even funny how proud I am to have my law in the Boardology list. :)

I'll go ahead and make a law for you.

Protar's Law: In any thread bashing Tyrion, Protar will come to Tyrion's defense.

It might be more accurate to say -

Protar's Law: In any thread bashing Tyrion, I'll write up a lengthy post and then delete it before posting so I don't get in trouble. :P

Jon's Queen Consort law: I always use

His Imperial and Royal Majesty Jon Diredragon or Snowdragon or Starkdragon or Snow first of his name. The King of Winter and the Dragon of the North.Azor Ahai reborn, Last hero, the Prince that was Promised. King of the the First Men. Lord of the North, the Vale, the Iron Isles the Riverlands, and Beyond the Wall
at questions like who is the best Stark/Targ, who will be the King in the end etc...

Exponential growth of the forum rule:

In the last months, there are so many new members and new threads created in General that it is impossible to follow it.

I am by no means an old-timer, but even I remember the time when you could check far more threads that interested you and threads stayed on the first page much longer than now.

(The discussion was also much more intelligent, IMO, but let us not dwell on that.)

Agreed. And there seems to be a load of new posters whos post count is going up incredibly fast

Jon's Queen Consort law: I always use

at questions like who is the best Stark/Targ, who will be the King in the end etc...

In a dragon has three heads topic I always post that it's Jon and use the examples like Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen. Thanks JQC :cheers:

Another law: MIaden will be the first poster in every thread. You may get lucky, but no matter how many times you try you will lose.

He also welcomes the newcomers before everyone else

In a dragon has three heads topic I always post that it's Jon and use the examples like Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen. Thanks JQC :cheers:

you are welcome SirJared

I need my own law, seems to be the fashion around here.

I do seem to be drawn to any posts claiming Talisa is a good character like a magnet.

I remember that one. :)

Talisa's laws:

There will always be people claiming Talisa is a character consistent within setting of the story.

There will always be people calling Jeyne bland and accusing her of having no personality.

There will always be people claiming Talisa's character is cool solely based on the opinion that the actress is sexy. (Those posters are usually male.)

:rolleyes:

Archived