Sansa as a warg

Dany Girl

So GRRM has stated all the Stark kids are wargs, and we've seen almost all of them use their gift in some way so far, except Sansa. Yes, she was abnormally connected to Lady, but had not had time to start the wolf dreams, and has still yet to show signs of warging. So my question is, when will it happen, what will she warg, and what effect will it have? She's in the Vale right now, so might she warg an eagle and use it to spy? Spy on LF and find out he's no good, prompting her to kill him as is a popular idea? I feel like GRRM would not have said all of them are wargs if we don't get to see it in action.

Due to her being reffered so many times as little bir/dove, and that birds play important symbolism in her storyarc, most of us believe she will warg birds. That way she could have her own 'net' of little birds and she will find out what's behind LF's machinations...

I don't know that she'll necessarily ever end up using her ability. Bran and Arya both knowingly and consciously are able to use their warging abilities. I'm not clear how conscious or in-control Jon is of his bond with Ghost. Rickon and Robb obviously had/have strong bonds with their direwolves, but it isn't clear how aware they are of the depth of it.

Without Lady to develop a warg bond with, Sansa has the least experience with warging of any of the Stark children. Furthermore, she is separated from basically all Northern influences and mentors. I won't be surprised at all if she never learns about her abilities.

I don't know that she'll necessarily ever end up using her ability. Bran and Arya both knowingly and consciously are able to use their warging abilities. I'm not clear how conscious or in-control Jon is of his bond with Ghost. Rickon and Robb obviously had/have strong bonds with their direwolves, but it isn't clear how aware they are of the depth of it.

Without Lady to develop a warg bond with, Sansa has the least experience with warging of any of the Stark children. Furthermore, she is separated from basically all Northern influences and mentors. I won't be surprised at all if she never learns about her abilities.

Bolded part: Totally wrong

1. Arya never consciously warged Nymeria. She still thinks those are just wolf dreams

2. What Northern influence or methor Arya had for warging, or Jon and Robb. You could argue that for Bran, but even Rickon had no proper menthor. There are no menthors for warging. Not in North, not in South, and not certainly in Essos. The only place you could find them is North from Wall.

Due to her being reffered so many times as little bir/dove, and that birds play important symbolism in her storyarc, most of us believe she will warg birds. That way she could have her own 'net' of little birds and she will find out what's behind LF's machinations...

I know your not Apple or Tze and I have more than 25 posts but really all that's left to be said is :agree: , :rofl:

I think Bran is the only one who has control at this point. Arya seems to just have the wolf dreams but is so desperate for a connection to home/family that she assumes it's just a dream. I don't think she thinks it's real at all. Jon is just super bonded with Ghost but doesn't seem to realize he can warg yet. Who knows about Rickon at this point. He and Osha know what Bran can do so he may have learned to control it too. We'll never know what Robb and Grey Wind were like as they're dead and we never had a POV. I think they were just really bonded.

it would be sad if Sansa never learns to warg, and really no point to GRRM saying they're all wargs if they don't all learn to use their gifts imo.

Bolded part: Totally wrong

1. Arya never consciously warged Nymeria. She still thinks those are just wolf dreams

2. What Northern influence or methor Arya had for warging, or Jon and Robb. You could argue that for Bran, but even Rickon had no proper menthor. There are no menthors for warging. Not in North, not in South, and not certainly in Essos. The only place you could find them is North from Wall.

arya does consciously warg cats and she is aware that she is seeing what her wolf sees very early when she sees her mother pulled by nymeria. if i'm not mistaken, sansa and robb are the only ones that haven't shown warging or wolf dreams since even rickon sees his father in the crypts when he is sleeping.

arya does consciously warg cats and she is aware that she is seeing what her wolf sees very early when she sees her mother pulled by nymeria. if i'm not mistaken, sansa and robb are the only ones that haven't shown warging or wolf dreams since even rickon sees his father in the crypts when he is sleeping.

Well, there is indication that Robb warged Greywind and so he found that hidden path in Westerlands, remember? As for Sansa, it's just there, she is warg, and eventually will express her powers. It's just on GRRM to decide when and where. As for Arya, yes, in her last chapter she conciously warged cats, but up until then, her warging abilities were on subconscious level, through her dreams. It's not like any of the Starks warged direwolf consciously... It all started with dreams.

doesn't sansa once wake up believing lady is still with her - i know is not the same as warging but i still think she may have had wolf dream

edit

yeah dove seems very likely

or a lion or a wolf or a hound :P

doesn't sansa once wake up believing lady is still with her - i know is not the same as warging but i still think she may have had wolf dream

yes, she dreams of lady but not in lady and the dreams of lady happen when lady's been killed. she misses her wolf. who wouldn't?

All wargs are skinchangers, but not all skinchangers are wargs."

"Are ‘warging’ and ‘skinchanging’ interchangeable terms, or does warging refer exclusively to skinchanging involving wolves?"—Sean T. Collins, boiledleather.com

Here’s what George said when I asked him that question shortly after ASoS was published:

Elio: In SoS, Jon mentions that he sees skinchangers _and_ wargs among the wildlings. What’s the difference?

GRRM: A warg is bound to a wolf. Skinchanger is a more general term. All wargs are skinchangers, but not all skinchangers are wargs.

We use "warg" as a noun and a verb to refer to skinchanging fairly often even though it's strictly speaking a misnomer (the word "warg" literally just means wolf), so it's safe to assume that the OP meant skinchanger.

Anyhoo, maybe Sansa's more political mindset will lead her to possess humans instead of animals. Littlefinger treats other people like puppets figuratively so Sansa may take a more literal approach.

There was a thread on this. Some feel she has a connection to that older dog, and also that it is funny because she once had her "Hound."

There was evidence that she might have done something already but of course won't realize it. And I also think there was an interview that GRRM said that all of the Stark children are wargs.

Damn, it would be so useful for her against LF, or even reaching her siblings. Would love to see it.

I think it's going to take some sort of severe shock to reactivate Sansa's latent warging abilities. She might be so panicked that she accidentally wargs into someone else, but I'm more for the idea that she'll slowly learn how to warg into birds and eventually use it to her advantage.

So lovely. The snow clad summit of the Giant's Lance loomed above her, an immensity of stone and ice that dwarfed the castle perched upon its shoulder. Icicles twenty feet long draped the lip of the precipice where Alyssa's Tears fell in summer. A falcon soared above the frozen waterfall, blue wings spread wide against the morning sky. Would that I had wings as well.

I'm with everyone on that Sansa skin-changing into an eagle/falcon/hawk would be great, but I find the idea of her changing into a bird of prey to spy a little funny. I'm picturing a giant menacing eagle perched outside the window of someone's room or hovering very low above a traveling party's heads and trying to look inconspicuous, like 'Keep talking guys, don't mind me' :D

Also, flying can be dangerous for the mind, as we learned from Varamyr. So while I would like to see Sansa bonding with birds (a falcon specifically - someone suggested that we could see Jon Arryn's falcon again and I love the idea), I hope she doesn't make a habit out of it. Wistfulness is only good in moderation. In the game of thrones, you have to keep your feet on the ground.

I wouldn't mind if she bonded with another dog, but I would really prefer another wolf (or a shadowcat - she is at the Vale...)

Archived