Sansa's attitude

MizasterJ

I think the OP should imagine being kidnapped, held against his own will and forced to marry/fuck a really ugly chick, that was possibly involved in a conspiracy to kill his family. How happy would he be do we think?

If I was treated as kindly and fair as Tyrion treats Sansa I would at least be humane. I dont expect Sansa to be in love with Tyrion but stop being such a stone.

The problem I have with Sansa is that she can't understand the difference between those that mean to treat her poorly and those that earnestly care and want to help. I know it's not an easy thing to determine, but Tyrion is very cut and dry/ straight forward/ easy to relate to.

He reminds her of those people who brought destruction to her family. She was stupid enough not see the real Joffrey, so it was good for her not to fall again to another princey kind of glamor.

If she would ever open her eyes she would see the true nature of a person and learn to tell whether their kindness comes from the heart or is just a manipulation.Tyrion's actions show his character just like Joff's reveal his., but Sansa was too dense to get it.

Well, Tyrion is a Lannister. What did the Lannisters do to her family? Even though he took no part in Ned's beheading or the Red Wedding, he broke his oath to Catelyn when he married Sansa - He swore to trade [sansa and Arya] for his brother. She doesn't know that, but what if she learns about it one day?

Tyrion didn't break any vow. Jamie hadn't shown up yet, and by the time he did Tyrion wasn't able to do anything. Besides there was nothing in the vow regarding marriage.

A knight in shining armor saves a girl from her prisoners, not keep her a prisoner in a forced marriage forever and ever.

Which Tyrion isnt doing. He wants out of the marriage just as badly as she does, if not more.

If I was treated as kindly and fair as Tyrion treats Sansa I would at least be humane. I dont expect Sansa to be in love with Tyrion but stop being such a stone.

She is never once overly mean to him during the marriage, instead all she did was keep her emotions to herself something he doesn't have any right to especially when he is her jailer. Simply, this post comes of the whole Nice Guy Syndrome of where if a guy is "nice" enough then the girl is obligated to care for the guy. All while ignoring that nice guy isn't that nice at all, but instead has grievously wronged the girl.

If she would ever open her eyes she would see the true nature of a person and learn to tell whether their kindness comes from the heart or is just a manipulation.Tyrion's actions show his character just like Joff's reveal his., but Sansa was too dense to get it.

Tyrion's true nature is that of a pretty shitty human being, thus her blindness to his nature mostly comes from how she believes him to be kind instead of realizing that he is an asshole.

Tyrion didn't break any vow. Jamie hadn't shown up yet, and by the time he did Tyrion wasn't able to do anything. Besides there was nothing in the vow regarding marriage.

By marrying her Tyrion guarantees that she will never be able to return home, thus meaning that if Robb did attempt to exchange Jaime that she still would not be released and be able to return home.

Which Tyrion isnt doing. He wants out of the marriage just as badly as she does, if not more.

Hahahahah...wait you are serious? Tyrion freely agreed to the marriage in the fulfillment of his ambitions for Winterfell and a pretty wife. If he didn't want the marriage he could have easily declined Tywin's offer.

In short, Sansa is completely justified in her attitude and if anyone is in the wrong it is Tyrion.

If there's one thing the show has made as clear as the books, is that Tyrion hates being married to Sansa twice as much as she does.

She just doesn't believe it because he's a dwarf and she's the opposite of.

If there's one thing the show has made as clear as the books, is that Tyrion hates being married to Sansa twice as much as she does.

She just doesn't believe it because he's a dwarf and she's the opposite of.

If there is anything the show has absolutely incorrect it is Tyrion's stance towards the marriage, along with Sansa's respective stance towards the marriage.

In how if they showed how much Tyrion was for it and sexually desired of Sansa then individuals might question the character of Tyrion, he who must be portrayed as never being in the moral wrong. While, in contrast Sansa needs to be refitted so that she recognizes his absolute greatness as otherwise people might get angry at her.

Simply, in the books Tyrion was willing partner in her forced marriage because he desired her both sexually and wanted her claim to Winterfell. While, Sansa never wanted or any Lannister but was forced into a threat of punishment and was contemplating suicide if her escape from him and the Lannisters failed.

One thing to keep in mind is that Tyrion has always slept with whores on a regular basis, so he's going to be ready to perform regardless the partner: Sansa was no different than the next woman in this instance.

The fact that Sansa was shallow enough to believe as much its consistent with a teenage character who regards herself as a natural beauty, or at the very least, as prettier than her husband, but in no way determines Tyrion's feelings for her or rather the lack thereof.

Sansa was imposed to him by his father, she's a stranger that Tyrion can't and won't trust and, for someone who was actually framed for trusting Shae on the books, that says a lot about how much Tyrion hates being married to Sansa.

You do understand that we actually have Tyrion's own POVs where he thinks about how attractive she is and how he desires her sexually and in other ways, right?

Not to mention that freely chose to marrying her, while she was forced to marry him. Thus, if he was so opposed to marriage he would have just declined her when Tywin made the offer and stayed firm on that issue.

Do you understand sexual desire isn't love right? Tyrion doesn't "love" Sansa any more than he "loves" the last whore he slept with. Never had and never will.

Tyrion constantly going on about how he hopes to make her love him. Simply, he desired and was content with the marriage much more then she ever was in his attitude.

Seriously, she was thinking about killing herself if she wasn't able to escape the marriage how much worse of an attitude can you have on situation if you would rather be dead then be stuck in it?

Tyrion hated it so much that he actually bailed from his marriage and Sansa altogether.

He has a better relationship with a female dwarf he doesn't even desire (Penny) than he ever had with the wife Tywin imposed to him.

If that doesn't tell us how much he hates being married to Sansa, then I don't know what does.

Tyrion actually escaped from his marriage and Sansa altogether.

He has a better relationship with a female dwarf he doesn't even desire (Penny) than he ever had with the wife Tywin imposed to him.

If that doesn't tell you how much he hates his marriage, then I don't know what does.

Have you read the book or did you just get a brief summary of what happened and are now making speculations?

The reason that Tyrion "escaped" from Sansa was because she fled King's Landing and left him standing in confusion of where the hell she went. Instead, of any action on his part of separating from her.

Moreover, he doesn't have a good relationship with her as she doesn't desire to know him as she doesn't understand him and wants to escape from him. In contrast, he is the only one constantly dreaming about how he wants to experience her joys, sorrows, and what not.

The problem I have with Sansa is that she can't understand the difference between those that mean to treat her poorly and those that earnestly care and want to help. I know it's not an easy thing to determine, but Tyrion is very cut and dry/ straight forward/ easy to relate to.

I believe that's what they call Stockholm Syndrome.

Also, I wouldn't go so far as say that Tyrion cares for Sansa. He just wants her to warm up to him, because he believes it would make life easier for both of them.

You do understand that sexual desire isn't love, right? Tyrion doesn't "love" Sansa any more than he "loves" the last whore he slept with.

He never had and he never will.

So Tyrion is not in love with Sansa, which means he hates being married to her, which means he is as much a victim as Sansa is. Is that what you're trying to say?

Tyrion went into the marriage unwillingly as Sansa had. However, Tywin thinks that Sansa would be the only Satrk child left and heir to Winterfell and blindly thought the North would rise for the grandson of Ned STark. The North will rise and fight for the STark children, but never a child with lion's blood even is a mother is a Stark. The North despises the Lannisters and Tywin blindly think this would change if they produced a grandchild of Ned STarks.. I also firmly believe Tywin is coward as he never faced and defeated Robb in the field and had his lackeys do the dirty work. If he were not afraid he would have faced Robb, but after Whispering Wood he feared Robb.

If she had stockholm syndrome she would have given in to sleeping with Tyrion, so I do not think Sansa has stockholm syndrome. Stockholm syndrome a person begins to see their captive as human and when the captive is given something like bathroom breaks, food, the rose colored glasses come on. This is not the case for Sansa as she has finally come to terms with the Lannisters true colors. Tyrion was kind enough not to deflower her and impregnate her. Tyrion did ask if she wanted out of her marriage with Joff and at the time he was hand he could have found her another to marry. With Sandor she was afraid of him and went with people that were only out for their own gain and still cannot keep her mouth shut especially about key items.

If she had stockholm syndrome she would have given in to sleeping with Tyrion, so I do not think Sansa has stockholm syndrome. Stockholm syndrome a person begins to see their captive as human and when the captive is given something like bathroom breaks, food, the rose colored glasses come on. This is not the case for Sansa as she has finally come to terms with the Lannisters true colors.

That's what I mean. I find it rather disturbing when people basically claim that Sansa should let herself be Stockholmed, as if she owed something to Tyrion for being nicer than Joffrey. She doesn't.

Tyrion went into the marriage unwillingly as Sansa had.

No he didn't. Tyrion was given the free and open choice about the marriage by Tywin and he chose to marry Sansa because he wanted Winterfell and he believed that overtime that she would come to love him. He could have freely said no to Tywin and the worse that he might suffer is him receiving a lower class of a marriage.

In contrast, Sansa had no say in the marriage at all. First, in how it was sprung onto her without her knowledge much less her permission. Additionally, she was subjected to threats from both Cersei and Joffrey telling her that she would marry Tyrion or else. Meaning that if she had fought the marriage she would have likely been beaten by the Kingsguard until she agreed to the marriage.

Simply, Sansa was forced while Tyrion was voluntary.

I think if you gave any girl of that age a deformed midget, who was related to the people responsible for her father's death, as their potential husband.. it'd be incredibly unlikely they'd be willing to fuck them on their wedding night.

Sansa is a great character, with her final ASoS chapter being one of the best in the series.

Also, Tyrion is still loyal to his family at this point. He shows kindness yes, but I agree with you on how can a girl expect to reciprocate it to man who is still loyal to his family and part of a family that is responsible for all her losses/griefs? She is trapped in the marriage as she is still trapped in Kl and if he wanted to show kindness more he could have schemed to get her out etc..

I despised Sansa in the first two books because she basically was a blabber mouth to all the wrong people, never took responsibility, had rose colored glasses on etc.. This book she is no different, but I am opening up to her because she is learning finally. Tyrion expects too much, but they have a same thought pattern. Sansa agreed to marry Willas a man around Tyrion's age or older and dreamt how she could make him love her and had all these fantasies. I think Tyrion is thinking of her in that way if only he can get her to see him as a good guy/person love me..

So far, he had made gestures, asked if she wanted out of marrying joff when he was hand, to end the farce but I do not see him making much action of sorts like he does when he schemes against his sister. He could have done much for Sansa while he was Hand or even as her husband with the way he can scheme, talk etc..

I know LF wants Tyrion gone because Tyrion knows some truth about LF and the assassination attempt on Bran.

I can understand Tyrion being her scapegoat for the hatred she has of his family and her attitude as she is more of a hostage now then before. If he really wanted to have her seem him in a different like he could have done more action on her behalf. He could have got word to her family that Arya is missing or worked to get her out of Kl, back to her family. He would have been considered a friend to those if he delivered a Stark back to the north unharmed, unspoiled etc..

Over all, i can understand Sansa's attitude and what you have stated above.

Also, Tyrion is still loyal to his family at this point. He shows kindness yes, but I agree with you on how can a girl expect to reciprocate it to man who is still loyal to his family and part of a family that is responsible for all her losses/griefs? She is trapped in the marriage as she is still trapped in Kl and if he wanted to show kindness more he could have schemed to get her out etc..

I despised Sansa in the first two books because she basically was a blabber mouth to all the wrong people, never took responsibility, had rose colored glasses on etc.. This book she is no different, but I am opening up to her because she is learning finally. Tyrion expects too much, but they have a same thought pattern. Sansa agreed to marry Willas a man around Tyrion's age or older and dreamt how she could make him love her and had all these fantasies. I think Tyrion is thinking of her in that way if only he can get her to see him as a good guy/person love me..

So far, he had made gestures, asked if she wanted out of marrying joff when he was hand, to end the farce but I do not see him making much action of sorts like he does when he schemes against his sister. He could have done much for Sansa while he was Hand or even as her husband with the way he can scheme, talk etc..

I know LF wants Tyrion gone because Tyrion knows some truth about LF and the assassination attempt on Bran.

I can understand Tyrion being her scapegoat for the hatred she has of his family and her attitude as she is more of a hostage now then before. If he really wanted to have her seem him in a different like he could have done more action on her behalf. He could have got word to her family that Arya is missing or worked to get her out of Kl, back to her family. He would have been considered a friend to those if he delivered a Stark back to the north unharmed, unspoiled etc..

Over all, i can understand Sansa's attitude and what you have stated above.

To continue--- On their wedding night Tyrion states his Lord Father has commanded him to consummate this marriage. That frustrates me about Tyrion is his father issues gets in the way of things. He hates his father, but wants his love and respect. he wants out from under his father's thumb but does not make much effort to do so in actions, gestures..

I can understand if Sansa thinks him all words and no actions. The marriage is Lannister driven by Tywin to state a Lannister claim to the North and extend their power further.

LOL. The true nature of a person. I believe you are talking about Tyrion, a guy who murders Symon without any guilt, let Tymett go unpunished for murder, is OK with organising the burning alive of thousands to keep an illegitimate psychopath on the throne and broke Marillion's fingers gleefully because he was singing sarcastic songs about him. He is a scumbag.

Archived