Is Satin a spy?

diremitar

I was thinking about Satin and asked myself could he be a Littlefinger's spy. He is born and raised in brothel. Littlefinger owns some brothels. I always connect whores in this series to LF.

Mel said to Jon to be careful about people who are close around him, who smile in his presence and are friendly towards him. I doubt that means Bowen and others stabbers because they never smiled at Jon or were friendly with him.Satin smiled at Jon. Maybe she saw Satin's betrayal in her fires and misunderstood that as she usually does.

We don't know why Satin was actually sent to Wall. He arrives at Wall in ACoK I think. Some time after Jon.

I don't know if this is important but he converts to Old Gods, maybe to bound more with Jon.

Why would LF plant spy on Wall? Night Watch is neutral. Does he think that Ned Stark's bastard could matter in Game of Thrones or is he just careful and wants to have informers in every corner of the realm?

I don't think so. For one thing I don't think LF has a lot of interest in what's going on there, though maybe with Stannis in the North he might. But Satin was there before Stannis. More importantly Satin would have a hard time relaying any info to LF. He doesn't have access to Vale ravens as far as I know. If one was used it would be missed, too.

I don't think so. For one thing I don't think LF has a lot of interest in what's going on there, though maybe with Stannis in the North he might. But Satin was there before Stannis. More importantly Satin would have a hard time relaying any info to LF. He doesn't have access to Vale ravens as far as I know. If one was used it would be missed, too.

He is highly interested in Starks. He wants grab support of North through Sansa. He doesn't want any wild cards, he is careful and systematic and wants Jon under control. Satin arrives at Wall in clash, more or less in similar time when LF starts his plot to "rescue" Sansa from KL.

I don't know how Satin gives info to LF, maybe he is there only to hold his eyes on Jon just for case.

I know this is stretch but there was always something suspicious in Satin for me

That comment was full of prejudice

Eh, not necessarily. A seneschal is a steward and Satin does wear perfume even while on the Wall:

He could smell Horse’s unwashed breeches, the sweet scent Satin combed into his beard, the rank sharp smell of fear, the giant’s overpowering musk. He could hear the beating of his own heart."

Although this wouldn't really prove that he was LF's spy, unless LF has contacts with Oldtown. But it does create a reason for suspicion towards Satin because a prophet has called him out personally.

The only people before the "sender of that pink letter" that showed any interest in Jon at the wall was Cersei Lannister. She wanted him dead because she fears any and all Starks, Bastards or legit because of all the wrong she and her monster son Joff, has done to them. If any one other than a bolton Wanted Jon dead, it was the Lannisters. Cercei in particular.

Eh, not necessarily. A seneschal is a steward and Satin does wear perfume even while on the Wall:

Although this wouldn't really prove that he was LF's spy, unless LF has contacts with Oldtown. But it does create a reason for suspicion towards Satin because a prophet has called him out personally.

Except that the prophet warned Dany, who is thousands of miles away from Satin. Also there's the Selaesori Qhoran.

Well, in the show we've seen Littlefinger use one of his male prostitutes as a spy, to pose as a squire and seduce Loras. Maybe in the end that very same "squire" will reapear as a recruit for the Wall...

I am not positive that things from show are relevant and accurate for books but that can stand. My opinion is that LF has net of whores across Westeros as spies. But yes, problem is information chanel between Satin and LF. It is not excluded that he sent ravens from CB, Aemon is blind and Clydas old I don't think these two would notice any ravens missing.

The only people before the "sender of that pink letter" that showed any interest in Jon at the wall was Cersei Lannister. She wanted him dead because she fears any and all Starks, Bastards or legit because of all the wrong she and her monster son Joff, has done to them. If any one other than a bolton Wanted Jon dead, it was the Lannisters. Cercei in particular.

I've always had a feeling it was Sylese who does it I don't really know the reason for this feeling though.

It's possible... if LF would ever care to have a spy on the Wall. Varys is another option, of course.

The problem is communication. A brother in the NW is thousands of miles from KL, and they don't have much opportunity to trade/travel.

I guess that Varys, who has made some comments about the Wall could be a possible candidate for placing a spy there, and while Satin seems like a sound choice, I very much doubt Varys thought that Jeor Mormont would be a good target for such a ruse.

Cersei is only person that we know is interested in Jon. We don't have LF's POV and he will certainly not tell Sansa "hey I am interested in your bastard brother and send some nice male whore to spy him". Idk if I am LF and if I want to secure North for myself I would be highly interested in Ned Stark's bastard

It's possible... if LF would ever care to have a spy on the Wall. Varys is another option, of course.

The problem is communication. A brother in the NW is thousands of miles from KL, and they don't have much opportunity to trade/travel.

I guess that Varys, who has made some comments about the Wall could be a possible candidate for placing a spy there, and while Satin seems like a sound choice, I very much doubt Varys thought that Jeor Mormont would be a good target for such a ruse.

I always considered Alliser Thorne as Varys spy. He has connections in KL. In my eyes every character from brothel is connected to LF

I am not sure that Satin is LF's spy or spy at all but I am pretty convinced that Mel warns Jon about Satin

I think people give LF too much credit, even he's not smart enough or had the foresight or aware of AA, tptwp or rhaegars bastards or whatever else is at the wall.

He is not aware of all of this but he is aware of Ned's bastard who is possible obstacle in bringing North under his gasp

Archived