Davos (Stuck between a rock and hard place...spoilers)

MidnightAurora

I just finished ACOK and I really like Davos and feel sorry for him as he is stuck between a rock and hard place. He is right when Mel stated she foresaw the death of the Castellan in the flames and he thought he was made part of it to ensure it would come true by smuggling her into the castle like he did to help Stannis when was besieged. She made some interesting comments that I hope Davos will remember later and use to help someone. She stated in so many words she killed Renly because he was not protected, but the Castellan was inside the castle. She stated the castle was strong and held great magic and she could not attack from outside and had to be inside to cast her shadow assassin. That got me to thinking of Catelyn's chapter where she is remembering how the caste was built and about Brandon the builder meaning certain things are protected and still holds old magic. It also got me thinking that to ensure the accuracy of the predictions she seems to make them sure herself.

I forget where I was going with this thread..

It seems like Stannis who is honorable and unyielding is being corrupted by Mel and I am hoping Davos can help him see the errors before it cost him either of their lives. Davos seems to be honorable and Stannis owes him alot, but he is still humble and remembers his past and loves his family. I just like his character even though he is aligned with Stannis.

• 1 year later...

Stannis keeps Davos around because he knows the latter will always be straight with him, while others will tell him what he wants to hear. Although it seems Melissandre does have Stannis under lock & key, Davos keeps him at least skeptical and willing to weigh his options when it comes to following her suggestions.

Archived