Possibilities in Bran chapters in TWOW

Monogamy was very common among Targaryens.

No, monogamy. Incest was very common but there are few known Targaryen monarchs who were polygamous.

Ugh... ...

Monogamy might have been "common" for Targaryens, whereas it is universal for every other house, meaning, Targaryens are about infinitely times more likely to have a polygamous relationship than every other house in Westeros.

There are "few known" polygamous Targaryen's, again, sure you could say that, but you might be more informative and less misleading if you said " we know multiple Targaryens that were polygamous, but zero people of any other house that were"

Though above I am really just talking of noble houses, there is one other polygamous relationship we know of, involving Craster, who also happens to *drumroll* like incest too.

Monogamy was very common among Targaryens.

Common enough, yes, but not so common as in the commoners. The Targaryens are all a bit weird, and not just because of their oft-cited polygamy, either: just look at Baelor’s agamy, for example. Plus we have the interesting case of Naerys, who may have engaged in polyandry with her brothers Aegon IV and Aemon the Dragonknight.

They met at Harrenhal, like ten miles from God's Eye.

Just as we have found that the word weirwood contains a hidden meaning (a weretree, as in a werewolf, a man-tree), I offer the notion that it is called Gods Eye for a very specific reason. It is the very eye of the gods, the place from which the old gods most keenly look upon the world without.

Just a thought.

Finally the wise of both races prevailed, and the chiefs and heroes of the First Men met the greenseers and wood dancers amidst the weirwood groves of a small island in the great lake called Gods Eye.

Just as we have found that the word weirwood contains a hidden meaning (a weretree, as in a werewolf, a man-tree), I offer the notion that it is called Gods Eye for a very specific reason. It is the very eye of the gods, the place from which the old gods most keenly look upon the world without.

Just a thought.

Finally the wise of both races prevailed, and the chiefs and heroes of the First Men met the greenseers and wood dancers amidst the weirwood groves of a small island in the great lake called Gods Eye.

Well given that every tree on the isle of faces has a face carved into it it does seem like it was probably named after the gods looking threw there.

Anyone else think Bran is going to be an info pump for Jon about the Others? Other than warging Hodor, it seems to be very little he can do.

Hence Jon's last chapter, I do not think he is going to be a great part in the book anymore.

Bran could become the puppet of Bloodraven and Bloodraven Brynden might be the "Great Other"s himself. Remember him saying Bran "Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother’s milk. Darkness will make you strong." It's kinda creepy don't you think? If Bran will be on his side, Bran and Jon could face each other as enemies, not Brothers. That'd be something i'd like to see!

Bran could become the puppet of Bloodraven and Bloodraven Brynden might be the "Great Other"s himself. Remember him saying Bran "Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong." It's kinda creepy don't you think? If Bran will be on his side, Bran and Jon could face each other as enemies, not Brothers. That'd be something i'd like to see!

I like to paraphrase what a guy said in one thread: "Bran is not Anakin, Bloodraven is not Palpatine, Jon is not Luke, Dany is not Leia". The comparison with Star Wars is funny cause there if you are a bad guy you will look like a bad guy, there's no middle ground.

He'll help Jon get back into his body, learn more about the events of years past (RR but also the NK) and learn more about his powers. After that he'll be forced to flee with Meera and Hodor when the Wights and WW finally break through the magic wall that protects the cave. Bloodraven and Jojen (posing as Bran on a Weirwood throne) will be killed. Bran and his crew will travel underground for a short while before bumping into Coldhands, who'll reveal his true identity (NK) and take them back underground into Gorne's way.

He'll help Jon get back into his body, learn more about the events of years past (RR but also the NK) and learn more about his powers. After that he'll be forced to flee with Meera and Hodor when the Wights and WW finally break through the magic wall that protects the cave. Bloodraven and Jojen (posing as Bran on a Weirwood throne) will be killed. Bran and his crew will travel underground for a short while before bumping into Coldhands, who'll reveal his true identity (NK) and take them back underground into Gorne's way.

Bran's help for Jon may be more specific than just getting back into his body. Haggon told Varamyr about the second life for skinchangers:

Haggon’s rough voice echoed in his head. “You will die a dozen deaths, boy, and every one will hurt … but when your true death comes, you will live again. The second life is simpler and sweeter, they say.”

And he told Varamyr how you fade away in your second life (which was something Varamyr experienced):

“They say you forget,” Haggon had told him, a few weeks before his own death. “When the man’s flesh dies, his spirit lives on inside the beast, but every day his memory fades, and the beast becomes a little less a warg, a little more a wolf, until nothing of the man is left and only the beast remains.”

Varamyr knew the truth of that. When he claimed the eagle that had been Orell’s, he could feel the other skinchanger raging at his presence. Orell had been slain by the turncloak crow Jon Snow, and his hate for his killer had been so strong that Varamyr found himself hating the beastling boy as well. He had known what Snow was the moment he saw that great white direwolf stalking silent at his side. One skinchanger can always sense another. Mance should have let me take the direwolf. There would be a

second life worthy of a king. He could have done it, he did not doubt. The gift was strong in Snow, but the youth was untaught, still fighting his nature when he should have gloried in it.

Without Bran there to guide him--to help him remember his name (as he did for Theon)--Jon could get lost in Ghost and might never find his way back from his first death.

Will he come back? Sure. Death and guest rights don't have much meaning any more. Either one...

Bran's help for Jon may be more specific than just getting back into his body. Haggon told Varamyr about the second life for skinchangers:

And he told Varamyr how you fade away in your second life (which was something Varamyr experienced):

Without Bran there to guide him--to help him remember his name (as he did for Theon)--Jon could get lost in Ghost and might never find his way back from his first death.

Will he come back? Sure. Death and guest rights don't have much meaning any more. Either one...

I don't think that Bran will help Jon that way. What he will do? Invade Ghost while Jon is inside? Isn't it too dangerous?

I don't think that Bran will help Jon that way. What he will do? Invade Ghost while Jon is inside? Isn't it too dangerous?

Varymir went into the eagle when Orells consciousness was in there. It would take considerable skill and it would be risky but it's possible.

But Orell already was one with the eagle... and even that way Varamyr was influenced by Orell.

and what's your point? Jon is also one with Ghost if he really died.

Orell was "lost" inside the eagle. Will Ghost let Bran enter him? Bran have the power to invade Ghost's mind? Would Bran and Jon influence each other?

The vibe i'm getting from the last few books is that in terms of warging and greenseer powers the sky is the limit for Bran. He can warg Hodor already and if i remember correctly humans are hard to warg.

Orell was "lost" inside the eagle. Will Ghost let Bran enter him? Bran have the power to invade Ghost's mind? Would Bran and Jon influence each other?

Orell = dead => Orell "lost" inside the eagle. Jon Snow = dead => Jon "lost" inside the direwolf. Varamyr = powerful skinchanger => hostile take over of the eagle. Bran = Greenseer and way more powerful than Varamyr => take over of Ghost is certainly possible.

The vibe i'm getting from the last few books is that in terms of warging and greenseer powers the sky is the limit for Bran. He can warg Hodor already and if i remember correctly humans are hard to warg.

Orell = dead => Orell "lost" inside the eagle. Jon Snow = dead => Jon "lost" inside the direwolf. Varamyr = powerful skinchanger => hostile take over of the eagle. Bran = Greenseer and way more powerful than Varamyr => take over of Ghost is certainly possible.

What I want to say is: Warging Ghost's mind with Jon inside wouldn't be harmful to Jon's mind?

What I want to say is: Warging Ghost's mind with Jon inside wouldn't be harmful to Jon's mind?

Unpleasant? Yes. Harmful? Maybe. We'll have to wait and see

I don't think Bran will warg Ghost while Jon is having his second life. Rather, I think Bran will talk to him as he did in ACOK. This time I think Jon will know (or learn to know) that he is talking to Bran and that those conversations will keep him Jon while he is in Ghost and prevent him from fading into Ghost.

Archived