Why is Littlefinger revealing his plans to Sansa?

Blackfish Tully

Lysa knew much more about LF than Sansa does and not many people think he was madly in love with her or that she was his weakness.

LF is arrogant, but he isn't that careless. He made Sansa his accomplice and isolated her from other people, she trusts him more than anyone else at the moment. Most of his "secrets" he shares with her are supposed to strengthen this bond,but he is definitely not telling her half of it.

I agree, I think it's all calculated and his "feeling" for her because of cat are non-existent. If he ever loved cat that feeling died a long time ago. I think he's grooming her to become him, all the things he did to isolate her from everyone, get her to trust only him and even when he murdered her aunt there was no blame on him because he 'saved' her. To someone like LF winning is not just killing your enemy it's utter destruction of that person, what better way to do that than turn the last living daughter of both hoster tully and stark by turning her away from her family the way Lysa turned her back on hers.

Especially when she finds out LF was behind Ned's beheading.

It's amazing to me that someone would think that Littlefinger could cause so much chaos and mayhem and manage to keep his hands clean but would be stupid enough to tell Joffrey to kill Ned Stark in front of witness. Here is how he would have talked to Joffrey.

Joff " Lord Baelish do you think I should spare Lord Stark or execute him?"

Littlefinger " I think you should spare him. It's what your mother and Lady Sansa want and you should listen to their advice.

It will also show your people and your enemies , especially Robb Stark, that you are a kind and merciful king and are willing to forgive your enemies and then we don't have to be afraid of angering the northerners"

Is anybody who heard that going to be smart enough to know that Littlefinger used reverse psychology on Joffrey?probably not.

It's amazing to me that someone would think that Littlefinger could cause so much chaos and mayhem and manage to keep his hands clean but would be stupid enough to tell Joffrey to kill Ned Stark in front of witness. Here is how he would have talked to Joffrey.

Joff " Lord Baelish do you think I should spare Lord Stark or execute him?"

Littlefinger " I think you should spare him. It's what your mother and Lady Sansa want and you should listen to their advice.

It will also show your people and your enemies , especially Robb Stark, that you are a kind and merciful king and are willing to forgive your enemies and then we don't have to be afraid of angering the northerners"

Is anybody who heard that going to be smart enough to know that Littlefinger used reverse psychology on Joffrey?probably not.

Varys little birds.

not to mentoin a old saying pride goes before the fall

because obsession isn't logical

Fixed it for you

People are forgetting that LF's human and can still make human mistakes. Sansa is his chance to relive his youth with Cat, he can impress her and show off to her because he never got the chance to with her mother.

He's underestimating her because all he can see is that lovely, Tully maid from all those years ago. If she can use that to her advantage she could possibly take him down, but for now lets see how it goes with Harry

It seems Littlefinger is nearing the finish line regarding his playing of the game of thrones.

His end goal? To have Sansa Stark fall in love with him, and to be with her through marriage or something else.

Varys on the other hand seems to be just getting started. His end goal? A Targaryan/Blackfyre king on the throne... and lots of blood shed in the process.

The moral of this story? Don't get your junk cut off.

I think LF has made Sansa a co-conspirator so she can't rat on him. She saw him push Lysa out the moondoor.

She had chances to tell people what she saw and she didn't.

Now she's guilty by association.

I don't think sansa would care (maybe not care but act on it) even if she finds out his role in her fathers death. LF is giving sansa hints so she might eventually figure out on her own what he did, so it's not out of nowhere (that whole story about how he manipulated Joffrey into getting those dwarfs).

Archived