GOODKIND III

Werthead

GO! GO! GO!

Terry Goodkind is our God.

Jagged can now claim to have made the 666th post about Goodkind on 06/06/06. Isn't teh Interweb a wonderful thing?

(still trying to work out why it's saying 665 on the board and 666 inside the thread, but what the hell?)

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far, away...

The Yeard came amongst us. It flowed down from Nebraska, eventually settling near Vegas. Unlike the Wheel of Time, this Yeard had a beginning (not that the WoT was copied by the Yeard, nosiree!). Its name was Terry Goodkind, and he became known for the ferocity of his Yeard, which wiped out millions in its Imperial March to the NYT list. It inspired thousands, provoked tens of thousands, and gave hundreds of thousands a bad rash.

Fear the Yeard.

GO! GO! GO!

Jagged can now claim to have made the 666th post about Goodkind on 06/06/06. Isn't teh Interweb a wonderful thing?

(still trying to work out why it's saying 665 on the board and 666 inside the thread, but what the hell?)

You better send off that copy of Wizard's First Rule now. I'm sure he's really looking forward to it.

You know what I'm really missing? The Goodkind mauling thread. It suddenly just stopped. We need to start it up again - we gave up too soon.

You know what's really sad - that there has been more posts on Goodkind in the past 12 hours than I think I've ever seen on any topic, ever before, on any forums. Including spam topics such as those they used to have at Malazan Empire.

I have to admit, this makes me a little sad...for goodkind is our curse, our bane...and yet we continue to write his name...

This is true. But now we have accomplished the task for the day we can all feel better. There will be more Goodkind humour to come. But frankly I am spent (collapses). And in all fairness it did take four months to bring that thread up to that level. Part 1 took longer just to reach Page 20. So the ferocity and amount of GK-bashing has gradually diminished over the past year or so.

You know what I'm really missing? The Goodkind mauling thread. It suddenly just stopped. We need to start it up again - we gave up too soon.

It's still around. Someone posted a link to it on the Malazanempire board a few days back. Try the search function.

I know. My work here is done. I need to clear my head out of any Goodkind thoughts for the next half hour before going to bed. Otherwise I fear my dreams will be yeard-shaped.

You know what's really sad - that there has been more posts on Goodkind in the past 12 hours than I think I've ever seen on any topic, ever before, on any forums. Including spam topics such as those they used to have at Malazan Empire.

One of the World Cup threads on the entertainment just got 270 posts in one day, so it isn't entirely unprecedented.

I think you must have missed the big TTTNEs where we made over 1000 post in an hour.

Archived