GOODKIND III

Werthead

As her husband, Richard, desperately searches for his beloved, whom only he remembers, he knows that if she doesn't soon discover who she really is, she will unwittingly become the instrument that will unleash annihilation. But Kahlan learns that if she ever were to unlock the truth of her lost identity, then evil itself would finally possess her, body and soul.

*Swoons.*

"Mr. Goodkind's compelling prose weaves a magic spell over readers."

--Romantic Times Bookclub on Faith of the Fallen

How hard up for a good review do you have to be to use a reveiw from Romantic Times Bookclub?

A website that does not even have reviews for such books as Memiors of Geisha, or anything by Jane Austen. Seriously it's funny to search for respectable authors and books and have them bring up nothing and yet Terry Goodkind has three books reveiwed there most with four stars or more out of five. :rolleyes:

Good job with weaving a magic spell over such a site Goodkind. Good job. :rofl:

This is true. But now we have accomplished the task for the day we can all feel better. There will be more Goodkind humour to come. But frankly I am spent (collapses). And in all fairness it did take four months to bring that thread up to that level. Part 1 took longer just to reach Page 20. So the ferocity and amount of GK-bashing has gradually diminished over the past year or so.

It's still around. Someone posted a link to it on the Malazanempire board a few days back. Try the search function.

I know it's still around, I just think we should continue going with it - there's only a certain amount of times you can read "Richard's mind raced as to how they could have gotten ahead of them. Richard's mind lost"

One of the World Cup threads on the entertainment just got 270 posts in one day, so it isn't entirely unprecedented.

We have to remember though this is about Goodkind. For a World Cup thread, it's expected.

I just noticed a sample chapter of Faith of the Fallen

Time to start adding a commentary?

Some great quotes early on in it -

while she didn't remember dying

Also notable is the Publisher's Weekly comment:

Notable for its engaging secondary characters, the novel also evinces flashes of sly wit, as when an evil Chime takes the form of a menacing chicken...Goodkind's ingenious world-building will keep readers captivated by the latest installment of his bestselling Sword of Truth series

I just noticed a sample chapter of Faith of the Fallen

I just noticed that he starts about every second paragraph reminding the reader that "SHE DIDN'T REMEMBER DYING". Ok, I understand. She has a bad short-time memory. But I haven't, so it would suffice to tell me once.

She didn't know his name. The profound anguish so apparent in his eyes told her beyond doubt that she should have. More than her own name, more than life itself, she knew she should have known his name, but she didn't. Nothing had ever shamed her more.

Thereafter, whenever her own eyes were closed, she saw his, saw not only the helpless suffering in them but also the light of such fierce hope as could only be kindled by righteous love. Somewhere, even in the worst of the darkness blanketing her mind, she refused to let the light in his eyes be extinguished by her failure to will herself to live.

Paragraphs like these make me understand how a Romance site could give it such a good review. :rolleyes:

not too sure about the jacket either - possibly an evil chicken in disguise?

If you aren't sure about the jacket, that probably means you are either too young to be looking at it or too stupid to understand it.

Art helps me with my writing, though, and is part of it. In order to paint, you have to see what is really there. For example, to paint chrome some people just paint silver, because they think chrome is silver. They aren't seeing what is really there. Chrome isn't silver, it's something that reflects what's around it, sky or ground or whatever. When I write these things in my head, and it comes time to write them down, that artistic ability helps me to describe in an accurate way what I'm seeing, what is really there. I think it helps me bring texture and life to my writing

So thats why he is the greatest writer to ever have existed!

Somewhere, even in the worst of the darkness blanketing her mind, she refused to let the light in his eyes be extinguished by her failure to will herself to live.

Ouch! :stunned:

This may be a stupid question, but is Goodkind his real last name or a pen name?

...I think it's his real name, though I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

...a magical sleeping spell, perhaps?

Romantic Times? Whoa. How does it get on a Romance bookclub? Despite what Goodkind says, the book is still Fantasy (crappy as it might be). But then again, with the way he does his descriptions and his fetish for sexual...er...encounters in all of his books, it might as well be.

Archived