Saddest Moment to You in ASOIAF ?

Jose Stark

reading this

“It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb… Robb… please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting… The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed. “Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.— Catelyn Stark”

~sobbing~ :-( this was the most heartbreaking moment in the whole series. My heart hurts all over again just reading this, it's not fair :-(

Jon's goodbye to Bran being screwed up

Arya when she and Gendry parted ways

Ice being melted down by Tywin (that bastard)

Joff dying ( he was a total a-hole but I enjoyed him)

Sam telling the story of why he joined the watch

Jamie loving Cersei unconditionally, only to find she wasn't as faithful

Quentyn feeling like a failure and doing something stupid to prove that he wasn't

reading this

“It hurts so much, she thought. Our children, Ned, all our sweet babes. Rickon, Bran, Arya, Sansa, Robb… Robb… please, Ned, please, make it stop, make it stop hurting… The white tears and the red ones ran together until her face was torn and tattered, the face that Ned had loved. Catelyn Stark raised her hands and watched the blood run down her long fingers, over her wrists, beneath the sleeves of her gown. Slow red worms crawled along her arms and under her clothes. It tickles. That made her laugh until she screamed. “Mad,” someone said, “she’s lost her wits,” and someone else said, “Make an end,” and a hand grabbed her scalp just as she’d done with Jinglebell, and she thought, No, don’t, don’t cut my hair, Ned loves my hair. Then the steel was at her throat, and its bite was red and cold.— Catelyn Stark”

:crying:

When Doran and Arianne find out about Quentyns death.

Elias death.

Alannys Harlaw.

Those, Cat's "death", Theon in the Godswood of Winterfell in ADwD, and Theon meeting Asha at the end of ADwD. (That one really killed me)

EDIT: Quent's death too.

Sam's eulogy to Maester Aemmon.

There were probably sadder moments, but this one got to me the most.

RW - Cat inner monologue had some of the saddest material, but the situation was so thrilling, I was caught up in the moment, and it was a mixed emotion of sadness and thrill. (Not thrilling in a positive manner, but on the edge of your seat)

Someone already mentioned Jorah, but him being cast away by Daenerys isn't half as bad as what happens after he gets caught by the slavers. And how he's got that tattoo burned on his face, he's been beaten to meat... I wonder how the reunion with Daenerys will go, if it ever happens?

Someone already mentioned Jorah, but him being cast away by Daenerys isn't half as bad as what happens after he gets caught by the slavers. And how he's got that tattoo burned on his face, he's been beaten to meat... I wonder how the reunion with Daenerys will go, if it ever happens?

I really hope he has no bubbly feeling left for her if they ever meet again. Poor guy.

reading this

this and the melting down of ICE to make two lannister swords. :crying:

reading this

Still raw over this, poor cat :(. Damn you Freys, Boltons, and Lannisters to the deepest level of hell.

Thanks for posting this quote Potato..

Still raw over this, poor cat :(. Damn you Freys, Boltons, and Lannisters to the deepest level of hell.

Thanks for posting this quote Patato.

it gets to me every time

i can excuse genocide on the freys

I would say the saddest moment for me would be when weasel the little girl with Arya and the gang was left out in the forest by herself to probably be eaten by wolves. With the combination of the little boy a couple pages later gets his faced smashed in by Gregor's men becasue he was crying that they hanged to his dad and then they kill the mom who tried to stop them.

The saddest moment to me is in one of the D&E tales.

As to the novels, having to hear what Elia was put through. When I reread I never reread the parts that describe it. But that fringes on saddest and angriest type moment.

Archived