MLB 2013 III - When Puigs Fly

Myshkin

That's why you need a league min, as well as a high. It awful to see a player from the Yankees making more then entire teams.

I've been a proponent of a salary floor for years. I could accept a salary cap if there was a floor also. I just can't abide by teams taking revenue sharing money and having a $30mil a year payroll. Imagine what Billy Beane could do if A's ownership was forced to spend 50 or 60mil a year.

Miguel Tejada suspended 105 games for amphetamine use. This seems a little weird to me, because Tejada takes Adderall for ADD, and has had a therapeutic use exemption for 5 years. He claims to have taken his Adderall while reapplying for his therapeutic use exemption, and that's when he tested positive. But Tejada doesn't seem to be appealing his suspension. It seems to me that if you test positive for a legally perscribed drug which you take for a diagnosed illness, and which the MLB has been fully aware of for at least 5 year, that this would be the perfect time to appeal.

ETA: It seems that he probably did appeal, and lost. I'm still a little confused as to how he lost, he seems to have had a pretty good defense.

Archived