Small questions v.10009

Angalin

When Rattleshirt was executed in place of Mance, was he tricked/drugged/willing into being the victim? It's been a while since I read the book, but I could never understand why he took the fall for his leader.

I assume he was forced. He denied that his was king when he was being burned, so he wasn't doing it willingly cuz he wasn't trying to trick anyone

Sorry for not being clear, I meant completely insane?

Not that I know of. But if rumors are true, we'll be getting a complete Targaryen family tree in the Worldbook, so maybe we will know more when it comes out.

Also, there weren't that many completely insane males, either - Aerion is the only one that is absolutely certifiable (and to some extent - the Mad King).

"I dreamed of a winged wolf bound to earth with grey stone chains.... A (three-eyed) crow was trying to peck through the chains, but the stone was too hard and his beak could only chip at them." What's the significance, if any, of the "stone" chains?

"I dreamed of a winged wolf bound to earth with grey stone chains.... A (three-eyed) crow was trying to peck through the chains, but the stone was too hard and his beak could only chip at them." What's the significance, if any, of the "stone" chains?

I think it was just symbolising Bran's unwillingness to fully embrace his warging powers.

I think it's possible the grey stone chains represent his temporal connection to House Stark and Winterfell. The 3EC is trying to break his worldly connections by convincing him to travel beyond the Wall and give himself over as full fledged part of the weirnet. If you've ever watched Star Trek, you'll know that maintaining a shred of personal identity is what keeps people from becoming fully Borg. I see this as analogous to that and also a parallel to what's happening with Arya at the HoBaW as they try to erase her Stark identity. I don't think it will succeed in either case.

Lancel is going full on religious and repenting for his sins. Does that mean that he has told the High Septon everything he knows regarding the incest/death of Robert?

Lancel told previous HS everything - and that's the reason Cersei had jim killed in his sleep. It's unkown whether new HS knows of Lancel's confession.

Lancel told previous HS everything - and that's the reason Cersei had jim killed in his sleep. It's unkown whether new HS knows of Lancel's confession.

Cersei assumes that he knows, so she includes it in her confession to him.

Just a silly wee question. Can't be bothered looking for it and I'm too tired to remember properly but...

Who killed Ser Hugh of the Vale in AGOT? I mean I know it was the mountain but who meant for him to die and why?

Feel so silly asking this but my heads all over the place!

Just a silly wee question. Can't be bothered looking for it and I'm too tired to remember properly but...

Who killed Ser Hugh of the Vale in AGOT? I mean I know it was the mountain but who meant for him to die and why?

Feel so silly asking this but my heads all over the place!

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Asshai.com_Interview_in_Barcelona/

Q: At the end of A Storm of Swords we learned that Jon Arryn was poisoned by Lysa at the instigation of Littlefinger, but who ordered the death of Ser Hugh of the Vale? Cersei? Littlefinger?

A: It could very well have been either of the two, that's for you to decide. But, it could also just have been a Gregor thing. He's a murderous brute, and really needs no reason to kill someone.

Archived