Jon Snow's shadow.

three-eyed monkey

Quote:

Such shadows as I bring forth here will be terrible, and no creature of the dark will stand before them.

It seems that Mel wants more babies, and she might have settled on Jon as a potential father. But with the mighty Renly already taken care of and the true enemy now in her fiery sights, who will the target be?

Quote:

The wooden man she had glimpsed, though, and the boy with the wolf's face... they were his [the Great Other's] servants, surely... his champions, as Stannis was hers.

A hint perhaps? Will Mel succeed in getting Jon's seed? And if she does, will Bloodraven and/or Bran be the target?

I think she might have taken Mances seed before he went on hsi mission. She had him in her clutches for a good while. its possible. Idk if shadowbabies grow like normal babies or is it something mel can access whenever she wants if shes had sex with a king but has to refuel after each baby. Im hoping in the World of Ice and Fire theres more description on the religions in Planetos.

Mel believed Stannis to be AA reborn, one Shadow Baby certainly took its toll on him. Not sure whether the 'shadows' she mentions will require a mans 'seed'. We still have no idea what the future will bring and what magic she is capable of.

The wooden man she had glimpsed, though, and the boy with the wolf's face... they were his [the Great Other's] servants, surely... his champions, as Stannis was hers

I think Mellisandre has misinterpreted this vision. I believe she is seeing visions of BR and Bran as both people will have an important impact on Jons life in the future, Jon of course being either AAR/tPtwP

I always thought Jons shadow was Ghost.

I think she might have taken Mances seed before he went on hsi mission. She had him in her clutches for a good while. its possible. Idk if shadowbabies grow like normal babies or is it something mel can access whenever she wants if shes had sex with a king but has to refuel after each baby. Im hoping in the World of Ice and Fire theres more description on the religions in Planetos.

Yeah, I've considered Mance being a father too. There's that line where he's talking about the slave ruby he wears and how he feels it a night, soft as a kiss, soft as her kiss. Hmmmm.

But Mel seems to be going to a lot of trouble to win Jon over, though he's been keeping his distance, wisely, even in her opinion. However, I don't think Jon is dead, and while he might spend some time in Ghost, I can see him returning to his recovering body and being "cared for" by Mel. And we know what happened when Robb was "cared for" by Jeyne at the Crag.

I think Mel is going to birth a shadow at the Wall, one even stronger than the ones she birthed at Storm's End. I don't know, but sending Jon's shadow after Bran sounds plausibly GRRM to me.

@winteristheseason. I agree completely that Mel has misinterpreted the vision of Bran and BR, but that's the point. She sees them as champions of the Great Other. If she does give birth to another shadow assasin, who will the target be?

Doesn't Mel have to be close to the target before she births her shadow baby? If so, Bran and Bloodraven should be safe. Unless the magic in the Wall could give her shadow-babe longe range...

Yeah, this is a good point even though we can't really be sure of the range of a shadow assasin.

Mel was in close proximity to Storm's End and Renly's camp, and she pretty much knew where to find both targets, while she doesn't know where to find Bran. In the case of Renly, his pavilion would have been the obvious place to send the assassin, but the shadow assassin would have to have searched Storm's End for Penrose as she would not have been able to pinpoint his exact location within the castle, so I think the shadow assassin is able to "home-in" on the selected target for want of better terminology. Perhaps the fact that it was Stannis' shadow, someone who knew the castle well, was a factor here. I don't know?

I do recall that Mel told Davos that she needed to be inside the walls of Storm's End to birth the shadow that killed Ser Cortnay because the walls were woven with spells. I imagine that the Wall might prove a similar obstacle. But if she gives birth on the north side of the Wall, which would make sense if she thinks Bran is a servant of the Great Other, and sends the shadow assassin off to find its target, would it succeed? With Jon and Bran connected in some way through wolf dreams, etc., if anyone's shadow has a chance of finding Bran then it might be Jon's.

Mel believed Stannis to be AA reborn, one Shadow Baby certainly took its toll on him. Not sure whether the 'shadows' she mentions will require a mans 'seed'. We still have no idea what the future will bring and what magic she is capable of.

If theres power in the blood of kings, what to say about the sperm of kings.....

Archived