Lines That Give You Chills Everytime

mindchap

In AFFC when Arya said something like that they think they were hunting her but she was hunting them(her enemies)

Anytime a Stark says "Winter Is Coming" Or a Northmen says "The North Remembers"

And the the last words in AGOT "the first time in 300yrs the night came alive with Dragons"

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

"As Daenerys Targaryen rose to her feet, her black hissed, pale smoke venting from its mouth and nostrils. The other two pulled away from her breasts and added their voices to the call, translucent wings unfolding and stirring the air, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons".

The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. "My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter … but never think that means I have forgotten. The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home."

"I am here for Hizdahr," the knight said. "Throw down your steel and stand aside, and no harm will come to you."

Khrazz laughed. "Old man. I will eat your heart." The two men were of a height, but Khrazz was two stone heavier and forty years younger, with pale skin, dead eyes, and a crest of bristly red-black hair that ran from his brow to the base of his neck.

"Then come," said Barristan the Bold.

"Promise me Ned."

"There are no men like me. There is only me."

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."

"He already has a song. He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire."

"I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only snow."

"Ned loves my hair."

Here is one of my favorite lines.

Petyr said that Prince Lewyn had been sorely wounded by the time the tide of battle swept him to his final dance with Lady Forlorn, but added, "That's not a point you'll want to raise with Corbray, though. Those that do are soon given the chance to ask Martell himself the truth of it, down in the halls of hell"

"I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R'hllor shows me only Snow."

FTFY :) That line is a great one for me too.

Others include:

"THE KING IN THE NORTH!", basically the whole of the Greatjon's speech.

"Stannis, Stannis, STANNIS!"

"Vengeance, justice, fire and blood."

Not really a single line, but the prologue in SoS when the third horn sounds.

"Is there gold in the village?" Maybe not so much chills as fist pumping.

There are others, many others, too many to list really.

"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood."

and

"They're down there and we're up here," Jon said, "and so long as we hold the gate they cannot pass. They cannot pass!" -> If this gets put into the show, Kit Harrington will have to channel Ed Harris' delivery from "The Rock".

links? sry but i need facts.

Thank you for letting me know though.

No doubt, I always ask for citations when people post shit on the forum. Link per GRRMs personal livejournal: http://grrm.livejour...thread=17247724

Discussing his new HBO contract:

"Dunk and Egg are being discussed. Robert's Rebellion is part of Ice & Fire, won't be a separate series."

And in response to the question would Robert's Rebellion ever be adapted:

"I think the chances of any sort of film or tv version of Robert's Rebellion are remote.

To tell the truth, I have never understood why there is so much interest in this particular prequel. By the time I finish A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE, you will know everything there is to know about Robert's Rebellion. If I then went on to write a novel, a trilogy, or a screenplay about same, it would be a novel, trilogy, or screenplay utterly without surprise, so the reader would know everything that was going to happen. I'd just be connecting the dots. I don't see the point."

"Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold."

"Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

Archived