How does Margeary's trial end? The High Septon alone decides, Guilty or not?

Lord Damian

Going purely on evidence I think she will be aquitted. Given Osney Kettleblacks confession, the Blue Bards madness and Pycelles death I dont think there is enough evidence to convict her. However there may be forces, specifically Varys, who may conspire to have her convicted thus ending the Lannister/Tyrell alliance and throwing the realm into further disarry opening the door for Aegon/fAegon to take the IT. Whether Marg is executed or not remains to be seen. Maybe she is rescued by Tyrell forces before her execution. This would still serve to end the Lannister/Tyrell alliance as the High Septon could set aside her marriage to Tommen. I've seen some posts saying that Margeary could have Loras or Robert Strong as her champion. This is not possible as Margeary's is not a trial by combat as she has chosen to be tried by 7 judges of the Faith.

I think Varys will somehow infiltrate the judges disguised as a septon. he will convince them to judge her guilty. Which seems likely cuz varys wants chaos and dissention in the ranks of the lannisters. Margaery's execution would drive the Tyrells into Aegon's arms

I think Varys will somehow infiltrate the judges disguised as a septon. he will convince them to judge her guilty. Which seems likely cuz varys wants chaos and dissention in the ranks of the lannisters. Margaery's execution would drive the Tyrells into Aegon's arms

If Varys is involved, I think it will be indirectly... lining up witnesses to say what he wants said instead of directly infiltrating the judges.

• 2 months later...

I don't think the High Sparrow will find Margaery guilty, he is too clever for that. But if he did find her guilty he wouldn't be instantly destroyed by the Tyrells as a lot of people are saying here. I'm sure King's Landing will be crowded with sparrows, Warrior's sons, Poor Fellows and so on when the trials take place, so if the Tyrell army wants to seize the High Septon, there will be a bloodbath. And let's not forget the Tyrell army - as any other army, for that matter - is made up mainly of smallfolk. I'm not sure all of them would obey their lords over the Faith, Hell would break loose.

Archived