The last line of the series (SERIOUS POSTS ONLY PLEASE)

Azor Ahoy!

So, the previous thread like this has been locked or disappeared, so let's start a new thread about the very last line of A Song of Ice and Fire, and as the title says, please post only serious ideas, not stuff like the Facebook-conquering "Hodor".

My idea:

"Lord Rickon opened the letter, read it, then put it down. His face did not smile or frown. All he said was: 'Winter is coming'."

As Bran sat in the quiet Godswood, listening to the wind in the trees and watching ripples in the water; as his father had done before him, he turned to Hodor. "Hodor?", said Hodor. Bran smiled.

As she turned to flee, Sansa slipped on the icy steps of the Iron Throne, the frozen swords biting into her flesh. Cold hands grasped her white throat and lifted her, kicking, into the air. The piercing blue eyes of what had been her brother met hers, fading slowly. Rhaegar's son, Jon Snow, the Night's King, the demon made of ice and snow, opened its tortured mouth and whispered, "Winter has come."

As Bran sat in the quiet Godswood, listening to the wind in the trees and watching ripples in the water; as his father had done before him, he turned to Hodor. "Hodor?", said Hodor. Bran smiled.

This, thank you for this King of the Starks one of the best ways someone has speculated how the final chapter will end, the song should end with Bran.

Last line? No idea :dunno:

But I'm hoping it ends with Bran's PoV, whilst watching the future through the trees :)

He sees Sansa in KL, Rickon in Riverrun, Jon in Winterfell polishing his sword like Ned used to and he watches over Arya wherever she is…

Though I do hope it's an open ending :D; the game never ends and players never die

Archived