Worst Sibling in ASOIAF

The Prince of Ice

Three posts till Sansa was mentioned? Thought we'd at least make it till page 2.

I'd rank Stannis below Robert personally, what with abandoning him after Jon A. died-not including him on the Worst Siblings list but a pretty shitty one still.

In no particular order:

1. Gregor

2. Ramsay

3. Aeron Brightflame

4. Aerys II

5. Euron

6. Aegon the Unworthy

7. Daemon Blackfyre

Honourable mentions: Lysa, Cersei, Tyrion, Jaime, Viserys

that's a lot of targs (maybe we just found another trait of theirs)

you're right, apologies good man, meant no offence :). I'm just a little touchy when it comes to Viserys. He was just misunderstood that's all.

Thanks for the apology, gotta say i give you props for sticking up for Viserys not many people do.

Gotta admit though he wasnt a good brother, who would let an entire khalasar rape their sister just to get a throne back?

Im a bit bias in this situation though cause i grew up in an environment with intense family loyalty.

Thanks for the apology, gotta say i give you props for sticking up for Viserys not many people do.

Gotta admit though he wasnt a good brother, who would let an entire khalasar rape their sister just to get a throne back?

Im a bit bias in this situation though cause i grew up in an environment with intense family loyalty.

I don't think one needs to have intense family loyalty to realize Viserys was an ass to Dany just a sense of morality. :P

I don't think one needs to have intense family loyalty to realize Viserys was an ass to Dany just a sense of morality. :P

Well i didnt mean the Viserys situation entirely, more the sibling situation in general, im a bit bias just because of the way i was raised.

I get what your saying though.

Well i didnt mean the Viserys situation entirely, more the sibling situation in general, im a bit bias just because of the way i was raised.

I get what your saying though.

two sides to every story and he wasn't always like that, he had the wight of a 300 year old dynasty on his shoulders while he was still a child, that does something to you, it changes you http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/a/ad/Edriss_Flight_of_the_Dragoons.jpg

Prince of Ice,

I feel Viserys only said that in the heat of the moment. After numerous unsuccessful meetings with sellsword companies, he had finally found something that(to him) looked concrete, and so he absolutely didn't want anything to go wrong. He was so close he could taste it(conquering Westeros) or so he thought.

The one line that won me over came from Dany, where she recalls how the last joy had gone from him after he had to sell their mother's crown. So this guys entire adult life has been about trying to recapture the past and coupled with his family's long history of mental illness, lead to unfortunate consequences.

Edit: apologies if I do not articulate myself well, english is not my home language.

two sides to every story and he wasn't always like that, he had the wight of a 300 year old dynasty on his shoulders while he was still a child, that does something to you, it changes you http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/a/ad/Edriss_Flight_of_the_Dragoons.jpg

:agree: well put. And before anyone goes and compares him to the Stark siblings, remember that their upbringings were vastly different.

:agree: well put. And before anyone goes and compares him to the Stark siblings, remember that their upbringings were vastly different.

thanks, i try to take that as a rule when looking at any person

Man, all three of the current gen Lannisters? Yeah...on reflection they are all pretty bad...

With Daemon, though, I think Daeron should have just let Daenerys and him get married. Would have made things a lot easier...

He still started a civil war because he couldn't marry the woman he loved.

Prince of Ice,

I feel Viserys only said that in the heat of the moment. After numerous unsuccessful meetings with sellsword companies, he had finally found something that(to him) looked concrete, and so he absolutely didn't want anything to go wrong. He was so close he could taste it(conquering Westeros) or so he thought.

The one line that won me over came from Dany, where she recalls how the last joy had gone from him after he had to sell their mother's crown. So this guys entire adult life has been about trying to recapture the past and coupled with his family's long history of mental illness, lead to unfortunate consequences.

Edit: apologies if I do not articulate myself well, english is not my home language.

You articulated yourself very well for english as a secodary language no worries and i see what your getting at, gotta agree that Viserys problems can be blamed on his upbringing and medical problems from his family.

Yep all they freys can burn in all Seven Hells for all i care, maybe a few can survive to rebuild the riverlands but that House is doomed.

roslin will be spared for the sake of the trout in her belly

Prince of Ice, Mighty Potato

I look forth to that battle :box: I shall defend Lame Lothar, Black Walder & Co. with my life :devil:.

To get back on topic, those who feel Viserys was a terrible sibling, must surely feel Dany was even worse for what she let Drogo do to Viserys. And I won't even mention the fact that she didn't mourn him, at all.

Archived