Long time reader, first time poster here. I figured what better way to introduce myself than to give my $.02 on a couple of popular theories, as well as propose a few new ones I haven’t seen anywhere else. I’ve now read all the books, and I think you’ll find plenty of evidence therein to back me up. I know this can be a harsh crowd, so I’m happy to defend my ideas to all you naysayers and playa haters out there.
1. Tyrion as Targaryen – It’s a pretty common thought that Tyrion is a secret Targaryen. I’ve come around to the idea, but I don’t think it went down like most proponents of this theory suggest. It is possible, after all, for Tyrion to be Tywin’s trueborn son and have Targaryen blood. How? Just like the riddle about the surgeon operating on her own son: Look to the mother. What do we really know about Joanna Lannister? Let’s think about it for a second. Not a whole lot.
2. Lady Stoneheart – This is Catelyn reborn and zombified. Accept it and move on.
3. House of the Undying – Pretty obvious this was all a dream. Next.
4. Rickon the Cannibal – Shaggydog is described as being a feral creature, reflecting the temperament of his master. And where is Rickon right now? All signs point to Cannibal Island AKA Skagos. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already eaten Osha by the time Davos washes up on the shores.
5. Speaking of Davos, I don’t think the real Davos actually survived Wenderly’s, at least not in human form. This is more of a hunch, but I think I see where GRM is taking this storyline.
6. R+L=J. There is no doubt this is correct. But who are R+L? Possibly Renly and Loras.
7. Dondarrion = Targaryen? No one is talking about this.
8. I think Hot Pie still has a role to play. One that may surprise you.
9. Who is Azor Asshai, really? There are a bajillion theories on this one, but only one has ever made sense to me: The Hound. His face was in the fire, and his tears are the salt that was prophecied. Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.
10. We all know two heads of the dragon: Danarys and Aeragon. But who is the elusive third? The following likely names are not being considered: The Hound, Jamie, Brienne, Baric, Sansa, Jorah Mormont, Arya. Personal Favorite? Arya. (How sweet would that be!?) Most likely choice: The Hound. (Azor Asshai Reborn). Outside Shot: Jorah Mormont.