18 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewBaelish

AndrewBaelish

Council Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

So who's watching the premiere of the new show? I'm so happy.

#2 Ser Luke.

Ser Luke.

Council Member

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I will be! Was a pretty big fan of the show myself when it was on /agree.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':agree:' />

#3 AndrewBaelish

AndrewBaelish

Council Member

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

You'll be happy to know, it's just as good. It feels exactly the same.

#4 Stubby

Stubby

The night is dark and full of Social Justice Warriors

• Board Moderators
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Haven't seen anything about this. Same cast etc?

#5 eaglestate

eaglestate

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I watched just to see Lauren Cohan

#6 AndrewBaelish

AndrewBaelish

Council Member

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

Haven't seen anything about this. Same cast etc?

Ryan, Colin, and Wayne are back. Aisha Tyler replaced Drew because he's on Price is Right.

#7 Inigima

Inigima

I want your skulls

• Members
  • 22,547 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Had no idea this was happening. Will have to see about watching it, always liked the old ones.

#8 Independent George

Independent George

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Whoah - talk about marketing fail. I loved this show, and had no idea it was back!

Ryan, Colin, and Wayne are back. Aisha Tyler replaced Drew because he's on Price is Right.

Does she go "Noooooooooooooope!" Instead of buzzing?

Edited by Independent George, 17 July 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#9 Lord Tyrion

Lord Tyrion

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Didn't know it was happening last night either until I read it online.

Thank goodness.

#10 Fez

Fez

We the dancer

• Members
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

Wow, I had absolutely no idea this was coming back. The ratings for yesterday are going to be one person lower than they should've been.

#11 Guy Kilmore

Guy Kilmore

Social Justice Head Cold

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Ditto that for me. ETA: Here is where the first two episodes can be seen, basically from the CW website: http://www.cwtv.com/...27-3527fab34439 I know what I will be doing tonight

Edited by Guy Kilmore, 17 July 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#12 Black Wolf Smith

Black Wolf Smith

Heretical Harlequin

• Members
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

I happen to catch a few moments of it. I don't think that it was good as either of the older shows. The Brit show w/ Clive was the best.

#13 Inigima

Inigima

I want your skulls

• Members
  • 22,547 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Ahahaha. I just finished watching the first episode on their website. Still love it.

Everyone is great. What I love most is the level of commitment, from Ryan Stiles especially. The mark of great improv. Watching Ryan clutching the shoulders of Wayne-as-toboggan to lean into the imaginary curves really exemplifies the art form.

Edited by Inigima, 19 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#14 Fez

Fez

We the dancer

• Members
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

I happen to catch a few moments of it. I don't think that it was good as either of the older shows. The Brit show w/ Clive was the best.

The biggest point the UK version has in its favor was the much wider selection of games. They didn't always work out, but that's fine, and it kept things fresher. On the other hand, Wayne, Colin, and Ryan became absolute masters at the games the first US version consistently used and were always just insanely hilarious. I saw the first two episodes of the new US version, and I think its pretty much the same as the first US version, so, still very funny. The only thing I don't like that much is the tie-in to the celebrity guests; making the improv with them be about the Walking Dead and then Glee. Also the fourth performers really doesn't get to do much; I think the celebrity guests get more screentime. But, Aisha Tyler is already a better host than Drew Carey was.

All said, I think I like the UK version the most, but only barely.

#15 Guy Kilmore

Guy Kilmore

Social Justice Head Cold

• Members
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

The biggest point the UK version has in its favor was the much wider selection of games. They didn't always work out, but that's fine, and it kept things fresher. On the other hand, Wayne, Colin, and Ryan became absolute masters at the games the first US version consistently used and were always just insanely hilarious. I saw the first two episodes of the new US version, and I think its pretty much the same as the first US version, so, still very funny. The only thing I don't like that much is the tie-in to the celebrity guests; making the improv with them be about the Walking Dead and then Glee. Also the fourth performers really doesn't get to do much; I think the celebrity guests get more screentime. But, Aisha Tyler is already a better host than Drew Carey was.

Pretty much where I am at word for word. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves and were laughing our butts off. One thing that was funny was seeing Wayne being a little star struck with someone from Glee.

#16 AndrewBaelish

AndrewBaelish

Council Member

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

I loved the new green screen game. That had me in hysterics.

#17 drawkcabi

drawkcabi

lost in the past

• Members
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Isn't there/wasn't there a new UK version of the show hosted by Colin Mochrie?

Also, I think it was funny when they were ribbing Ryan about being an old guy, between him, Colin, and Wayne, Ryan looks as if he hasn't aged since the previous show(s) where the other two have definitely aged.

Aisha Tyler is a great choice for host, It's good summer programming, but if I miss it, I don't feel like I missed anything important. It's always the same for the most part. If something else is on I'll always choose that over "whose line"

#18 Black Wolf Smith

Black Wolf Smith

Heretical Harlequin

• Members
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

The think I like the most about the UK show was that they did not have the same 3 guys ever ep. While Ryan, Colin, Proops and Wayne (just a few) were all on there, they rotated people all the time. I like having different favors with different cast members more.

Edited by Black Wolf Smith, 20 July 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#19 Lord O' Bones

Lord O' Bones

Kicking it otter school again

• Members
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

Loved the new episodes, though I saw them on the web.

I will likely never consider buying a Prius or Gatorade ever again.

Reply to this topic