Mark Gatiss Cast

courtjezteruk

I don't know why people are so set on Mace, is he supposed to play a large role in the next season or something? I doubt they even announce who is cast as Mace, he basically serves as a judge during the trial. And even if he does why make it a "secret" who he's cast as?

My bet is on Bloodraven, since Bran is clearly going to reach him much sooner than in the books.

I don't think it can be Mace. He's too skinny, yes, but I mainly feel this way because they're trying to keep it a secret. They had no problems with revealing the casting of Oberyn Martell.

I tend to think he might be the kindly man. The last time they went with the anonymous casting, it turned out to be Ramsay Snow, who was intentionally mysterious (like the kindly man). Bloodraven isn't out of the question either.

I've been recommending him to play the High Sparrow for a while. Perhaps we see him preaching on a streetcorner this season and he gets promoted to High Septon in season 5?

I can see this. Ser Arys is a possibility as well, but I still wouldn't get the secrecy of it.

Very exciting, he's a great actor.

As for who he'll play, I don't see him as Mace. He's done comedy, but, unless they're changing the character around a lot, he just doesn't seem like Mace. There's not enough bumpkin to him. My first guess was a re-cast Bowen Marsh, but I can't see why they wouldn't just reveal that (unless its coming at Comic-Con), so I think the guesses of either the Kindly Man or Bloodraven are more spot-on.

High Septon is an interesting guess as well, but I can't see that being much of a role before Season 5. And the show has thus far shown a major aversion to casting major roles before their big season.

I've been recommending him to play the High Sparrow for a while. Perhaps we see him preaching on a streetcorner this season and he gets promoted to High Septon in season 5?

You beat me to it. My gut reaction to Mark Gatiss' being cast was: He could play a religious figure, one of the sparrows, the future High Septon. I think he could pull that off. Considering the continued travel of Arya and the Hound through the Riverlands, they may very well meet him in the ruins of a monastery, or preaching to the poor. At least that's something I'd like to see.

I would guess Mace, but then why would they keep that casting under wraps? They announced Oberyn so why wouldn't they announce Mace? He has to be playing somebody who is coming in a bit earlier than they did in the books or a character who's true identity won't be revealed until we're reasonably far into the season ... like they did with Ramsay. But who would that be?

If he's one of the Greyjoys that would make sense, as they aren't really introduced until Feast. He's definitely more likely to be Euron than Victarion. Not Damphair. He's not Dornish. I'm trying to run through all of the characters. I don't think he'll be playing Mace. It's odd not to reveal that if he were. Bloodraven maybe. Not Coldhands, what's the point? Not Bowen, we already have a Bowen. Arys Oakheart? The High Sparrow?

Hmm I don't know. I'm delightfully baffled.

Archived