Mark Gatiss Cast

courtjezteruk

What I've been thinking all along.

I can really see them writing a scene with Aeron and Balon at the beginning of the season 4 : a dialogue scene about the Iron Island religion, thus explaining the duality between Storm God and Drowned God (which would be a perfect window to introduce who the Damphair is), maybe finishing this scene with Balon dying and Aeron, panicked spotting the Silence on the horizon.

My main interrogation, if they do so, would be : "will they cast Euron for season 4 ?". It can be an interesting arc to expand on 3/4 episodes no more : showing Aeron distrusts, even hate Euron, Euron crowning himself, Aeron gathering his faithful followers and calling for a Kingsmoot. It would introduce both Aeron and Euron and lay ground and excitation for the Kingsmoot in season 5.KM could open the season with a nice blast (I always loved this scene, even if I'm in the minority here), and developping a S5 arc with the Kingsmoot, the first victories of Euron (Shield Island), thus proving Euron is a badass and is to be feared and ending S5 with Victarion sailing away to Slaver's Bay.

Well I was thinking more like they give Euron for season 4 the Stannis for season 1 treatment. He's mentioned but not seen.

Did he? Well in any case it's the same problem. Moon Boy could declare the KM unlawful. It doesn't mean anyone would listen to him. Theon is in no position to get any support from anybody. Theoretically Asha could use Theon to declare the KM unlawful and then start her own rebellion, but in that case she could easily just start a rebellion without any declarations of unlawfulness.

No, Moon Boy could not declare the Kingsmoot unlawful. I'll repeat: the only time in history the decision made at a Kingsmoot was reversed was when one of the lawful heirs had not been included, making it unlawful and allowing a lawful rebellion to take place. Religion is a huge part of Ironborn culture, and the Kingsmoot is sacred.

I haven't read it, but if you're referring to any family trees I don't think it's a guarantee. IIRC Blackfish wasn't in the family trees prior to being cast. However I can see Victarion being merged depending on how TWOW goes down. There are theories I'm sure you've heard that Euron is on Vic's fleet disguised as Moqorro or the Dusky Woman. If that is the case D+D may do away with any duplicity and just have Euron go to Meereen himself. Meanwhile Aeron can stay at home.

You're right that it doesn't necessarily prove anything... But D&D and Cogman have continuously said that they will be significantly reducing the number of new characters introduced (which doesn't really make sense to me... IMO a lot of the characters they introduced last season were far more expendable than the characters we meet in AFfC and ADwD). And considering that they probably wouldn't do both characters justice anyway, merging them (or having Euron take Victarion's role) actually makes sense. Unlike a lot of readers, I consider Aeron far more important to the plot than Victarion.

No, Moon Boy could not declare the Kingsmoot unlawful. I'll repeat: the only time in history the decision made at a Kingsmoot was reversed was when one of the lawful heirs had not been included, making it unlawful and allowing a lawful rebellion to take place. Religion is a huge part of Ironborn culture, and the Kingsmoot is sacred.

For the record, I was in fact being a tad sarcastic regarding Moonboy. The point is that Theon declaring the KM unlawful really wouldn't cause the Ironborn to start rioting against Euron because no one would want to follow him. I think you're overestimating the importance of religion in Ironborn culture. Up until Balon's first rebellion the Faith was fairly accepted in the Isles. It was only after that when the sept was burnt down that people were soured to it a bit, and didn't bother to rebuild the sept. What is important to the Ironborn is preserving their culture, but being a manly, reaving pirate is more integral to that than being a zealot of the Drowned God. And as Theon has never been that (and doesn't even worship the Drowned God for that matter) no one will follow him.

And in any case, if in the books the rebellion is "lawful" whilst in the show it's unlawful, I'll consider that a small change.

You're right that it doesn't necessarily prove anything... But D&D and Cogman have continuously said that they will be significantly reducing the number of new characters introduced (which doesn't really make sense to me... IMO a lot of the characters they introduced last season were far more expendable than the characters we meet in AFfC and ADwD). And considering that they probably wouldn't do both characters justice anyway, merging them (or having Euron take Victarion's role) actually makes sense. Unlike a lot of readers, I consider Aeron far more important to the plot than Victarion.

Yeah, I agree with you here.

HAs anyone mentioned Jinglebell as a possibility. He is almost certainly not with KL crew or Dany crew and even the wall seems unlikely to be done shooting anything that would need him. That leaves Stannis crew, Greyjoy crew and Bran crew. Cogman left opened the possibility that we still might see jinglebell.

Jinglebell is cold dead at this point in the books. You probably mean Patchface, don't you?

It's very likely, and Aeron will probably have a much bigger part to play in TWOW than Vic, but the very prospect of Victarion getting cut makes me want to hang myself. We will never see him kill 10 men at once or promise to sail the Dothraki Sea :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Come on, Magnar is a leader of a wildling tribe. In order to become one you have to be a real badass. And MG doesn't look strong enough to even lift a sword or spear, let alone climb the Wall. I always imagined Styr as a huge guy, like the Hound.

Now that I've studied his physique, he does seem too delicate to be the Magnar. I agree that the Magnar has to be a big guy.

Come on, Magnar is a leader of a wildling tribe. In order to become one you have to be a real badass. And MG doesn't look strong enough to even lift a sword or spear, let alone climb the Wall. I always imagined Styr as a huge guy, like the Hound.

Orell, skinchanger and wildling savage, was played by Gareth Keenan. I know he was in the TAs 'n that but even so...

He's IMHO a bit too tall and stately to be patchface. Patchface needs to be small, nervous and blubbery.

If they want to deviate from the book descriptions, I guess a "christopher lee" edition of Patchface would be interesting, Lee did a moving job of a similar character as the sinister fool character of Lord Summerisle in the Wicker Man.

Of course, Gatiss is a pretty good actor, he might have it in him to pull Patchface off - but my intuition is that you should cast close to the book.

I'm going to guess Bloodraven as well. They would be easy scenes to shoot, could be done entirely on set, & don't require many cast members. & he implied that he would be using a Northern Irish accent: that strongly suggests a character from the North.

Don't understand why anybody would think he's Mace, considering they shoot the KL scenes in Croatia, not Northern Ireland. I think he's either Bloodraven or Merrett Frey.

They shoot the KL location scenes in Croatia. All of the interiors are filmed in Northern Ireland. If Mace doesn't appear outside, only inside, he would not have needed to have gone to Croatia.

However, I think the fact that he filmed all of his scenes for the season in just 8-9 days counts against him being Mace, who probably shows up in Episode 1 and hangs around for the whole season. Even if he doesn't have many scenes overall, they're spread across the whole season.

Very minor speculative spoiler:

And the Joff/Margaery wedding will probably take a week or so to film by itself. It's a big event with lots of characters involved.

One thing I wonder is if the PW won't be a single episode thing like BW. People wouldn't be expecting it plus unlike the RW it seem like it would be hard to cram it into a half hours worth of material and I'm skeptical that they would spread the events aof a single day into multiple episodes.

They shoot the KL location scenes in Croatia. All of the interiors are filmed in Northern Ireland. If Mace doesn't appear outside, only inside, he would not have needed to have gone to Croatia.

However, I think the fact that he filmed all of his scenes for the season in just 8-9 days counts against him being Mace, who probably shows up in Episode 1 and hangs around for the whole season. Even if he doesn't have many scenes overall, they're spread across the whole season.

Very minor speculative spoiler:

And the Joff/Margaery wedding will probably take a week or so to film by itself. It's a big event with lots of characters involved.

Cheers mate, I didn't know that.

I hope the PW has entire episode dedicated to it. It's worthy enough, even if it's mostly Tyrion eating and getting drunk. :)

The longer they take to announce who he is the less inclined i am to believe he is Mace Tyrell. Why would they want to keep that casting that character a secret, it makes no sense. So it is likely to be someone whose story has been moved up or someone they don't want the unsullied viewers googling and spoiling. Coldhands would be a good call now, in my opinion or BloodRaven. I have said before he is a good fit for Jon Connington, but that would be a very early introduction.

New locations are causing some to speculate they will be used for the kingsmoot.http://winteriscomin...cations-rumored

Something tells me that D+D aren't going to base filming locations on the name. Iceland is a possible indication that the Iron Islands are still in however this doesn't necessarily mean the Kingsmoot. And equally Iceland might not mean the Iron Isles. One of those locations will almost certainly be Mance's camp, and the last place sounds like we might get a glimpse of Thenn.

In any case I think it'd be a mistake to have the Kingsmoot without Asha.

Personally, I still think it could be the High Sparrow with an expanded role. We could see him start in the North (the North remembers) as an itinerant preacher and make his way to KL by the end of S4. Cersei could have Tyrion's High Septon killed earlier, setting up his selection for the last episode. And hence the secrecy on his role.

However, Damphair's a great choice for Mark Gatiss, too. I really think Bloodraven is too far off for Season 4. But Jaime showed up before the PW in the series, so anything's possible.

Heck, have you seen his Joan Crawford? Maybe Lysa Arryn has been recast! ;-)

Re: Kingsmoot - I see that happening second half of S4. They've got something planned for Yara in the first part of the season. I'm thinking a confrontation between her and Ramsey at the very least. And then she gets called back for the Kingsmoot. And the way Stannis is set to go to the Wall now, I'm thinking he's going to be hands-on for the Kingsmoot now.

Heh. Maybe Balon dies in Episode 4 (my guess for the PW) early on. Stannis gets word on his fiber optic raven network and the "2 is not 3" line still makes it in. And then the pigeon pie is served.

Archived