Mark Gatiss Cast

courtjezteruk

I think that it is plausible that he could play either a Greyjoy uncle or Merrett Frey. (I still like him for Randyll Tarly)

But, the question I have is why they would keep the Greyjoy uncle under wraps? On the other hand, why would they give Merrett Frey to a big name actor when they just need someone to say a few lines, wiggle, and die?

I hope he isn't Bloodraven, but at this point I dk. It seems the most likely

This how I think they'll explain the backstory, not flashbacks per se, but extended dream sequences during Bran's training.

If they're planning something along these lines, it could explain the secrecy about Gatiss's role...

I also agree that Merett Frey might be too small a role for him. I can even see them cutting the scene and revealing Lady Stonehart at a different time...

If they're planning something along these lines, it could explain the secrecy about Gatiss's role...

I think they're accelerating Brans storyline, partly so they don't have cope with two Stark boys wandering around in the wilderness for too long, but also to cope with Isaacs increasing size, it'll be easier to cover up when they get a prosthetic tree on him. That's why we'll see Bloodraven so early in the story and why Bran's training will be extended.

Maybe they put hair on Randyll, like Syrio?

Nah, I think Ser Luke is unfortunately right.

For all the people who are certain he is M. Frey, why? I personally think that is a lot less likely than BR because they wouldn't pick a big name actor for a guy whose only role is to call Stoneheart a bitch and writhe in a noose until he dies. We won't get any of the internal monologue from his epilogue, and they will have to cut his dialogue back a bit for time's sake. I don't see why a guy like Gatiss, who is a moderately successful and recognized actor, would take a tiny role like that. But, maybe I am missing something.

Nah, I think Ser Luke is unfortunately right.

For all the people who are certain he is M. Frey, why? I personally think that is a lot less likely than BR because they wouldn't pick a big name actor for a guy whose only role is to call Stoneheart a bitch and writhe in a noose until he dies. We won't get any of the internal monologue from his epilogue, and they will have to cut his dialogue back a bit for time's sake. I don't see why a guy like Gatiss, who is a moderately successful and recognized actor, would take a tiny role like that. But, maybe I am missing something.

Well, he's not that big a name really and it may just be a case of him telling his agent to get him a cameo role because he's so keen on the show. Lots of established British actors have been gagging to get involved.

I think he has a point about Merrett Frey though, I wouldn't surprised if they cut his character and used one of the established Freys in the Lady Stoneheart scene. It'll be somebody the audience can instantly connect with and have a greater sense of satisfaction when he is hanged.

^ none of the freys are rememberable at all... they all look exactly the same...

The skullcaps are unforgettable. Seriously though the guy who slit Catelyn's throat would probably be recognized, I've seen that set photo all over the place. I mean compared to introducing a new character who then needs exposition to explain that he's a Frey who may or may not have been involved in the Red Wedding. It would take too much time and potentially be awkward, when they can easily just use somebody who was already seen at the Red Wedding.

The skullcaps are unforgettable. Seriously though the guy who slit Catelyn's throat would probably be recognized, I've seen that set photo all over the place. I mean compared to introducing a new character who then needs exposition to explain that he's a Frey who may or may not have been involved in the Red Wedding. It would take too much time and potentially be awkward, when they can easily just use somebody who was already seen at the Red Wedding.

I agree it would make more sense to use a character viewers have already seen and can connect with the Red Wedding than cast someone new just to be hanged. If I recall correct wasn't the one killing Catelyn the same that killed Talisa?

As for Gatiss' role my money is on Bloodraven, because the hair is mentioned and as Bloodraven he would have to wear a white wig.

No offense but why do so many people think it will be Merrett Frey? The only point of his existence is to expose un-Cat for the first time. I've heard people talking about Aeron not being in the show and he is FAR more important than Merrett Frey to the storyline. And to assign such a notable actor to such an insignificant character? I just don't get it...

Archived