The idiot named Syrio Forel

GGK1986

Sansa? Im confused do you mean Ser Meryn?

He or she said that Syrio took the face of ser Meryn and stayed in KL for 4 more books. Meryn hit Sansa. Syrio would not have done that, therefore sweeping that crackpot theory off the table, imo

He or she said that Syrio took the face of ser Meryn and stayed in KL for 4 more books. Meryn hit Sansa. Syrio would not have done that, therefore sweeping that crackpot theory off the table, imo

Yea that makes sense unless he has some underlying FM motive to make him hit Sansa but i highly doubt it, hes dead.

We don't even know if he's dead

there are rumors he is alive, that he's Jaqen and etc, I just can't see him as Jaqen (I believed he was, for sometime), Syrio is described as small and Jaqen was tall

but Syrio could have fled the Red Keep, Meryn Trant wouldn't mention him, he was not important.

I won't be surprise if he pops up in Braavos

We don't even know if he's dead

there are rumors he is alive, that he's Jaqen and etc, I just can't see him as Jaqen (I believed he was, for sometime), Syrio is described as small and Jaqen was tall

but Syrio could have fled the Red Keep, Meryn Trant wouldn't mention him, he was not important.

I won't be surprise if he pops up in Braavos

And with rumors you mean wishfull thinking?

That's really not true.. there are many hints and odd references that could point to Syrio's survival. There are parallels showing what other characters do that he might have been able to accomplish even better, if he was a FM. But though this kind of thing is accepted as reasonable possibility and worth considering on other topics on these forums .. not so with Syrio.

Since we're bound to learn more of what's up with Braavos and the FM in the coming books ..what they're up to and what they have been up to.. I think it's best to keep an open mind.

The FM who was apparently Jaqen is still active in the story, and there are many ambiguities surrounding his actions as Jaqen ,while his role in the Oldtown is not yet fully revealed. Too soon to judge.

I think this is partly due to the fact that Syrio's part was written so long ago , back when GRRM thought he was writing a trilogy. Now we're up to five books with two to go and he's obviously planned on revealing the nature of the FM through the experiences and observations of characters who aren't there yet.

I'm sure Syrio is dead. First of all, people make the mistake believing Trant to be incompetent. They must be confusing him with Boros Blount, but there is no indication that Trant is bad. Maybe people confuse lack of honor with lack of talent.

Also, we dont know if Syrio picked up a sword or not. Even if he did though, Trant still has the advantage, because he has armor. And if Syrio escapes without killing Trant, well, that completely undermines his character, since he was biding time for Arya to escape, and he himself escaping only allows Trant to look for her.

Did I say that? Of course you are.

It reflects on you though. So perhaps instead of proclaiming an experienced and highly skilled fighter 'an idiot', you might first think that maybe, just maybe, your understanding of the situation is not as comprehensive as you thought?

Its not you personally though, its a wide trend I'm commenting on.

And maybe I'm guilty myslf. I frequently call Brandon Stark an idiot (though at least I have textual backing in that one from Hoster Tully).

:laugh: I don't think any reasonable person would dispute the essential truth of your statement that Brandon Stark was an idiot.

excuse me ?

now i'm not entitled to an opinion ?

First just because you "entitled" to an opinion doesn't mean all opinions are equal. Second that same entitlement that lets u have an opion gives everyone the same right to ridcual your opion that's how rights work either everyone has them or no one does

I think he's dead. I think his purpose was to distract Trant long enough to give Arya a head start on her escape. If he tried to escape with her it would have been easier for the GCs to find them. Arya is just a kid they barely paid attention to, most don't even know her face (as seen when she gets lost outside the castle and has to convince them to lether back in). Most likely he wanted to distract Trant from being able to call for more backup. He'd already taken out the soldiers currently with Trant. If he had just been able to escape with Arya it could have given Trant more of a head start to call for reinforcements to find them.

I don't think he was stupid. Taking his eyes off Trant would have been stupid since he knows to see with his eyes. Also, I agree that he probably didn't have a lot of experience with a long sword. Braavosis uses the rapier swords for more freedom of motion. And if he truly was a FM, they aren't usually trained in arms too much from what we've seen. It may be odd that one is as competent with a rapier sword as Syrio was.

Now if he somehow survived, my money is on the kindly man as his new face... makes more sense than Jaquen to me as the KM is a teaching her just like Syrio taught her.

Now if he somehow survived, my money is on the kindly man as his new face... makes more sense than Jaquen to me as the KM is a teaching her just like Syrio taught her.

Just... no. They're totally different characters. Syrio was awesome, the Kindly Man is kind of a bitch and annoying with all his unexplained shady business. It would be very lame for him to come out and say: "Hey Arya, remember me? Yeah, I'm into weird stuff now."

Just... no. They're totally different characters. Syrio was awesome, the Kindly Man is kind of a bitch and annoying with all his unexplained shady business. It would be very lame for him to come out and say: "Hey Arya, remember me? Yeah, I'm into weird stuff now."

yes, that's why he doesn't tell her it's him!!

See, I don't think he's alive at all, but I think KM would make more sense to me than Jaquen. Syrio was a part of Arya's development, and while Jaquen was as well, not nearly as much as KM or Syrio.

Only read half this thread so I'm not sure if it's been said but I think his only concern was stalling so Arya would live. He is not concerned of dying cause he is a FM, maybe even Joqen. There's some fodder for you theory bashers at least, you're welcome.

Archived