Confessions (reborn!) 5.0

RenlyIsNotRight

I don't want Jon to be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. It's such a boring cliche that the poor downtrodden guy ultimately becomes the greatest hero ever and finds out he's special. I want everyone to think Jon is Jesus, only to have it turn out that he's just an ordinary joe.

This...this actually makes a lot of sense. I'm on board with this theory now. It's entirely possible that if the First Men and COTF had greenseeing abilities, the Others also had some form of warging talent.

Although I would be disappointed if the Others can't cross the Wall. I had a crackpot theory that the Others would somehow cross the Wall very early into TWOW and annihilate both sides in the Battle of Winterfell. It probably won't work from a geographical perspective, though.

I think the Others will cross the Wall, but the reason is because of the NW. I think the Black Gate gives us an insight on why the Others cant cross. Theres some sort of magical ward there that ties in with the NW oaths. Hence why Sam could pass but Coldhands and the others couldnt open that gate. But it really only seems to keep out the Others. The wildlings can climb the Wall. They can get around the wards. But since the Wall seemed to be erected to keep out the Others particularly and the NW's founding seemed to revolve around that as well, i think they cant cross unless the NW dissolves. Perhaps thats what the Horn of Joramun does. It sends the Wall "crashing down" by dispelling the ward. But as things look, the Horn may not be needed due to the NW crumbling as it is.

I confess I kind of hate Davos.

:tantrum: No one is allowed to hate Davos! :commie: D:<

hehehe

I confess Dany would have been one of my favorite characters if she had died in the pyre at the end of AGOT.

I confess I don't even bother to read the names of most Essosi (?) characters, just the nickname or their first letters of the name.

I confess I would like if GRRM let someone else writte the sex scenes, he's a great writter, but I find every sex scene werid and/or funny

:) That was what i was going for!

I also confess that i dont like Barristan especially much... :blushing:

I don't either. Criticizing Ser Barry the Not so Bold is a hobby of mine.

I also confess that I want Genna to die for wanting the same done to Edmure.

I confess I feel extreme amount of pity and sympathy for Lysa and Robin that I feel offended when individuals talk about how much they hate them.

I confess that despite hating what he did to poor Lysa, that I still love Hoster and want to learn more about him as an individual.

I don't either. Criticizing Ser Barry the Not so Bold is a hobby of mine.

I find Barristan a blithering yes-man. He provides us with some interesting insight, but what it all boils down to is "My King/Queen Right or Wrong" and that gets annoying. Even Davos opposes things Stannis posits.

I confess I feel extreme amount of pity and sympathy for Lysa and Robin that I feel offended when individuals talk about how much they hate them.

I confess that despite hating what he did to poor Lysa, that I still love Hoster and want to learn more about him as an individual.

I confess that I want to see Littlefinger dropkick Robin out the Moon Door :devil:

I do pity Lysa, but there comes a point where you have to start taking responsibility for your own actions. Yes, she was manipulated by LF, but you have to be incredibly cold and spiteful to sit there and do nothing even after your brother and sister have been butchered at the RW, especially since the only Tully that truly wronged her was Hoster. Lysa does read like something out of a Greek tragedy, I must admit though.

Speaking of which, Hoster seemed like a douche.

I loved Maester Hodor threads. And I have a soft spot for Black Hawk ones.

MaesterHodor keeps coming back, but sadly keeps getting banned. He was AzorHodor, and then Lord Jaime, but to no avail :crying:

I confess that I look forward to The Black Hawk's threads more than any I do for any poster on this forum.

I confess that I don't demand any vengeance on the Freys from the hands of anyone but Lady Stoneheart. And the only reason she is the exception is because Catelyns death at the RW was the only one that really affected me.

I confess that during rereads that I find Arya's AGOT chapters to be as if not more annoying then Sansa's chapters. Simply, as it feels like George is repeatedly poking me in the ribs and asking me if I love Arya yet all through her chapters.

I confess that when people praise Asha as being extremely intelligent and some badass character that I feel like I am missing something, in how she reads as a completely mediocre character whose only aspect that I care about is the actions going on around her and not her as an individual.

I confess that the possibility of Sansa/Tyrion being an end game absolutely depresses me and more then anything I hope that doesn't occur.

I confess that when people praise Asha as being extremely intelligent and some badass character that I feel like I am missing something, in how she reads as a completely mediocre character whose only aspect that I care about is the actions going on around her and not her as an individual.

I used to like Asha, but I'm becoming a bit more lukewarm towards her. She just falls a bit flat, in all honesty. At times she reads like some neckbeard's wet dream of what an empowered badass Xena-Westeros-crossover chick should be like, which I think is pretty damn flawed. There are many movies with leading action heroines, but they're written in a way so that they have no conceivable flaws, which is just a product of poor writing that attempts to create strong female characters, but sacrifices realism in doing so. Not saying Asha fits this mold, but there are a couple of times where I felt this way about her.

I confess I don't understand davos hate. Is it just to be hip and edgy?

I guess it's the same sort of ironic sentiments like Darkstar love.

I confess that I don't find Sansa nearly interesting or complex enough to warrant 20 reread threads, but I'm too lazy to start one of my own for characters that I like, so I'll just stick to my snarky bitching.

I confess that I don't get the Aegon hate - is the table-flipping really that heinous?

I used to like Asha, but I'm becoming a bit more lukewarm towards her. She just falls a bit flat, in all honesty. At times she reads like some neckbeard's wet dream of what an empowered badass Xena-Westeros-crossover chick should be like, which I think is pretty damn flawed. There are many movies with leading action heroines, but they're written in a way so that they have no conceivable flaws, which is just a product of poor writing that attempts to create strong female characters, but sacrifices realism in doing so. Not saying Asha fits this mold, but there are a couple of times where I felt this way about her.

That is some of my major problems with her character, in fact I think it would have been better if she had been more fully Ironborn(read an asshole) and thus villainous rather then having her just come of like some chaotic good/neutral rogue. Especially, seeing how the series lacks good female villains besides Cersei.

I confess that I find George's hat and suspender combo particularly awesome and I wish that I could meet him just so I could tell him that.

Archived