Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

AndrewBaelish

Andy Serkis, apparently

Apparently? That's how much this poor guy has suffered. He's awesome, has done so much Motion Capture stuff, but no one knows who he is because he always looks like an ape/a Big ape/a meth addicted Hobbit. Also he was involved in helping with the Hulk stuff, so that might be even better than before.

Also when I linked an 'analysis' earlier it turns I linked the wrong page, so here's the one I meant http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-trailer-spoilers/

Funny - my reply on her powers never posted but I also used the phrase "do whatever the writers want her to do". I think I threw in deus ex machina and convenient/cheap retcons. She is the superboy punch of Marvel.

They definitely need to give her an easier to understand (and less of a blank slate for creators) in the film. Maybe "hex" energy which she can use to move objects/hit things with - a bit like how the invisible woman's invisible shields would look like telekinesis to everyone else.

Elizabeth Olsen had this great quote, which I am only paraphrasing. She said Wanda looks at things in "3D," which hinted at some type of hyper awareness of everything. I like the idea that Wanda acts crazy because she's seeing everything in probabilities -- she can see the past/present/future all at once, kind of.

And, in turn, she can manipulate things based on all the ways something can happen. However, the more complicated an outcome, the more difficult -- or less possible -- it is for her to manipulate it. This would keep her contained. The problem with her comic version is that she is not shown to have any ceiling. Writers could solve so many problems with her by simply establishing that she can only bend reality up to a point where a task is just too massive for her.

Maybe that's even too complicated, but I wouldn't want something which is oversimplified. I'd like to see some remnants of what makes her her. I'm afraid they're going to turn her into a Jean Grey knockoff.

As for the final battle, Ultron in a vibranium form (Klaw points to this) could definitely be a credible threat. My main concern is Quicksilver, if they play him right he'll work as part of the team, if he's too powerful, you'll end up like in DoFP, where he could easily blitz the boss, but doesn't for some reason (I know in DoFP he's a kid, but that wouldn't apply here.)

I don't think Joss will paint himself in a corner, like Singer did with DoFP, just based on the way Quicksilver's speed is showcased in the trailer. You can still see Avengers QS while he's running...granted, the scene is slow-mo, but everything else is still moving relatively quickly. In DoFP, Quicksilver's speed, when not during the "scene," was him disappearing and reappearing. It doesn't seem like Avengers QS will move as fast.

Apparently? That's how much this poor guy has suffered. He's awesome, has done so much Motion Capture stuff, but no one knows who he is because he always looks like an ape/a Big ape/a meth addicted Hobbit.

I think it was the beard that threw me off :P

Elizabeth Olsen had this great quote, which I am only paraphrasing. She said Wanda looks at things in "3D," which hinted at some type of hyper awareness of everything. I like the idea that Wanda acts crazy because she's seeing everything in probabilities -- she can see the past/present/future all at once, kind of.

And, in turn, she can manipulate things based on all the ways something can happen. However, the more complicated an outcome, the more difficult -- or less possible -- it is for her to manipulate it. This would keep her contained. The problem with her comic version is that she is not shown to have any ceiling. Writers could solve so many problems with her by simply establishing that she can only bend reality up to a point where a task is just too massive for her.

Maybe that's even too complicated, but I wouldn't want something which is oversimplified. I'd like to see some remnants of what makes her her. I'm afraid they're going to turn her into a Jean Grey knockoff.

I really like the idea of bending probabilities, so long as it's limited in the way you say.

Any chance you recall where that Olsen quote is from?

I really like the idea of bending probabilities, so long as it's limited in the way you say.

Any chance you recall where that Olsen quote is from?

I dug up the articles...

Here is one.

Here is two.

"My favourite thing about Scarlet Witch is, she's incredibly perceptive and she can read through all people and all objects in a way and she has a totally 360 awareness and I love that about her."

I think in the movies they'll avoid the "Scarlet Witch goes mad" storylines by having her train with Dr. Strange

Er... she did train with Doctor Strange in the comics, and she still went mad, so...

I dug up the articles...

Here is one.

Here is two.

"My favourite thing about Scarlet Witch is, she's incredibly perceptive and she can read through all people and all objects in a way and she has a totally 360 awareness and I love that about her."

That sounds like a fun take - I look forward to seeing the visual representation of it. Shame Whedon never wrote the Avengers while he was "slumming it out" as a comic writer.

This is a pretty kickass article about Dr. Strange. A recommended read.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/career-arc-doctor-strange-marvels-uncastable-sorcerer-supreme/

The old artwork is beautiful - I hope they use that kind of stuff as a reference over the more recent depictions of Strange and his world,

I dug up the articles...

Here is one.

Here is two.

Thanks for these, it does seem like SW will be drawing on possible pasts and possible futures to work her magic. Perhaps it starts out like she's simply hexing but then Tony and Banner figure out how her powers actually work which makes her a heavy hitter...

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is that they are all dejected is because Scarlet Witch showed them different visions of the future and it does different things to them, none of it pretty. This is probably what spurs Tony Stark to make Ultron and it goes south...

I like how movie trailers are advertisements, but they've become a spectacle of their own, with millions of views on Youtube. When did that start happening? I remember it wasn't always a thing, but I don't remember it becoming a thing either.

Archived