Who would you like to hold your castle against a Seige

Lord Stunny

Well I was just thinking about Seige of castles and men who can hold the castle best against a Seige... I think Stannis is Boss from what we have read, but Blackfish also seemed capable and so was Courtnay Penrose. Who do you think can best hold out against a seige?

I will name my first five

Stannis

Brynden blackfish Tully

Roose Bolton

Courtnay Penrose

Randyll Tarly

My dream team is Tyrion+somebody with PR skills. He's well enough versed in the traditional methods of war to be effective, but cunning and creative enough to devise and execute nontraditional, effective strategies at need to compensate for weaknesses in his defense. And the somebody with PR skills would be the figurehead, to keep morale and discipline up, since everybody hates Tyrion.

Stannis Baratheon has led the longest siege that we know of within the novels. He and the men that held storms end with him lasted a year.

Any answer that isn't stannis, for this question at least, is wrong.

Stannis Baratheon has led the longest siege that we know of within the novels. He and the men that held storms end with him lasted a year.

How about Stannis with Tyrion advising him and a strong rapport between the two?

I could not agree more. Stannis is not only skilled in warfare etc. but he also has a history when it comes to sieges. His strong, unwavering determination is another factor. He is clearly the best man for the job.

The Blackfish and Stannis. I guess to hold the castle best one would need patience, discipline etc. Of the commanders we know Robert, Tarly and Balon I would think would not be great holding a castle under siege

Archived