Words of Radiance Discussion (Full spoilers for WoK & WoR)

Ded As Ned

http://www.tor.com/b...-michael-whelan

I think I'm more excited by who appears to be Szeth on the back cover (scroll down).

ETA: Thread started as discussion of the cover for Stormlight 2: Words of Radiance.

Full spoilers for Book 1 (The Way of Kings) and the un-released Book 2: Words of Radiance can be found within.

Yeah it's definitely not as visually stunning as the WoK cover, and the colors appear to be much more... bland? But I guess that may be the idea given the scene is another in the Shattered Plains. And Kaladin is in one of Whalen's famous awkward poses that just looks strange to me.

I think having some stormlight steaming off of Kaladin & Szeth would have added to the feel (as opposed to him grabbing what appears to be a barely-infused gemheart on the ground), but what do I know?

ETA: Just noticed Szeth is standing on a pile of bodies... go figure.

Well, that would be embarrassing to have on a shelf.

Hrmmm... when I saw the first picture (what will be the visible portion of the cover) I tend to agree. However, I think I like the entire painting. It is a bit of a step down from WoK however.

Not as good as WoK cover... but it shows that Szeth and Kaladin are almost certainly meeting up (I'm looking forward to that meeting) and that the Shattered Plains aren't nearly done.

Edit: We also have a tentative release date.

I'm thinking Szeth has to teach Kaladin how to use his powers. Who else is he going to learn from? I don't think the first meeting is going to be friendly, however, given

Szeth's final order from Taravingian in WoK

ETA: I also love the ugly-ass Kholin uniform Kal is wearing.

I'm thinking Szeth has to teach Kaladin how to use his powers. Who else is he going to learn from? I don't think the first meeting is going to be friendly, however, given

Szeth's final order from Taravingian in WoK

ETA: I also love the ugly-ass Kholin uniform Kal is wearing.

We have the same theory on this. I mean, who the hell else will teach Kaladin? Some other random, unknown, brand new stormlight user? :P I want to see how their relationship builds up. It will be... interesting.

Just looking through a few pages of this forum, that may be a good idea. I don't want to risk posting theories in other threads about the books, which have no spoiler tags on them, since people who havent read them may look through... It's up to you.

I'd have to go back and do a re-read of WoK before speculating about WoR, but I could be down for that.

I'm about 2/3 through the Abraham book I'm currently reading and have nothing definite queued up to read next. A WoK re-read is just as good as anything.

I'd have to go back and do a re-read of WoK before speculating about WoR, but I could be down for that.

I'm about 2/3 through the Abraham book I'm currently reading and have nothing definite queued up to read next. A WoK re-read is just as good as anything.

I just started a Bakker re-read, but I plan to at least hit the TOR re-read chapter by chapter to refresh me. There's already a WoK thread on the same page here... but perhaps you could change the title of this thread to something like "Words of Radiance Discussion Thread (SPOILERS for Way of Kings)"

Unless that's too wordy...

I just started a Bakker re-read, but I plan to at least hit the TOR re-read chapter by chapter to refresh me. There's already a WoK thread on the same page here... but perhaps you could change the title of this thread to something like "Words of Radiance Discussion Thread (SPOILERS for Way of Kings)"

Unless that's too wordy...

How do I change the thread title? I've wanted to do that before with other threads and couldn't figure it out...

ETA: Found it in the Help forum (obviously)

I don't know how I feel about that. The thing I liked most about the Parshendi was that they was so.... "other." They were just different and shrouded in mystery and that made then really cool.

If you strip that away... I don't know if that's a good thing to do so early in the series.

I don't know how I feel about that. The thing I liked most about the Parshendi was that they was so.... "other." They were just different and shrouded in mystery and that made then really cool.

If you strip that away... I don't know if that's a good thing to do so early in the series.

I feel the same way. They were so "alien" and you lose a bit of that when you actually see through them. Would prefer to continue learning about them from the outside.

I feel the same way. They were so "alien" and you lose a bit of that when you actually see through them. Would prefer to continue learning about them from the outside.

I tend to agree. But I'm betting it will be a one-off chapter in the interludes, and as to how much gets revealed through that could be up to Brandon. It could possibly be one of those things that leave you with more questions than answers, depending on how it is handled.

But if it's a total-reveal-everything-disclosure, I'd be disappointed as well this early on.

Archived