Can a Jon Snow + Daenerys romance work in the final book?

total1402

They will probably meet somewhere late in TWOW but basically a 'true' romance seems a bit off.

lol

Sorry, but Dany ain't gonna be in Westeros during Winds. She has a lot left to wrap up in Essos. Getting back Drogos Khal, Mereen, Volantis, Yunkai; everyone else. Not to mention the domestics when she links up with all the characters in Slavers Bay who include...

Tyrion

Jorah

Victarion

Moqorro

Marwyn

Brown Ben

and this assumes that martin doesn't take this opportunity to add more Dothraki characters and flesh out Danys tales with them.

She will be lucky to be any further than Volantis by end of Winds.

lol

Sorry, but Dany ain't gonna be in Westeros during Winds. She has a lot left to wrap up in Essos. Getting back Drogos Khal, Mereen, Volantis, Yunkai; everyone else. Not to mention the domestics when she links up with all the characters in Slavers Bay who include...

Tyrion

Jorah

Victarion

Moqorro

Marwyn

Brown Ben

and this assumes that martin doesn't take this opportunity to add more Dothraki characters and flesh out Danys tales with them.

Oh, so you read it already?

I do think we should try to stay away from spoilers for those of us who haven't finished Winds yet. (I'm only at the bit where Stannis takes Winterfell so I'm not too far in myself.)

Spoiler - he wins, Ramsey gets away and then Jon kills him. Also, turns out Jon is the prince that was promised.

Spoiler - he wins, Ramsey gets away and then Jon kills him. Also, turns out Jon is the prince that was promised.

That is NOT cool. :angry2:

I would be OK if they had sex once and then one of them died.

They'll still be better off than poor Lady Tyrell.

Margaery: "At least they made it that far..."

Mace: "Cheer up, sweetie, I've got husband #9 lined up for you. He's a Qohorik manticore wrangler, absolutely fearless, and he's coming here to meet y--oh, I just got a raven saying he choked on a grape. Damn."

Margaery: :bang:

Falling in love and getting married would be too cheesy. I would be OK if they had sex once and then one of them died. It would be OK if they had a political marriage with the hint that it might develop like Ned and Catelyn's relationship later.

How would they die? Would Jon split her in half or something?

There is a whole poopload of people who get sick at the very notion of Jon and Dany getting together. They seem to break down into a few categories, but mostly, it's an incest thing (she is his aunt, and cousins are legal in plenty of places, though normally second cousins is the limit), or that they do not like Dany, or think it somehow cheapens her to end up marrying, like dying old and alone is the ideal of some people.

The people, they couch these in arguments, such as predictability, and then point to a few scant passages in the thousands of pages we have that foresee such an event, or say it is just some other trope of fantasy.

But it mentioned in a trio with men she will love. Khal Drogo, corpse smiling sadly on prow of a ship (Vic or Euron BTW) and blue rose in a wall.

The grey corpse on the ship probably refers to Jon Connington. He contracted greyscale -- which is lethal in adults -- whilst on a ship. Despite this though, he is happy to be back in Westeros and have a chance to avenge Rhaegar.

Do you have alternate explanation for the blue rose in the wall?

As noted by Kittykatknits above, the blue rose is likely a sign that Jon is Lyanna's son. The crown Rhaegar gave Lyanna at Harrenhal was made of blue roses; she was surrounded by blue roses when she died; and blue roses were also associated with the Daughter of Winterfell that bore Bael the Bard's son (and that tale is interpreted as a parallel to Rhaegar and Lyanna's relationship).

But it mentioned in a trio with men she will love. Khal Drogo, corpse smiling sadly on prow of a ship (Vic or Euron BTW) and blue rose in a wall.

There is nothing in the House of the Undying that says she will love three men. She will apparently light three fires (one of which will be to love) and ride three mounts (again, one of which she will love). There's nothing in the vision about "three men to love."

lol

Tyrion

Jorah

Victarion

Moqorro

Marwyn

Brown Ben

I'll echo Broken Fox's question: have you read TWoW already?

It's actually not out of the question for Dany to make it to Westeros in the span of a book. Victarion, Quentyn, and Tyrion have all made the journey in under a book. Dany could easily board a ship early in TWoW, and the next time we see her she could be on the Stepstones. Second, a lot of those characters you mentioned could easily die during the Battle of Meereen. Third, given the contents of the Arianne sample chapter released in January and "The Princess and the Queen" (a novella concerning the Dance of the Dragons) excerpt that was released today, the groundwork is definitely being laid for us to see the Second Dance of the Dragons sooner rather than later.

I dont like the idea of these two at all. Unless it is a sheer political marriage (if Jon in not in the NW), then GRRM could make it work. But other than that, I cant see these two choosing to be with each other.

i thought grim started talking about 8th book .... well no matter

its always possible if grim wished it so she can be in westeros by the end of winds ...

i guess if Rickon will becomes Jons heir to Winterfell and Dany+ Jon = matrilineal marriage (they would be 75% Targs)

its looks feasible to me but ... doesnt look like bittersweet ending

The blue rose usually symbolizes Lyanna throughout the series, so I always assumed the vision was about Jon and her meeting.

I'm not so sure about that. I have a thread that might be worth a look, if you're interested: Jon Snow and the Blue Winter Rosetta Stone.

The idea is that the roses actually symbolize Jon Snow, while hinting at his true parentage and possibly even his eventual destiny as a savior figure.

I'll echo Broken Fox's question: have you read TWoW already?

It's actually not out of the question for Dany to make it to Westeros in the span of a book. Victarion, Quentyn, and Tyrion have all made the journey in under a book. Dany could easily board a ship early in TWoW, and the next time we see her she could be on the Stepstones. Second, a lot of those characters you mentioned could easily die during the Battle of Meereen. Third, given the contents of the Arianne sample chapter released in January and "The Princess and the Queen" (a novella concerning the Dance of the Dragons) excerpt that was released today, the groundwork is definitely being laid for us to see the Second Dance of the Dragons sooner rather than later.

Sure those characters made it there in one book, but they didn't have to move entire armies and weren't at war with half of Essos. A lot of people think that Dany will stop and liberate Volantis as well and if that happenes it could really slow her down! Dany's invasion of Westeos was supposed to be a major event in the original trilogy and assuming that she arrives there by the end of TWOW I can't see Dance of Dragons 2.0 AND the huge battle against the Others to only happen in one book! aDoS will have to be the largest fictional book ever written if there are really only 2 books left in the series.

Archived