Can a Jon Snow + Daenerys romance work in the final book?

total1402

If they have time for a romance, that'll leave even less pages for dealing with The Others. We'd be down to Jon waving a stern finger at them, perhaps as the cliffhanger of one chapter, and then in the next jon chapter we'd learn that it worked and the Others retreated into the deep north.

Keeping in mind how Jon's story was in the first three books, I wouldn't be even be shocked if this actually happened.

"Hey, Jon hurry up already! We are gonna have to forget about the first date, we only have 20 pages left until this series is over!" -Daenerys Targaryen.

I won't lie, I would lose a bit of respect for Jon Snow if he did it anyways after finding out.

thats what makes me think jon will die before finding out dany is prego ....bittersweet ending .

If they have time for a romance, that'll leave even less pages for dealing with The Others. We'd be down to Jon waving a stern finger at them, perhaps as the cliffhanger of one chapter, and then in the next jon chapter we'd learn that it worked and the Others retreated into the deep north.

A romance can be set up fairly quickly by a deft hand though. It doesn't need to be Hollywood style with bells and whistles, rainbows, unicorns and unicorns shitting raindbows, like some seem to assume. Understated romances are among the best ones, for instance Elinor and Edward Ferrars in "Sense and Sensibility" where the main emphasis is on Marianne and Willoughby/Colonel Brandon.

That said, I don't think a Jon and Dany romance is necessary, but I do think it is *possible*.

Jon aka BlueRose vision is in "three mounts" triplet IIRC. Three mounts will she know, one to bed, one to dread and one to love. Drogo is probably "to bed" one, first vision of triplet is her filly, I don't see Jon as being one to "dread", especially after very strong foreshadowing that she'll somehow end up entangled with Euron (she had a dream of lover with blue lips and we know Greyjoys are coming to Dany - this kind of foreshadowing usually pays off in ASOIAF), so we could argue if he's one to "bed" or to "love". but it seems most reasonable IMO that we hear about mounts chronologically, afterall, we already had Drogo and Euron is coming up soon, most like.

It's a bittersweet ending. A lot of people are going to die but some characters will have some sort of happy ending. I hope Jon and Dany get a happy ending together (although the scenario were Jon knocks her up before dying by the others is equally plausible).

I could picture a story about people meeting with a huge task at hand and finding comfort in each other but I definitely expect one of them not surviving the Others.

As to know if Jon will know about his parents, maybe not or maybe he won't believe it or maybe he will find out once the deed's already done.

This romance out of nowhere would look totally forced

:agree:

They're not even each other's type <_<

Dany clearly prefers flashy, manly guys who scream sex appeal whilst Jon prefers down to earth girls, who aren't ranting about their dragon blood.

If Jon and Danny end up together I will be very upset with Jon, and hope Mel burns Danny before he does anything dumb (I would get a good chuckle out of that). Being serious it would be a little out of character for Jon to fall for Danny, she is a bit to high strung and high on herself at this point in time. "Blood of the dragon blah blah blah" I could see Jon being a lord in the North with Val as his wife, but not Danny. I am not a Danny hater per say, I think GRRM writes her arc well. I just do not like her as a person, and do not wish her on Jon at all. I am skeptical that there will even be an iron throne at the end of the series. I think we may see several fragmented kingdoms after the second dance of dragons and the battle with the others. Depending on when Robbs will comes into play we may see and independent north, or northern lords who have Jon as regent until Rikkon is of age to rule on his own. However it turns out I really hope Jon and Danny do not end up together.

But it mentioned in a trio with men she will love. Khal Drogo, corpse smiling sadly on prow of a ship (Vic or Euron BTW) and blue rose in a wall.

maybe she will love Jon, but the love is never returned, and she is too busy doing her whole conquest thing to ever really do anything with him. Another option is that the romance is very briefly explored towards the end of the books, and then a political marriage is proposed between the two. off screen, later on in their lives, their romance flowers. I don't really like this option, but it could be what martin does, if dany survives and jon becomes some sort of king.

Sure those characters made it there in one book, but they didn't have to move entire armies and weren't at war with half of Essos. A lot of people think that Dany will stop and liberate Volantis as well and if that happenes it could really slow her down! Dany's invasion of Westeos was supposed to be a major event in the original trilogy and assuming that she arrives there by the end of TWOW I can't see Dance of Dragons 2.0 AND the huge battle against the Others to only happen in one book! aDoS will have to be the largest fictional book ever written if there are really only 2 books left in the series.

There are actually a number of clues in Dany's final chapter in ADwD that point to her abandoning her quest to rid the world of the slave trade and focus exclusively on conquering Westeros. Her "dialogues" with Quaithe, Viserys, and Jorah appear to be her convincing herself to embrace the role of conqueror rather than liberator.

Quaithe's words:

"Remember who you are, Daenerys," the stars whispered in a woman's voice. "The dragons know. Do you?"

Viserys's words:

I taught you who you were.

Why did they give the dragon's eggs to you? They should have been mine. If I'd had a dragon, I would have taught the world the meaning of our words.

Jorah's words:

You were warned, Your Grace. Let this city be, I said. Your war is in Westeros, I told you.

Lost, because you lingered, in a place that you were never meant to be, murmured Ser Jorah, as softly as the wind. Alone, because you sent me from your side.

I gave you good counsel. Save your spears and swords for the Seven Kingdom, I told you. Leave Meereen to the Meereenese and go west, I said. You would not listen.

You are a queen, her bear said. In Westeros.

No. You are the blood of the dragon. The whispering was growing fainter, as if Ser Jorah were falling farther behind. Dragons plant no trees. Remember that. Remember who you are, and what you are made to be. Remember your words.

"Fire and Blood," Daenerys told the swaying grass.

If Dany gains the Iron Fleet -- which shouldn't be hard because they're there to take her back to Westeros -- she could just bypass Volantis or stick around there long enough to receive the Dothraki treatment ("pay me and I'll be on my way"). Dany appears more than ready to embrace the role of conqueror when we see her last.

Who says their marriage has to be a romantic one? There are plenty of Westerosi marriages that were set up for political reasons... Even though neither really seems the type (but then again Dany married Hizdar for so called peace & Jon I think at first needed to hook up w/ Ygritte), they could very well hook up for duty, for the sake of their houses, the future of the realm and/or to fulfill one or more prophecies. I personally believe it is their son who will be the prince that was promised and his is the song of ice and fire. Catelyn & Ned didnt love each other when they got married, they barely knew each other and look how their love turned out. Their son will be king end of story. No one can deny the throne to the son and heir of Houses Stark & Targaryen.

Archived