How Do You Think Elia Thought About Lyanna?

Do think she was majorly pissed off at Rhaegar for crowning Her QOLAB and abandoning her and the children or do you think was supportive of Rhaegar or just plainly did not care.

I personally think she must have been somewhat supportive. I mean Elia and Rhaegar were close. They loved each other just not romantically but one thing that doesn't sit right with me is why hide Lyanna in Dorne. That seems like the last place he would want to hide with her. I think that Elia while being somewhat ashamed and saddened by Rhaegars affection for Lyanna she saw that he was truly in love with Lyanna and felt he deserved to be happy with her. Or maybe there was something else going on who knows?

Well, she was barren. And polygamy was nothing new to the Targaryens. Also Rhaegar told her about the prophecy. I think she understood him well enough.

She wasn't barren, she gave him 2 kids. She was just frail and sickly, would probably have died if she tried to birth another child.

Corbon has the right of it, we're just inventing here.

If Dany's vision is anything to go by, Elia, at the very least, knew about the prophecy and how invested in it Rhaegar was.

You could also assume given the Dornish relative open-minded attitude towards paramours and sexuality in general, that Elia may not have found it too perplexing that Rhaegar was infatuated with another woman.

To ponder even further, perhaps Elia even suggested using the Tower of Joy as a hideout, given that it is in Dorne, and who should know Dornish strongholds and hideouts better than a Martell? Although it is just as likely that this place was suggested by Aurthur Dayne.

As far as I am aware, it is never really stated that Elia was "in love" with Rhaegar, although I'm sure she cared for him greatly. I could honestly see her being content with simply being a mother to her own children and leaving Rhaegar to frolic off on his prophetical pursuits.

Nowhere is it mentioned that Elia was an idiot. She surely saw that leaving Rhaegar to his own thing would turn HER into the other woman, let alone the fact that this unstable husband of hers might decide that another prophecy, dream or whatever meant that Lyanna's son should be the heir. And even if he didn't, after his death the North might decide to support Lyanna's children for the throne over Elia's.

He might not have hurt her heart but there are many feelings different from love. He hurt her pride, for sure, the romantic fool, with the way he did things.

Had Rhaegar simply kept Lyanna as a paramour - which is highly unlikely, since she was too highborn, - Elia might have turned a rather relieved eye to his escapades. With the way he did things - no way. Dornish are nothing if not proud and he hurt her pride, let alone opened the door for future complications for her children and Dorne.

She was most certainly not OK with being humiliated the way she was, no matter whether she loved Rhaegar or just counted down the seconds until he left the room.

Changing the long tradition of non-polygamic marriages to her detriment would have been an offense, no matter what.

Well she certainly would not be ok with it and I think she'd be livid if Lyanna came waltzing in with Jon.

In my honest opinion at Harrenhal all Elia saw was a 13 year old girl. But after Rhaegar ran off with her, I do think a part of Elia was absolutely furious.

Now imagine what would have happened if Lyanna had lived and Rhaegar won RR? If Elia knows what's good for she'd make the Stark girl's life a living hell until she runs back to Winterfell with her tail between her legs.

How would any woman feel towards her husband's lover, a younger woman who can give her husband what she, his legal wife, can't - children?

She hated her with every ounce of her being.

I think that if we had a memory of Jaime form KL, when Rhaegar returned and went to his wife's room, it would have been something like:

Jaime remembered how Rhaegar had took a deep swallow of Dornish red before enetering the room. "Wish me luck" he said... and how quickly he ran out of it, plates and ornamented wine glasses, gifts from thier wedding, shattering all around him. "...that Northern slut! *smash* A teenage girl! *shattering* What does she have that I don't?! *wedding albums being torn apart* In the special hideout I told you about! *crash* Asshole!"

How would any woman feel towards her husband's lover, a younger woman who can give her husband what she, his legal wife, can't - children?

She hated her with every ounce of her being.

Every woman is not a Cersei.

Every woman is not a Cersei.

Every woman is also not "oh well, if my husband, the prince, wants to bring back polygamy and marry a 14 year old, I'm fine with that". Especially when he never sends a postcard for nearly two years, makes it obviouse that the other woman is more important, and that is why she gets three KG all for herself, while his first legal wife is a hostage in his father's hands, and completely ignored.

Though do notice that both Robert and Rhaegar died an un-natural death. I'm not hinting at anything. *cough* sabotaged armor *cough*

To paraphrase, hell hath no fury like a mother when she and her children are scorned and abandoned to be hostages of a mad king in times of war. It is true we know next to nothing about what happened, but we can safely assume what kind of thoughts about Rhaeger flashed through her mind when Robert Clegane entered her room and there was noone - not even a lone member of the Kingsguard - there to protect her and her children.

See, this is what I'm talking about-we don't know anything about Elia.She may have been in love with a handmaiden and glad to be well shot of Rhaegar, she may have drunk the prophecy kool-aid and blessed his union with Lyanna, she may have been in love with Lyanna herself and supported Rhaegar as the best way to bring her closer, she may have hated Lyanna and Raegar for their etrayal and deliberately fanned the fire of rebellion as much as possible-we have no way of knowing at this point in time.

Archived