Winds of Winter length?

1500 manuscript pages which I think is about the length of ASOS. Anyway that is just a guess. Remember that GRMM thought this series would be a trilogy. I think when he gets to writing more he will be way over 1500 pages and will have to add another book.

If its that short he may have to add another book to the series.

I don't think his publishers will let him publish anything longer than asos or adwd. If he has more manuscript pages they'll prolly make him carry it over to the next book. Dont get me wrong tho , I'd love a 2000 page book!

Mmm, Martin took like 6 years to write the 1100 pages of ADWD and he has said that he got around 500 pages of WoW if this book is near of 1600 pages then we just need to wait until 2018, right?

That length of time was primarily due to him trying to resolve the Mereenese knot

In some countries Storm of Swords has already been split into two books. There is a practical limit to the size, it can't be much bigger than Dance with Dragons was. I think this whole thing about having 7 books is kind of silly, I don't even know if the 7 kingdoms is an accurate number. The story needs 8 books with the final three being Dance with Dragons size. That is assuming he only focuses on the plot, if he meanders like he did in the past two books then god knows what the number will be.

anyone has the year this book will be released? did GRRM say anything about it?

Nope, nothing which is understandable. Grrm said he's quarter done and then liam cunningham or someone said he's almost half done I believe only a couple monthes later. Hes probably underestimating for us ravenous fans

I honestly don't see how he can finish this entire story by ADOS without it feeling rushed.

The big, bloaty middle part is done though. The number of PoVs/plotlines is already shrinking at the end of Dance and will shrink further in the first chapters of Winds.

Asha and Theon joined up

Barristan, Quentyn and Tyrion joined up or died

Jaime and Brienne joined up

Victarion is going to join the Barristan-Quentyn-Tyrion line soon enough, Dany may take a while longer.

In the end, it's probably as condensed and fast-paced as the first ten chapters of Game was, but intent on resovling the plot instead of worldbuilding and character introduction.

Considering how much story GRRM has left to tell, you'd think that TWOW and ADOS will be enormous.

The problem is publisher will only publish books so big. I think ASOS is around the limit. Any bigger then that and they have to split it into two books. So if GRRM writes more then he planned he can' just make the book huge, he will have to make another book.

Nope, nothing which is understandable. Grrm said he's quarter done and then liam cunningham or someone said he's almost half done I believe only a couple monthes later. Hes probably underestimating for us ravenous fans

Any links? I think Cunningham said close to 40 percent but I am not sure.

Archived