Arianne Martell

Cimitière

• 4 weeks later...

Nikki Reed is who I imagine when I read about Arianne. She's got the dark hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin. She even has the beauty mark. She's the right age and height to play her too. Most people will scoff at her though since she's mostly known for playing the part of Rosalie Hale from the Twilight series. Rosalie and Arianne are somewhat similar when it comes to their personality and back story so it wouldn't be much of a stretch acting wise.

http://photos.imageevent.com/afap/wallpapers/stars/nikkireed//Nikki%20Reed%20-4.jpg

Nikki Reed is who I imagine when I read about Arianne. She's got the dark hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin. She even has the beauty mark. She's the right age and height to play her too. Most people will scoff at her though since she's mostly known for playing the part of Rosalie Hale from the Twilight series. Rosalie and Arianne are somewhat similar when it comes to their personality and back story so it wouldn't be much of a stretch acting wise.

http://photos.imageevent.com/afap/wallpapers/stars/nikkireed//Nikki%20Reed%20-4.jpg

Certainly attractive, but not really anything like Arianne. They'll almost certainly be going with a Latin actress for Arianne if we're going by Pascal's casting. And they'd better get her right because she's one of my favourite characters :p.

What about Rosario Dawson? She fits the role well. She's dark skinned, very attractive, with a lean, sexy body that is not completely thin, and she has the acting chops to do it too. She's 34, but that isn't a problem I believe. If Natalie Dormer can portray a 16 year old then they can do the same with Arianne. She even looks like she could be a relative of Pedro Pascal.

http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/rosario_dawson-trance-4.jpg

What about Rosario Dawson? She fits the role well. She's dark skinned, very attractive, with a lean, sexy body that is not completely thin, and she has the acting chops to do it too. She's 34, but that isn't a problem I believe. If Natalie Dormer can portray a 16 year old then they can do the same with Arianne. She even looks like she could be a relative of Pedro Pascal.

http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/rosario_dawson-trance-4.jpg

Except that Natalie Dormer isn't portraying a 16 year old girl so i don't know what the hell you are talking about .

I see Clara Lago in this role - right age group, particularly given the 'aging up' and right look. Decent acting chops for what the role would require. Amaia Salamanca would be a second. She's a few years older, and not as good of an actress from what I've heard.

Nice choice, she has an excellent look.

Certainly attractive, but not really anything like Arianne. They'll almost certainly be going with a Latin actress for Arianne if we're going by Pascal's casting. And they'd better get her right because she's one of my favourite characters :P.

If the actress matches the description why does it matter where they are from? Ellaria is Dornish and she is played half Indian and half Italian actress. No Latin whatsoever.

If the actress matches the description why does it matter where they are from? Ellaria is Dornish and she is played half Indian and half Italian actress. No Latin whatsoever.

Well actually Italian is latin. And there's a little more leeway for Ellaria as she isn't related to Oberyn.

Well actually Italian is latin. And there's a little more leeway for Ellaria as she isn't related to Oberyn.

This. I think a lot of people confuse 'latin' as 'hispanic', which is much more specific. 'Latin' includes any of the peoples from romance-language speaking countries. To the point where, when a French colleague in our office attributed something he did as 'from the Latin blood', a couple of our other staffers thought he was confused. He then explained the difference.

This. I think a lot of people confuse 'latin' as 'hispanic', which is much more specific. 'Latin' includes any of the peoples from romance-language speaking countries. To the point where, when a French colleague in our office attributed something he did as 'from the Latin blood', a couple of our other staffers thought he was confused. He then explained the difference.

This is why it is such a terrible descriptor. The term "latin" can refer to anybody whose mother tongue is Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, or Romanian, along with smaller derivatives (i.e., Catalan, Asturian, etc.).

In any case, there are 700 million "latins" and they come in all shapes, shades and sizes.

The term "hispanic" is little better. It can refer to anybody whose mother tongue is Spanish, which only narrows it down to roughly 400 million people. Who, again, come in all shapes, shades, and sizes.

To give particularly dramatic examples, David Ortiz is "hispanic" (and "latin") and so is Pau Gasol.

Or, since we are talking about casting a woman, Brigitte Bardot is just as "latin" as Salma Hayek.

Hello, sorry to be replying late to the topic. I have heard that Janina Gavankar is supposed to be a part of Game of Thrones, so possibly she will play Arianne. I think that this would be great, as she is such a good actress, and it is likely as she worked with HBO on True Blood, so I think it's likely to be her.I think Penelope Cruz is unlikely to play her as 1) she is Spanish, and Dorne is not based on Spain, it is more Mediterranean/Persian, and 2) People think she is going to do the next Bond film which will probably be filmed during season 5 filming.

Archived