Notable Releases
From the Store
Game of Thrones Brienne of Tarth T-Shirt
Brienne of Tarth Men’s T-Shirt
HBO US
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

Dating 4.0 Everyone is crazy. I am Spock.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
401 replies to this topic

#181 DreamSongs

DreamSongs

Alaska 2014 or BUST!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

If you are on a website, people are 1) Dating 2) Looking for hookups. I do not presume to be the sole communicant of anyone I am talking to.

Mandy, you met #1 a week ago. Sounds like maybe the two of you might have been better off as friends since you have so much in common. Its always nice to have a support system.

Edited by DreamSongs, 19 August 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#182 Mandy

Mandy

POOR IMPULSE CONTROL

• Members
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

He said he understands and is okay with it. Even said if I were to ever date someone who wasnt okay with it to run the other way. Pretty damn good answer.

And technically, we've had at least 4 dates but yes, it's only been a week. And I do now have a second date planned with #2. Right now I have exciting new things going on at work, so thankfully I can focus on that instead of obsessing over menfolk.

#183 DreamSongs

DreamSongs

Alaska 2014 or BUST!

• Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:44 PM

He said he understands and is okay with it. Even said if I were to ever date someone who wasnt okay with it to run the other way. Pretty damn good answer.

And technically, we've had at least 4 dates but yes, it's only been a week.

#1 sounds like awesome friend potential. Every single lady needs male friends to bounce things off of /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#184 Mandy

Mandy

POOR IMPULSE CONTROL

• Members
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

Maybe. We'll see. I mean, I would hope that a partner would be a friend first and foremost, and yeah I'm friend-ly with just about all of my exes, but it's kind of hard to go back there once you've had feelings like that for someone.

#185 Alcibiades

Alcibiades

Sansa Apologist

• Members
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Dan Savage had the founder of okcupid on his podcast today. The advice the guy gave for success on his website: be hotter, live in a bigger city, and lower your standards. Rofl, not very helpful!

#186 DreamSongs

DreamSongs

Alaska 2014 or BUST!

• Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

LOWER MY STANDARDS /tantrum.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tantrum:' />

I don't think so. I have lowered my standards already...steady income from a reliable legal source, well-groomed (ie bathes and brushes teeth daily) and intelligent. Some of us just don't do the internet dating thing very well. But hey, electronics have improved over the past 20 years.

/leaving.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':leaving:' /> for AI and Dating thread.

Edited by DreamSongs, 20 August 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#187 AverageGuy

AverageGuy

There are lots of men like me.

• Members
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

If you are on a website, people are 1) Dating 2) Looking for hookups.

You forgot 3) Looking for free meals.

#188 karaddin

karaddin

Running estrogen on unlicensed hardware

• Members
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Dan Savage had the founder of okcupid on his podcast today. The advice the guy gave for success on his website: be hotter, live in a bigger city, and lower your standards. Rofl, not very helpful!

Well I did one of these to get my current gf /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

#189 brook

brook

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

You'd better not be suggesting lowered standards or someone isn't getting fed tonight!

#190 karaddin

karaddin

• Members
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

Pfft, I just got hotter. My approach clearly isn't for everyone though.

#191 Elder Sister

Elder Sister

I don't like your face. Makes me want to do things to it.

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

Haha - Brooke and karaddin are making me laugh. /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

#192 karaddin

karaddin

• Members
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Haha - Brooke and karaddin are making me laugh. /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm the jester of this town (in addition to my other titles), I merely aim to entertain *curtsey*

#193 brook

brook

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

For the record it's true... She got way hotter.

#194 VaramyrSixchins

VaramyrSixchins

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

I like OkCupid, & have met some great people. Zoosk, on the other hand, is terrible. I have a pic of myself wearing a crash helmet w my face between a woman's knees. I'm thinking of making it my Zoosk profile pic & under the biographical section write "I'm a trucker looking for a woman EXACTLY like my mother." I think this would PROBABLY result in better matches than what Zoosk suggests. Horrible, horrible site...

#195 Every

Every

Council Member

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Can I ask what exactly you thought was going to happen to you between the woman's knees that required a crash helmet?

#196 Salome Sand Witch

Salome Sand Witch

I look into your soul and shit gets real

• Members
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

Can I ask what exactly you thought was going to happen to you between the woman's knees that required a crash helmet?

Don't answer that - my imagination is far better than reality can ever be. /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

#197 A Time for Wolves

A Time for Wolves

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

I had terrible experiences on OKCupid. Never again. Random weirdos asking me if they can suck my toes and the good-looking guys writing stuff like, "My ex-girlfriends were awesome. All of them were smart as hell, funny, attractive, and taught me a lot. Can you measure up?" Yeah, I think I'd rather go on Craigslist thanks.

Edited by A Time for Wolves, 21 August 2013 - 03:04 AM.

#198 MinDonner

MinDonner

Not in the mood

• Members
  • 13,734 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

This remains my favourite ever exchange on OKC:

"When men show extra courtesy toward women (opening doors, pulling out chairs, etc.), this is:

Sexist and insulting; women are perfectly capable."

Its the way some of us was brought up..its second nature..its programed in and mostly comes from households with a strong mother in charge so how is that sexist..if i see a woman being hassed by a couple of guys in the street i go over but i bet thats sexist too? Is it sexist to stop a rape when i would not stop a couple of woman gropping a guy? And yes women are capable but many like to be looked after..

AHAHAHA this is your idea of an introductory message? Fail. Pro tip: "your answers are wrong and here's why. Also, rape!" is possibly not the best way to start a conversation. Don't contact me again.

Hmm i see you are impossable to talk too..your way or no way..good bye

Yeah. Smoooooooooth moves dude. /smoking.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smoking:' />

#199 Alex.

Alex.

"Football without #cans is nothing"

• Members
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

He sounds like a treat.

#200 A Time for Wolves

A Time for Wolves

Council Member

• Members