I got your Jon Snow theory right here

The_Bull

So check this. Here is what I am fairly certain is going to happen to Lord Snow. He's dead. BUT thoros of Myr kindly showed us that R'hllor is capable of "switching lives" so to speak (Beric) and honestly everyone who knocks Melisandre fails to note Thoros was a shit priest as well but once he got a real cause at his feet his magic worked, plus the dragons and all.

Melisandre is gonna say kings blood=power and convince Selyse to give her Shireen, who she will then burn to raise Jon Snow. Assuming RLJ, she would thereby "waking dragons from stone (shireen's greyscale)".

Nothing new, right?

But what I think will follow was foreshadowed by the Halfhand: "you must do whatever they ask" and something about not balking. The nights watch is going to see Jon Snow raised and I don't think they will be happy, since he'll basically be a Wight. The NW knows as well as anyone in the realm dead things bring no good so they will make Jon Snow do something to prove his loyalty to the NW: he will have to kill Ghost. And in killing ghost, he will ensure the NW's loyalty. Ghost is nissa nissa. NW is lightbringer. Jon Snow is azor ahai, and the dragon woken from stone. Then everyone lived happily ever after. The end.

Nope. As soon as Mel asks for Shireen's life Stannis will cleave her in twain and Davos will drive a stake through her black heart just to be sure. Plus, Red God ressurection =/= Wight. And Halfhand said that to Jon when he was talking about the Wildlings, not anyone else.

With the perspective of naration being limited to one person at a time, I think there will be no revelation of all the ultimate truths in this world. I'm pretty sure that that something will happen that can somehow be interpreted as the second coming of Azor Ahai and that there will be several people/things that can be interpreted as Nissa Nissa or as Lightbringer...

but I'm also pretty sure that nobody is going to do that interpretation for you. So what we are going to have after the release of ADOS is an amazing piece of literature that's - like all great literature - open for interpretation.... and I'm pretty confident that your interpratation will still be considdered as one of many legit interpreations then.

Nope. As soon as Mel asks for Shireen's life Stannis will cleave her in twain and Davos will drive a stake through her black heart just to be sure. Plus, Red God ressurection =/= Wight. And Halfhand said that to Jon when he was talking about the Wildlings, not anyone else.

Yup.

Stannis loves very few things/people. Shireen tops the list.

Yup.

Stannis loves very few things/people. Shireen tops the list.

Really? I need to do a reread, but I don't remember that aspect really popping out at me. Would love some quotes if you have them on hand, I'm genuinely interested.

But in any case, it may not matter. Stannis is not at the Wall, and in fact, as far as they know, he's "dead" per the pink letter, so Mel will not feel the need to "ask Stannis." She'll do what needs to be done to bring her champion back (in my view, she will not want to bring JON back, but Stannis, who she believes is dead. Remember she still thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai, not Jon). The only person she may have to "ask" is Queen Selyse, and with Selyse's religious fervor I'm not convinced she wouldn't end up letting Mel do it.

OP -- there's a really good thread where someone proposes that Shireen will be sacrificed, it was really good if you can find it through search. I think it's a distinct possibility.

But as for Ghost being sacrificed, I'm super skeptical, especially from that scenario. Being brought back from the dead does not make Jon a wight. A wight is a very specific kind of being -- Beric Dondarrion, who was brought back by Thoros, was not a "wight." He was still mostly human. The members of the NW will know the difference, if Jon doesn't get creepy blue eyes and can still talk/reason, which the wights cannot.

And in any case, if Lightbringer is a literal sword, there is absolutely nothing that says that Lightbringer has to be re-forged. It was forged once, so it already exists. It doesn't need to be forged again. People are always talking about "the next Nissa Nissa" and there's just no reason there has to be one.

Or Jon could recover and maybe he is just dead but living on through ghost, or maybe he is just plain dead. It's almost as if some people want Shireen to be sacrificed for some reason.

I don't think people dislike her, per se, but she really doesn't serve a purpose.

Mmmm.... No. No way in hell.

A woman give up her only daughter? Over her dead body. And for what? Nothing that can mean anything to her.

It won't be a sacrifice that brings Jon back to life. He may not be all that badly injured. Martin has a plan here, and we're all waiting with bated breath to learn what it is.

Or as Jon lies in his weakened state, Mel rapes him to make shadowbabies - draining most his life force, then in her flames see's his heritage and drains his blood to use in some crazy ass ceremony on Stannis.- Jon dies in the process.

Oh and they shoot Ghost.

Mel becomes the new POV on the wall.... until the others kick down the gates 3 chapters later.

Archived