Did Robb die well?

The-Paul-Arron00

i think dying "well" is not always in the power of the... uh ...dying. given the situation robb could hardly do anything to go out well. if he had gotten to his sword quicker or something, i don't know. grey wind died a hero, though.

i'd say no.

Well, his death still resonates throughout the North, to the point where people who have probably never even seen him are impacted by his loss. Robb likely wasn't able to die a 'warrior's death' because he was sneak-attacked by Roose Bolton, but his memory will burn in the hearts of thousands:

It belonged to the half-grown child with the blond eyebrows and the long green braid. "They killed Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn and King Robb," she said. "He was our king! He was brave and good, and the Freys murdered him. If Lord Stannis will avenge him, we should join Lord Stannis."

[...]

"We heard what you said," said the older girl, her sister. "A child's foolishness. Speak no ill of our friends of Frey. One of them will be your lord and husband soon."

"No," the girl declared, shaking her head. "I won't. I won't ever. They killed the King. "

Better than a drunk boar hunting death

Better than going out from a flesh wound(Drogo)

Better than having your head chopped off after confessing to crimes you didn't commit

Better than fetch me a block

Better than your son crossbowing you while your on the toilet

Maybe not better than shoved through the moon door though

Very complicated question. He didn't die cravenly, as was noted. However, he didn't get to die in battle. And he died as a result of breaking a vow, which Ned would not have approved of for sure. But he died with an emblemished battle record because of his young death and there's a lot of sympathy for him because he was murdered through treachery and violation of guest right.

Public people that die young and with some kind of great record, like Robb's battle record, are often idolized long after their deaths. Like the personality cult around say JFK, as compared to Elvis' death on a toilet.

Better than a drunk boar hunting death

I don't know, that drunk man who had been nearly disembowled managed to take the boar that likely weighed several hundred pounds down. That's pretty awesome.

But in response to the OP, I'd say no. Robb died via treachery, which isn't a good way to die really.

Robb died a martyr's death. He was undefeated in battle and because of that he and his wolf had to be lured and given "guest rights" and stabbed in the back in order to be defeated. Pretty heroic I say. the true cravens were and are Frey, Bolton and Lannister. Ironicially, they cemented his short but legendary reign forever.

Archived