Did Robb die well?

The-Paul-Arron00

Better than a drunk boar hunting death

Better than going out from a flesh wound(Drogo)

Better than having your head chopped off after confessing to crimes you didn't commit

Better than fetch me a block

Better than your son crossbowing you while your on the toilet

Maybe not better than shoved through the moon door though

Overall I would say no - backstabbed (literally at the end) by your own bannermen. Not the way to go.

Compared to at least most of what your mentioned, then he did.

Let me just add:

Better than being pushed off the bridge of boats by a timid squire.

Better than being pushed, dropped, blown off a bridge outside your own home.

Better than "choking on pigeon pie".

Better than having Littlefinger pay you for your services with a crossbow bolt.

Better than getting impaled with a poisoned spear and dying in festering agony for weeks.

Better than having your face bashed at just before your moment of triumph.

Better than riding headlong into someone's longaxe because you were ashamed of getting laid.

Better than being hanged by Lady Stoneheart or burned by Melisandre.

Better than being hunted for sport by Ramsay Snow

So Ned wasn't conspiring to throw Joffrey off the throne? That's news to me.
I don't have my books but I'm pretty sure Ned confessed to a lot of stuff he didn't do.

Her father raised his voice still higher, straining to be heard. "I betrayed the faith of my king and the trust of my friend, Robert," he shouted. "I swore to defend and protect his children, yet before his blood was cold, I plotted to depose and murder his son and seize the throne for myself. Let the High Septon and Baelor the Beloved and the Seven bear witness to the truth of what I say: Joffrey Baratheon is the one true heir to the Iron Throne, and by the grace of all the gods, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

Ned confessed that he conspired to murder Joff and take the throne for himself, and that wasn't true.

Ok maybe he didn't die an awesome death, but according to the Frey version, he and his bannermen turned into wolves and killed people large scale before dying...If people remember that..the small folk in particular...he'd become a sort of legend :D

The Freys gave him an amazing death story :rofl:

I don't think dying well has anything to do with dying battle. He saw his death his mothers and all his lords and friends and didn't cry didn't beg didn't even for one second try to evade what was happening. He died very well.

This. He didn't go down like a punk. In his situation, that's really all he could have done, die like a man, for lack of a better phrase.

Robb had to die because he wasn't the hero of ASOIAF, the Stark are not the protagonist of this story. Sadly this character deserved to be dismissed in a more dignified way, something heroic not as a vow breaker, so no he didn't die well.

He was one of the heroes, George has even said if he could go back the one thing he would change would be adding a Robb chapter. His death was tragic and memorable, perhaps the most notable death in the series, even more than Ned. However from the perspective of his character it was certainly a horrific way to die.

I don't think dying well has anything to do with dying battle. He saw his death his mothers and all his lords and friends and didn't cry didn't beg didn't even for one second try to evade what was happening. He died very well.

Exactly. I mean, the man who's death Rob and Jon argue about was a deserter from the Night's Watch, so apparently being an oathbreaker doesn't exclude you from dying well. It doesn't matter how you have lived, the circumstances of your death don't matter, it only matters if you face death bravely.

I believe I died bravely. I was beaten the only way it could of happened, by treachery. No tears were shed by me and I did not beg for mercy. I died undefeated out in the battle field but lost the game of thrones.

I miss my wolf.

P.S. The wedding was great up until that point when I received certain regards.

The food was not important to me and neither was the music, I was happy to finally be on my way to Winterfell and take back what belonged to me. I would have eaten rats stuffed with maggots and listened to the poorest of rendition of the Bear and the Maiden Fair to go back home again.

Man I should have never let Theon go home. "I made a huge mistake"

Exactly and didn't he get like arrowed three times? maybe more (no way I'm reading that chapter again once was enough) and was still going until Jaime sent his regards if he had access to a sword he'd have gone down like Spartacus!

*note I'm bias as Robb was my favourite character.

Archived