How many people has Melisandre actually burned?

The Red Melli

Burning someone because they won't support your claim (because you're freaking BURNING PEOPLE!) isn't 'justice', IMO. Also, Florent was doing what he thought was best for his people and the realm, which is the same reasoning behind burning Edric. To say that burning Edric is ok because it was with good intentions and then calling Florent a traitor is really hypocritical.

Florent was negotiating with the enemy and making them peace offers, including a wedding of Shireen to Tommen behind Stannis' back. He should have consulted Stannis. That's why he commited treason. IF he had suggested his piece terms to Stannis, Stannis would have probably refused it, made a nice quote about Florents stupidity and only Florent's ego would have been hurt..

Burning Edric is not okay in any way, because Edric is an innocent boy. Davos was right about that, Stannis was wrong to even consider it. That does not compare to Alester Florent's situation.

It's a feudal society. If Stannis misliked farting, it would be treason.

I'm glad we agree that they were traitors and Stannis has all the lawful justification he needs.

By that same token, the oaths that bind knights are made in the names of the Seven. It is their entire world, their order, and their honor Stannis was about to burn (It was probably the Sept of all Dragonstone); Which oath is more important? The one to their gods, or to their king?

The suggestion is that Stannis is morally obligated to keep idols and places of worship to other's gods as part of his property and on his home despite their presence giving offense to his priestess and his god. And that murder is a morally justifiable act to force Stannis to keep their idols and their place of worship on his home.

Can I just say I find it funny that one of the biggest things Stannis haters love to throw at him is "OMG HE THOUGHT ABOUT BURNING EDRIC!". Not that I would have condoned that action if he had, ya know, actually done it. But alas, this is ASOIAF, not fucking Minority Report. You never see people going off on Jaime for admitting he hoped we would kill Bran when he threw him out the window.

Of course, the abomination that was Season 3 show Stannis now has people believing Stannis actually wanting to burn people for the hell of it, but I think its clear in the books even the Edric thing he always had a reluctance around, and lets not forget his threat to brutally kill Mel were it for nothing.

So thinking about burning an innocent child at the stake for some obscure propecy is Ok and we are haters for critizing Stannis for thinking about it?

Every character has positive and negative things that they have done throughout the story and Stannis thinking about burning Edric is a negative for him and we are not haters for pointing it out.

So thinking about burning an innocent child at the stake for some obscure propecy is Ok and we are haters for critizing Stannis for thinking about it?

Every character has positive and negative things that they have done throughout the story and Stannis thinking about burning Edric is a negative for him and we are not haters for pointing it out.

I agree here. Stannis is my favourite character, i support him, but it would have been a big mistake to burn Edric and it's at negative for Stannis to even consider it, especially because it goes much against his sense of justice. But we also shouldn't forget that Stannis also kept Melisandre and Selyse from burning Edric on several occasions (stop clutching me, woman, two is not three) (the tv-show sadly forgot to mention that).

I often see comments like "Melisandre has burned alot of people" but did she actually burned alot of people and if so was this a matter of justice?

I know Edric Storm was about to be sacrificed but he escaped.

-Alester Florent attempted to make peace with the Lannisters after the Battle of Blackwater

-Guncer Sunglass by orders of Queen Selyse after he no longer supports Stannis

-Rattleshirt (Glamour as Mance Rayder)

-Hubard Rambton's two sons after they killed 4 Queen's men

-3 cannibals

So you could say they weren't innocent men and this was a matter of justice.

Don't get me wrong though I'm not in favor of burning people alive.

Weren't the 3 cannibals burnt while Melisandre was still at night watch tower?

Archived