Stannis will have best Army?!?

355Lion

Stannis is currently fighting near Winterfell is a dyer situation, but he has sent away for 20,000 sellswords. Also, he has thousands of Wildlings and hundreds of Giants and Mammoths at his command. Even if he doesnt get his sellswords Giants and Mammoths are a HUGE advantage if I'm not mistaken, well besides dragons anyway..

What gives you the impression that the Giants will actually listen to him.

Anyway I doubt that Stannis will actually have an extraordinarily powerful army by the end.

If he does end up the King,I think it will be because he was the only King who actually cared enough to go north.

There is a big problem with this idea. Most likely, due to many wars in Essos, Stannis won't get his sellswords, or will get significantly less number, and he doesn't actually control the wildings... All in all, he doesn't have that mighty force you suppose he has.

ETA:

Isn't Stannis dead though?

Not confirmed. People can lie in letters, look at situation with Davos.

Stannis doesn't have sellswords, wildlings, mammoths, or giants. Jon Snow has/had wildlings, mammoths, and giants but Stannis has not asked him to send them to him and even if he had it's unlikely that they would arrive in time to participate in any upcoming battles. As far as Stannis being dead, it doesn't really make sense; we know that Theon and Arya Stark are in Stannis's custody. If Ramsay had already killed Stannis and scattered his army, wouldn't he have recaptured Theon and Arya then? Why would he need to ask Jon Snow and the NW to recover them for him?

Stannis is a bit smarter than that.

Jon Snow had to patiently explain to him the very basics of diplomacy before sending him to the mountain clans, and even then Stannis seemed to regard the whole thing as frippery. He kind of takes after his nephew in that regard in that he sort of expects loyalty because of his character and position and doesn't really enjoy schmoozing.

That being said, I agree that he's smarter than that.

There is a big problem with this idea. Most likely, due to many wars in Essos, Stannis won't get his sellswords, or will get significantly less number, and he doesn't actually control the wildings... All in all, he doesn't have that mighty force you suppose he has.

ETA:

Not confirmed. People can lie in letters, look at situation with Davos.

Are you suggesting that such an honourable guy as Ramsey Bolton the trueborn heir of the Dreadfort would lie... Well, fair point. Maybe he was.

True, Stannis does not have the Mammoths and Giants, but it would be very easy for him to write Jon and request their assistance. Maybe, just maybe.. Jon will send them to help him with a few thousand wildlings so when the true enemy comes to the wall there will be no mammoths or Giants to be possibly "wightified". And yes they wouldn't get there in time for the battle at Winterfell, but I fully believe Stannis will win that battel and take Winterfell. Then he would have time to wait for them to arrive.

I don't know what a motive could be, just a feeling I have

Also think Melisandre could have been the author

Interesting.

So you think she faked the letter and then sent out a raven that was bound to come back to Castle Black? I suppose that's possible. Perhaps if she knew Jon would be compelled to go and search for Arya and would take the wildlings with him. But what does she gain from that? Did she perhaps just fear for Stannis since she couldn't find him in the fires and wanted to send reinforcements?

Interesting.

So you think she faked the letter and then sent out a raven that was bound to come back to Castle Black? I suppose that's possible. Perhaps if she knew Jon would be compelled to go and search for Arya and would take the wildlings with him. But what does she gain from that? Did she perhaps just fear for Stannis since she couldn't find him in the fires and wanted to send reinforcements?

Maybe so Jon wouldn't go on that rescue mission

Maybe so Jon wouldn't go north on that rescue mission

I suppose it could have been. But would she have known that Ramsay would have a dislike for bastards? Or that Bolton's use pink wax?

Mance probably would know all that, since he's spent time with them.

It is unusual that there was no skin in the letter, considering Ramsay's earlier letter about Theon.

Stannis doesn't have sellswords, wildlings, mammoths, or giants. Jon Snow has/had wildlings, mammoths, and giants but Stannis has not asked him to send them to him and even if he had it's unlikely that they would arrive in time to participate in any upcoming battles. As far as Stannis being dead, it doesn't really make sense; we know that Theon and Arya Stark are in Stannis's custody. If Ramsay had already killed Stannis and scattered his army, wouldn't he have recaptured Theon and Arya then? Why would he need to ask Jon Snow and the NW to recover them for him?

Errm, the Wildlings and the mammoths riding giants bent the knee to Stannis. They stayed back because Stannis allowed Jon to have them, if Jon tells him where to find more men. They are not "Jon's".

Jon Snow had to patiently explain to him the very basics of diplomacy before sending him to the mountain clans, and even then Stannis seemed to regard the whole thing as frippery. He kind of takes after his nephew in that regard in that he sort of expects loyalty because of his character and position and doesn't really enjoy schmoozing.

That being said, I agree that he's smarter than that.

Lol. He told him where to find places that are not on any map, how to treat with Northern clans (like anybody else from the south even knows of thier existance, let alone charachter) and tell him that he probably should'nt bring Mel along - But Stannis was'nt planning on doing it anyway. Not realy diplomacy 101. It's especially funny when said "teacher" can't even handle his own castle and the working elements there.

And Stannis has no nephews. At least not trueborn ones in a position of power.

You're also ignoring the very real possibility that Dany could unite the Dothraki and land with a half million warriors along w/ her dragons.

Stannis will only have the largest army if the Others bend the knee to him.

Bending the knee is an empty gesture to wildlings, I don't this has sunk in with Stannis.

I think wildlings are less loyal to Stannis than a bad sellsword comoany

Their whole society makes fun of knee benders

That makes them even less "Jon's". And the "fighters" that are left include cripples and the wounded from the battle beneath the Wall. For all intents and porpuses the Wildlings are no longer a serius military force, if ever they were at all.

For all intents and porpuses the Wildlings are no longer a serius military force, if ever they were at all.

Which doesn't make Stannis army anymore impressive even if they are his which I don't think they are.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't volunteer to ride out with Stannis like they did for Jon.

If Jon and Stannis were at odds do you really think they would side with Stannus?

Archived