Could Dany's and Cercei's lesbian encounters be foreshadowing their future relationship? <Not At All Crackpot>

Both Dany and Cercei showed bisexual leanings by experimenting with lesbian sex. While they both found it tempting, they ultimately found it unfulfilling. I postulate that this is because they were unsatisfied with their roles.

Dany enjoyed the experience with Irri, even reaching climax, but was wracked with guilt. Dany naturally fit into the (Dom)inant role, while Irri played the (Sub)missive role. This was too close to reality for Dany, whose anti-slavery crusade was just about to begin. Even though Dany had freed her, Irri still filled the role of servant, and the subsequent Dom/Sub relationship was too real for Dany to enjoy it as a sexual fantasy. No matter how willing Irri seemed to be, Dany could never know if it was truly consensual.

Cercei tried taking Taena as Robert has taken her, with herself as the Dom and Taena as the Sub. ‘But it was no good. She could not feel it, whatever Robert felt on the nights he took her. There was no pleasure in it, not for her. For Taena, yes.’ This shows Cercei associating the Sub with the one receiving pleasure. As in real life, those who command power often enjoy being the Sub in the bedroom, and this is true for Cercei as well. While Cercei didn’t enjoy being Robert’s Sub, she makes it clear that Robert only came to her bed when he was too drunk to be a decent lover.

The solution to the queens’ lesbian yearnings is for them to end up together, with Dany as the Dom and Cercei as the Sub. Dany would be able to enjoy being the Dom over a queen of equal rank, assured that her dominance is consensual. Cercei would be able to enjoy being the Sub to a conscientious and thoughtful lover, rather than that fumbling drunkard Robert.

This is supported by prophecy. Maggy the Frog says to Cercei: “Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.” The commonly held belief that this means another queen will usurp the throne is wrong. Rather it refers to Dany slapping Cercei down in the bedroom and taking her every way a woman can take another woman.

Also, even if this was not GRRM’s original plan, I can see HBO exerting considerable pressure for this happen.

This is supported by prophecy. Maggy the Frog says to Cercei: “Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.” The commonly held belief that this means another queen will usurp the throne is wrong. Rather it refers to Dany slapping Cercei down in the bedroom and taking her every way a woman can take another woman.

:eek: but this is really something new.

Um. I think you're mixing up the L with the B/D and the B/D with the S/M.

But in any case I must point out that Cersei fantasizes about Taena being gored like Robert was. (Edit: and that's just to try and get some pleasure out of the act.)

That is a bridge too far even for this scenario.

Um. I think you're mixing up the L with the B/D and the B/D with the S/M.

But in any case I must point out that Cersei fantasizes about Taena being gored like Robert was. (Edit: and that's just to try and get some pleasure out of the act.)

That is a bridge too far even for this scenario.

Everybody's kink is ok as long as it's consensual and between adults. And Ms Myr was most definitely into it.

Yes Cersei is depraved as shit, but this is the least of her problems.

As for Jaime, he finds this situation *HOT* and begs to join in. Cercei has found, as a Sub, that she has quite an asphyxiation fetish, and allows Jaime to join in only as long as he performs this fetish, thus satisfying the Valonquer prophecy.

:ack:

Everybody's kink is ok as long as it's consensual and between adults. And Ms Myr was most definitely into it.

Yeah, well, it wasn't consensual. La Swamp thought she was having vanilla lesbian sex. She didn't know Cersei was picturing her mortally wounded. And it can hardly be described as a kink since Cersei only thought it might add to the fun. But actually it didn't. Which disappointed her. Because she'd thought killing someone during sex might be sexy.

God, I am NEVER going to get into bed with a Lannister :ack:

Yeah, well, it wasn't consensual. La Swamp thought she was having vanilla lesbian sex. She didn't know Cersei was picturing her mortally wounded. And it can hardly be described as a kink since Cersei only thought it might add to the fun. But actually it didn't. Which disappointed her. Because she'd thought killing someone during sex might be sexy.

God, I am NEVER going to get into bed with a Lannister :ack:

True, but she did get off. While cersei didn't, so who 'wins.'

Archived