Why the hate for Robb Stark?

AegonTargaryen

I think the reason they hate Robb is because of him winnig everything and doing everything on his own.Noone helps him win battles he makes the plan and it always pays off.Of course he makes some small mistakes but comparing those mistake with the ones other POV characters did I think they were minor ones.For example if by some chance Jon was captured by a Northern lord or if LC was a more cruel man then he would have lost his head, if Robert didn't drank too much then Cersei and house Lannister was done for, if Stannis was a few more miles closer in Blackwater he would have died .... it goes on and on like this.But the only mistake Robb did were marrying a girl that was all.Robb actually did better then Stannis in his war, he destroyed nearly three Lannister army.

Robb is the ideal king in this story, he follows justice even if it means losing something he needs, he is loved by his people, he is a good commander, if only he had Vale he would hae been sitting on top of that ugly throne in KL right now.He tursted the wrong people that is true but if you look closely you can see all POV characters do that.Cersei trusts Taena and Qyburn, Jaime trusted Tyrion and Cersei, Jon trusted his "brothers in NW", Dany trusted Jorah and "his husband" etc....If you look at it the reason Robb lost his war is just because if he survived he would really win the throne and story would be shorter.

And what is this with Robb ruined his family thing?I really don't understand it.If you are talking about how Theon betrayed and Balon didn't accept his offer.I mean any sane person would accept it.Robb says he will give CR to Ironborn and with CS comes great wealth.If Balon wasn't a real idiot if Lysa wasn't LFs b*tch then Robb would have been the king.

Robb didn't want the Iron Throne and the Southrons wouldn't put or accept him there.

Robb didn't want the Iron Throne and the Southrons wouldn't put or accept him there.

He didn't want it I know but he would have the power to obtain it if things went like I said.And about Southerners frankly they would have no other choice, Lannisters couldn't stand against Vale, Riverrun and North+Ironborn and Martells wouldn't help Lannisters anyway.Tyrells wouldn't have joined Lannisters if they saw how Robb had more power then them.

Without his direwolf finding a hidden pathway in the Westerlands that none of the soldiers in that region knew about there would be no win at the battle of Oxcross.

How many soldiers hail from the mountains? A handful of peasants maybe, at a stretch a petty lordling but not likely one high ranking enough to be sitting in the command tent. The commander of the army sure as heck wouldn't have been expected to know of little used trails, he was from 50/ 100 (?) miles to the west.

I probably couldn't name every village within 15 miles of where I grew up, never mind knowing every road. But if I were driving to a relatives house at the other end of the country and the usual motorway was closed, I know there are other roads that would get me there. I could use a road atlas to tell me where to go; military commanders don't have those but they use scouts for the same purpose. Grey Wind was simply a better scout, faster and quieter and more observant - a satnav instead of a map.

Robb was smart to go West and engage Stafford when everybody else was thinking he'd be facing Tywin in the Riverlands, he was being no more than a sensible commander to send out scouts, and Stafford was a dumb commander not to have sent out scouts himself. It's no contrivance or plot gift.

He didn't want it I know but he would have the power to obtain it if things went like I said.And about Southerners frankly they would have no other choice, Lannisters couldn't stand against Vale, Riverrun and North+Ironborn and Martells wouldn't help Lannisters anyway.Tyrells wouldn't have joined Lannisters if they saw how Robb had more power then them.

Except the Vale and the Iron Islands are part of that group that wouldn't put him on the Iron Throne and declare him King.

Archived