White Walkers to be led by one of the POV's

A Bastard King

This is one of the theories I'm seeing suggested more and more, that sooner or later Jon or Bran or even someone else are going to lead the WW's army as King of the Night/Great other or some similar role.

I ain't gonna lie I'll be a little bit gutted if this happens as I have always seen the WW's/Great Other as the ultimate villain(s) in ASOIAF.

Some of the theories are so detailed it is hard to rule them out. I know we all have our favourite characters and foresee the story ending in our own way. Perhaps I have simple tastes and needs but I hope it is kept straight between

evil= WW's and good=Humans

With a back story of the struggle for the perceived power in the IT.

Anybody else feel this way?

Or even want this to happen?

I feel the same. I don't want the Others to be led by a human, but neither do I think the Others= ultimate evil villains. They are way misunderstood, and they have a backstory, that we don't don't, that explains the way they are.

I feel the same. I don't want the Others to be led by a human, but neither do I think the Others= ultimate evil villains. They are way misunderstood, and they have a backstory, that we don't don't, that explains the way they are.

I agree they will have a backstory too.... Perhaps rouge first men?

But IMO I want them to stay the bad guys, it would interesting if we knew what they wanted, planned and why?

but I haven't picked up on anything(now on my 4th reread) to suggest they are protecting themselves in anyway. They seem to be the ones expanding their ground coverage by coming south rather than protecting say their own kingdom.

So many reasons that this could be for, but again I personally have always seen them a force of destruction and darkness.

Ahah, maybe White Walkers think that in winter is just too cold up in the north, and they want to taste a little of south for their own good. :-P

This could be the very reason... :laugh:

I recall George saying something like they aren't dead but are rather beaituful misterious creatures.

I personally think it'll be awesome if this stabbing of Jon Snow causes some arc where he finds himself on the side of the WW's

I don't see that myself but that is what is great about books like this they can split opinions in so many ways. With regards to the stabbing I think he'll survive rather than die, become unJon or warg Summer. Whatever happens from this I do think it will be a game changed in someway.

So far in the story there is nothing to talk to with the others. They don't speak, they just kill. Kind of hard to negotiate with an undead creature that doesn't speak. I do agree though that there has to be something more to them, just haven't learned it yet.

They do speak. They speak in the Prologue, but in their language.

So far in the story there is nothing to talk to with the others. They don't speak, they just kill. Kind of hard to negotiate with an undead creature that doesn't speak. I do agree though that there has to be something more to them, just haven't learned it yet.

They do speak. They speak in the Prologue, but in their language.

Even without the prologue the is evidence they communicate in their own language by how they attack with strategies like at the fist when they attacked from different directions...

Also they have their rank structure Great other(possibly) - WW's - Wights so without being able to communicate it wouldn't work for them.

Even without the prologue the is evidence they communicate in their own language by how they attack with strategies like at the fist when they attacked from different directions...

Also they have their rank structure Great other(possibly) - WW's - Wights so without being able to communicate it wouldn't work for them.

The Great Other has nothing to do with the Others. It Mels who assumes they are servants of the Great Other, but they aren't.

Perhaps they do represent death and cold and darkness, but perhaps we'll get an explanation of them that while upholding this also sees them as both a necessary and beautiful part of life. Maybe they aren't good or eveil, but more of a force of nature.

That kinda thing would certainly not be an idea of no where. We know what we've heard about them comes from the First men and CoTF, and if we can hold them, to be similar to -- or an amalgamation of -- the first peoples of our world we can speculate that their mythologies (which are in this case real, noth myth) include forces that have been deemed evil, but that in fact represent forces of nature.

We've seen that the CotF call themselves those who sing the song of the earth, why can dragons be fire singers and WW water/ice singers. All reprsentitave of their natural elements...

I don't like reading theories or assumptions that are based on almost unreal twists. Bran leading the WWs?! It just sounds wrong. On the other hand, will Bran be able to "control" them? Like he did with Hodor?

It is possible he will infiltrate them by warging an Other.

One does not simply warg into Hodor.

And he did it untrained.

Martin hasn't given us any inside story on the Walkers so far. I'd say it's too late to start now. He's committed. They will remain the Great Other, representative of the unknown hostile. We will get no details beyond whatever POV character explores the Land of Always Winter sees and infers. He will never explain the Walkers' thoughts, motivations, origins, culture. They are only an implacable enemy, against which the struggles of mortals are defined.

After spending far too much time thinking about it , I can only see three possible outcomes for Jon snow.

1 he dies

2 he survives stabbing, recuperates carries on

3 he dies and comes back as unjon

If he comes back as undead the only wayIMO to push the story forward would be for him to lead the others against his nights watch killers

I don't like the idea that the Others are one dimensional villains. I'm sure GRRM will give them a motive but I prefer the idea that they're misunderstood. They can still be the bad guys, just greyer than most.

Yet it is difficult to speak of "misunderstood" for a race that receives blood sacrifices (or they collect the babies of that wicked Caster and raise them as their own with love?), that raises an army of undeads, that is known to have caused almost human extinction in a war so terrifying people still talks about it in their legends today..

If you think of it, we have had several wars in the past, many very despicable.. yet we don't raise our children telling them horror stories on war, because we don't feel such a thing so "near us" to be worth scaring children.. and we don't remember anything that has not been written down by some historian..

Archived