What do you think was the saddest moment from each book?

nillingar

I cried knowing when Bran was climbing up the walls knowing what happened to him. Theon and Jeyne was also sad knowing what they have been through. There were several Sansa moments while she was a Lannister captive that were sad. Also when she was sitting with the blind dog at the fingers. Another one from ADWD was when Shireen saw Wun Wun and was excited to see a real giant like the ones from the stories.

Theon about Robb

Full quote : And Robb. Robb who had been more a brother to Theon than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Murdered at the Red Wedding, butchered by the Freys. I should have been with him. Where was I? I should have died with him.

Thanks, I completely forgot about that. That's really sad too, it shows how Theon had to choose between his father and Robb, and regrets his choice.

1. Ned's death and also Ned reflecting on Lyanna.

2. Luwin's death.

3. Catelyn going insane when she sees Robb die, and Jon reflecting on Ned and what he'd think of him when he's been imprisoned.

4. "Egg, I dreamed I was old." Also Jaime's dream of his mother.

5. Theon thinking he should have died with Robb.

"We had to throw rocks," she said miserably. "I told her to run, to go be free, that I didn't want her anymore. There were other wolves for her to play with, we heard them howling, and Jory said the woods were full of game, so she'd have to deer to hunt. Only she kept following, and finally we had to throw rocks. I hit her twice. She whined and looked at me and I felt so 'shamed, but it was right, wasn't it? The queen would have killed her."

This seems to be the catalyst to a series of sad moments spanning the series for Arya. I probably could've left it at "We had to throw rocks," ...

Theon about Robb

Full quote : And Robb. Robb who had been more a brother to Theon than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Murdered at the Red Wedding, butchered by the Freys. I should have been with him. Where was I? I should have died with him.

Oh, I forgot about that one. Ouch. :crying:

AGOT: Robb and Bran's fingers twined and Ned's shocking death.

ACOK: Fall of Winterfell

ASOS: Cat's emotional plea, Arya's hole in her heart, Puddles got puddled, and Sansa's snowcastle scene

AFFC: Nothing had ever hurt so much then Brienne made a choice.

ADWD: Reek

Game: Viserys being promised a crown and dieing right after. I know he was an ass, but the way it happened was too cruel.

Clash: Maester Luwin's death.

Storm: Ygritte's death.

Feast: Brienne burring Nimble Dick's body.

Dance: Tormund telling how his son became a wight. Even the mighty cry :crying:

AGOT- When Arya almost see Ned's death and when Bran, Rickkon, and Maester Luwin see the Raven arrive from King's Landing

ACOK-Davos' sons dying on the Blackwater

ASOS- When Shae testifies against Tyrion

AFFC- Brienne meeting Lady Stoneheart

ADWD- Quentyn Martell's death

• 6 months later...

I agree Maester Aemon dying may have been the saddest in AFFC, but for me it's this:

"Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell's grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan's stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow's smile. He used to mess my hair and call me "little sister," she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes."

Archived