Wildfire under King's landing

Chadwick688

So I was thinking since Jaime killed Aerys and the pyromancer did anyone else know about Aerys' plan to blow up the city. If not all that wildfire should still be there. Does anyone think Jaime could possibly use it as a last ditch effort to kill the invading wight army. First time poster...sorry if this has been covered before.

First, welcome to the forum :cheers: . May you have great time here...

I doubt Jaime thought of wildfire after he killed Aerys and pyromancer. Certainly, the guild of pyromancers knew about wildfire and they probably neutralized it. It couldn't have been done by one man. Also, those supplies were used in Battle of Blackwater bay against Stannis.

Cersei will be the one to set the wildfire under KL.

Was going over this in another thread yesterday, so I decided to put together a collection of all the quotes that I think could foreshadow Cersei burning down King's Landing.

First the quotes that liken Cersei to wildfire:

Now the quotes that liken her to Aerys:

Now some foreshadowing that KL and it's inhabitants will be burned:

These last two are certainly ominous...

I was under the impression that the wildfire used in Blackwater was created after Roberts rebellion then even more so when Cersei had commissioned the pyromancers so the thousands of jars would still be under the city. Plus wildfire seems like the ultimate weapon against the wights.

Added-I posted this as Fire Eater was posting his quotes...after seeing them ask out together it does seem like Cersei will be the one to set everything aflame...if the valonquar doesn't kill her first :)

I think that most of that wildfire is still there. IMO if Dany ever gets to Westeros with the dragons they will set it off by accident and the whole town goes up in flames. I doubt that the wights ever get that far south, and Jaime's story may not include them anyway.

Added: IIRC, the pyromacers found some of Aerys's wildfire and added that to the total available to use on Stannis's army.

First, welcome to the forum :cheers: . May you have great time here...

I doubt Jaime thought of wildfire after he killed Aerys and pyromancer. Certainly, the guild of pyromancers knew about wildfire and they probably neutralized it. It couldn't have been done by one man. Also, those supplies were used in Battle of Blackwater bay against Stannis.

Actually the pyromancers didn't know it existed till it was discovered beneath the Dragonpit and the Great Sept of Baelor. I think all the pyromancers who worked on it are dead and no one but Jaime knows where all of them are.

Actually the pyromancers didn't know it existed till it was discovered beneath the Dragonpit and the Great Sept of Baelor. I think all the pyromancers who worked on it are dead and no one but Jaime knows where all of them are.

I doubt that even Jaime knows where they are. Simply, what we found out from his POV is that wildfire was stashed under the city and that Aerys planned to burn it. I don't think Jaime knows where all of them are.

This has been my theory for quite awhile, though I don't think it will ultimately be Cersei that sets it ablaze. I think Cersei will attempt to set it off when Aegon comes to claim his throne, or perhaps in some other subsequent invasion of KL, and that Jaime will kill her to keep her from doing it. So yes, I do think the story of Aerys will repeat. Eventually though, when the Others reach KL, I do believe this will be the plan to destroy them though obviously someone would have to tell the defenders of it's existence.

Before the Blackwater in one of Tyrion's POV's we hear that many stashes of wildfire are found in random locations, and he has a lot more built. While a lot is found, the fact that he needed more made sounds like the amount that was found would NOT be enough to burn King's Landing to the ground. So it's very likely that there's tons more hidden away.

I think the only remaining caches are at the seven gates and under the Red Keep. Cersei or whoever would need to find at least seven other people insane or stupid enough to enact the plan in order to do it right.

Before the Blackwater in one of Tyrion's POV's we hear that many stashes of wildfire are found in random locations, and he has a lot more built. While a lot is found, the fact that he needed more made sounds like the amount that was found would NOT be enough to burn King's Landing to the ground. So it's very likely that there's tons more hidden away.

:agree: the city will burn to the ground, probably when Aegon with Dorne will face off the Lannisters and Tyrells...

I think the only remaining caches are at the seven gates and under the Red Keep. Cersei or whoever would need to find at least seven other people insane or stupid enough to enact the plan in order to do it right.

Didn't hinder Aerys at all. The fact that all the head pyromancers were willing to go along with his plans does take some suspension of disbelief, though. Is being crazy part of the job description?

That being said, I do think that Cersei's going to torch the KL (with more or less success) and Jaime will stop her (with more or less success). However, I love the idea of Jaime burning the city to trap the Others and dying in process, so no one will ever know what he has done. :wub:

Archived